Devolution spray

Electrofreak

200px-DevolutionSprayBaseSet72.jpg

We need this in our lives. It would be cool to be able to adjust evolutions as more forms come out.

Examples:
eeveelutions
gardevoir/gallade
glalie/froslass
politoed/poliwrath
bellossom/vileplume
pikachu/raichu (when light ball is implemented)
any lower stage/ evolved form (for when eviolite is implemented)

It could be a donation item for tokens. I would easily pick a few up for 5-10 tokens.

Again, I WILL DONATE FOR THIS! *throws money at screen*

PhantomsCV

Electrofreak said:
200px-DevolutionSprayBaseSet72.jpg

We need this in our lives. It would be cool to be able to adjust evolutions as more forms come out.

Examples:
eeveelutions
gardevoir/gallade
glalie/froslass
politoed/poliwrath
bellossom/vileplume
pikachu/raichu (when light ball is implemented)
any lower stage/ evolved form (for when eviolite is implemented)

It could be a donation item for tokens. I would easily pick a few up for 5-10 tokens.

Again, I WILL DONATE FOR THIS! *throws money at screen*

I like this idea. With more Pokemon being released and multiple stage Pokemon being released recently people did not have the whole gambit of choices they would if they evolved today. Multi line Evolutions are new in the PWO landscape and we did not have a chance to get the new evolutions. I also like the idea because it is not part of the normal games but is part of the Pokemon "World".

Goku-

I also enjoy this idea. This would be cool to see not only with future evolutions but the current ones as well. I think the price would have to be on the higher end, maybe 8-10 tokens.

Electrofreak

Gogeta709 said:
I also enjoy this idea. This would be cool to see not only with future evolutions but the current ones as well. I think the price would have to be on the higher end, maybe 8-10 tokens.

I could see the higher end tokens as well. It definitely would be bought in decent amounts. People could change which evolution their pokemon based on changes made to the PWO system.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Would be a good idea for all the godless people who evolved teddyursa or marill.

Electrofreak

im bumping because we need this in our lives.

To Staff:
WE ARE GOING TO GIVE YOU MONEY FOR THIS! LOTS OF MONEEEYYYY!

Electrofreak

I'm beginning to think the money thing was taken offensively. Staff, the throwing money part was a joke. I was just making a point of how much I would want this in game. I was not SERIOUSLY implying you needed money to implement something.

To make the point more clear, I have pm'd brennan and luminance about the recent bibarel event about how hilarious it was. You guys didn't do that for money. I was not implying everything done is with money involved. If anyone took that seriously, I apologize, but it was not meant offensively. I just joke around a lot, as can be seen from my ban resulting from calling brennan my waifu for about 3 weeks.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Don't worry, I looked past that myself, since I understood it was a joke.

To be honest, the main reason I hadn't given my feedback on this idea is because it was posted during a time I was temporarily inactive; and I subsequently forgot about the thread on returning. I'm curious though as to what the main reasons are for why players would want a Devolution Spray implemented in PWO. I understand the "PWO now supports evolutions previously not possible" argument, but are there any other reasons?

On a personal level, given PWO is currently known to be glitchy regarding trigerring evolutions at higher levels, I am concerned that if a devolution spray were used to devolve a Pokémon that doesn't have an item evolution method; and then the player changes their mind later on, they may find themselves stuck with the devolved Pokémon. I'm also worried whether devolving a Pokémon and then being offered to re-evolve it every level again might become irritating to players. Which doesn't fill me with confidence given the two concerns contradict each other, but I'm willing to hear what people think here too.

Electrofreak

Well, realistically speaking, someone wouldn't devolve a pokemon that only has 1 evolutionary path unless eviolite is implemented or that pokemon is porygon2, which is an item evolution. The only reason for this would be to keep a pokemon in a preferred form if it is their favorite.

Point 1: Most pokemon by and large that would be targeted by the devolution spray are pokemon with multiple paths. MOST multiple path pokemon, have a stone, or trade item involved in their evolution. The one exception to this rule, would be tyrogue (which might need a custom-evo item anyway, since this game lacks EVs to adjust stats).

Pokemon with stone/item secondary evolutions:
Oddish family (stones)
Poliwag family (primary stone, secondary kings rock)
Slowpoke family (Primary lvl 37, king stone secondary)
Eevee family (stones)
wurmple family (personality values)
Ralts family (primary lvl 30, secondary dawn stone)
Snorunt family (primary lvl 42, secondary dawn stone)
Clamperl family (item based evolution)
Burmy family (cloak based evolution)

Pokemon with splits based on level/stats:
Tyrogue family

Point 2: Once level 99, pokemon will not be asked to evolve again. This allows the person who wants to keep their dragonair a dragonair to do so. This is already in-game as is.

If this is implemented, reasonably, a person will not devolve a pokemon just to evolve it back to that again. A person for instance will devolve their Gardevoir into a kirlia, to then use a dawn stone. Before dawn stone implementation, why would someone try leveling it in the first place? If the argument is to defend the person with a lvl 55 gardevoir, wanting to devolve it while not having a dawn stone, well that would be a minority based on a free-will choice knowing the consequences beforehand would it not?

Point 3: Once multi-path pokemon are released to their full potential, the person will STILL have to click no to prevent evolution if they wish to wait to evolve due to the exp change.

Point 4: It gives people an option to help fix their evolution glitch at 99. You could make the spray drop them by 2-3 levels instead of 1. This way it serves multiple purposes. It would also be a fairly good money-sink item to buy in game if you wished to go that route with it.

Conclusion:
Overall, the item just adds an option to the game, rather than an annoyance. A person would have to knowingly devolve their pokemon to cause any problems. It could give a secondary option to those who have experienced the non-evolution glitch on their pokemon, and let them fix that. A person changing their mind, would then have 2-3 levels to correct their mistake.

sources:
bulbapedia

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... evolutions

To Jinji:

If you have any other concerns feel free to just keep responding here. I will keep an eye on this thread.