disconnecting in battles

Boora

Youngster
uhm so i wasn't here for few years and i'm sure it was talked about alot,
but the 3 months i've been back i didn't see anything about it
basically what i'm saying is, why not make it that if you dc it'll be a loss but your opponent wont get a win
yes, its not perfect, but it'll prevent all the intentional dc that people so love to do when they're about to lose.
an extra lose or 2 a month for honest player who have happen to dc by mistake/internet wont make much difference to them and i'm sure everyone here will agree ,
its nice that people have a record of there dc's but you cant expect a player to /info every single opponent he's going to face just to see if he has alot of dc on his account

i bring this issue because it's hella frustrating that there's nothing that can be done about it , and people just take advantage of it
for example i wont name any names ,but someone just basically disconnected on me and when i asked him wtf when he came back, he just smiled.
i mean come on... i get that this is a pg game, but you dont have to be so bloody immature.

so guys, what do you think ? hoping to get an answer from a staff member that can make this happen aswell.

GawertyXL

It does seem like a good idea, personally, ive never disconnected while battling if I could help it, With this, it will make a better system instead of how people do things now.

Koriban

Dex. said:
I support your idea but your opponent can counter-attack and wait for you to dc

The player that's winning will be more likely to wait it out, though, as they have more to lose. Usually the loser ends up D/Cing if it becomes a wait-war.

I support this idea. But I would prefer if having D/C's actually had a negative influence on your battling/account, to further incur people doing it.

Boora

Youngster
yeah , that could work, but its a problem for the people that wouldn't dc on purpose

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
If it was that simple it would have been done already. Penalise the player who disconnects and you'll have a lot more waiting games where neither disconnect or attack, waiting for the other to give in. That would be far worse than having someone give up when they see they are losing. (This happened a few weeks back where two players were supposedly waiting each other out for over 2 hours.)

There was a forum discussion about this last year, many good ideas were discussed but none were any more practical to implement.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Perhaps something could be done regarding a necessary move within a certain amount of time in battles. That way there would be no waiting games. And if there could be an auto dc after that amount of time it would work well. Then all you'd have to do is punish someone who dc's a lot, like a temp battle ban.

Dragon16

Youngster
EcoWOLFrb said:
Perhaps something could be done regarding a necessary move within a certain amount of time in battles. That way there would be no waiting games. And if there could be an auto dc after that amount of time it would work well. Then all you'd have to do is punish someone who dc's a lot, like a temp battle ban.
well disconnecting does not break any rules, just makes people mad.
what would work is a temp ban from battling. ;)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
These are still penalties which would most likely motivate the players who disconnect to wait until you disconnect instead, leaving battles hanging indefinitely.

The best suggestion I have seen made in the past is to force a 'pass' from any player not choosing a move after a certain period of time- say one minute. So any player who makes no move loses their turn after 3 minutes and the move passes to the next player.

Though even one minute might be too long for stallers who choose to make you wait the whole time before attacking, so maybe even 30 seconds. But this has been suggested before and I'm not sure 1. Whether it can be done. and 2. Whether it would really solve the issues without causing more.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I suggested something close to that in my previous comment, but i think 30 seconds is kind of harsh, sometimes I like to go on the wiki and see which move I should use against a certain type. That usually takes 20-40 seconds depending on the situation. Maybe a minute would be preferable to most.

Dragon16

Youngster
well what about when the server lags a player and they lag for that mount of time, which happens to me a lot due to my internet connection.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Exactly. As I stated earlier there is no easy, perfect solution.

Garnet

HitmonFonty said:
If it was that simple it would have been done already. Penalise the player who disconnects and you'll have a lot more waiting games where neither disconnect or attack, waiting for the other to give in. That would be far worse than having someone give up when they see they are losing. (This happened a few weeks back where two players were supposedly waiting each other out for over 2 hours.)
I never expected they will go to that length, 2 hours seriously :eek:
As for the player that dc when they are about to lose, I think mostly they are just kids (literally) though maybe some are not. If you want to be sure your opponent won't dc on battle, your best bet would be to battle player that you know they won't dc.