Disconnecting

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
Hey Staff/Players of PWO,

For some reason since i started playing in September, my game d/c A LOT! I know that the server lags sometimes and all that and I don't blame there server, maybe its my internet but i have full connection and I am through Coxx, Digital with the fast Internet Coxx gives where i live, so i don't know that its the internet. Which it could be but idk.

What i was wondering is if anyone else has this problem and how they fixed it?

What happens A LOT of the time is it will seem like the game froze or something and then it just goes to my login home screen ???

The biggest reason i am posting this, is because it happens a lot when i am in battle, and it causes me to have d/c on my record. I have 36 Disconnects on my record and none are intentional? Just wondering if anyone has any advice or help for this? I was thinking of redownloading the Client.

Thanks again,

knuckles002

Zack_XDD

Banned
Hey Knucks, it's more than likely a connection problem with either you or the client/server or the client/server as far as a solution I haven't heard that many have had this problem.

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
Thanks Zack, i redownloaded the client and so far its only done it a few times but i still hate it causing a lot of d/c on my record

Zack_XDD

Banned
Right, just hold out on battling for now then unless it's for a tournament or something.

Seth

Knuckles, Download PuTTY > do an mtr to 217.23.6.83 (pokemonworldonline.net) > leave it running for about 15 - 20 minutes and afterward, post your results to me in a PM. If you live in the continental US/Canada (which I'm assuming you do), chances are I manage your Redback on a cable/T1/DSL or EoC circuit so I can see if there are any routing issues from your residence to the server in question. However, if the routing dies/severe packet loss, you'll have to call your ISP as I'm only a NOC3 engineer.

PuTTY Download:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

TL;DR Instructions:
Download Putty > open client > Open > type "mtr 217.23.6.83" > Press enter > wait 20 minutes for the results > Copy + paste or screenshot.