DD quest issue

Merse

Youngster
I was talking to Cheryl the second time (after returning from Olivine with her frying pan), when a few seconds of heavy lag affected the whole game (players started to ask about it on the chat, that's why I know it). Only the first page of text showed up, then instead of continuing when the game rolled once again, it just disappeared. I tried to talk to Cheryl again, but all she tells me "Sorry, I'm busy." So I checked where is the next NPC (the old lady in Lavender Town), went there, but she's telling me only the standard speech than to anyone. So now I can't talk to Cheryl, I can't talk to the old lady, I'm totally stuck.
Some GM/GE/whoever can fix it please help me out!

Thanks! :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I would go back after a couple of hours. If you give her the wrong answer before going for the frying pan you have to wait about 11 hours to go back to her before she'll talk to you again. Maybe getting frozen like that mid sentence triggered off that wait time again.

Merse

Youngster
I already got the frying pan, I took it back to her, and I was just talking to her when she should have give the new directions to me to Lavender town when the lag caused the trouble. And I choosen the right answer, not about 100k and the bike. Now neither she, nor the old lady wants to talk to me.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Yep I realise that, I'm just saying that the freeze may have triggered the wait time, like a d/c automatically assumes a loss to an gym leader, this freeze automatically assumed a wrong answer. I'd say that's the most likely explanation and that you have the 11 hour wait ahead of you. Just my thoughts.

Merse

Youngster
OK, I played 12 more hours, went back to Cheryl, she still doesn't want to talk to me, nor the old lady. Somebody please do something!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
According to the latest update the wait time is now only 3 hours. If, the next time you log in and check she is still not talking to you go to the IRC and talk to reborn about it.

mad30

Youngster
Merse, if bluerise suggestion still doesn't work, I will need to look at your profile while you are in game. I should be in game for the next hour or so. Otherwise we will need to set up a time to meet.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
mad30 said:
Merse, if bluerise suggestion still doesn't work, I will need to look at your profile while you are in game. I should be in game for the next hour or so. Otherwise we will need to set up a time to meet.
Just to note, they didn't need to wait. Their account has no recorded Frying Pan.