Data wipe coming up?

andrewle

theres a rumor that is going around the comunity they said our pokemons and data will be wiped out and we have to start a new account when the new client was released so, Is that true?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Re: Hardcoreh's Log

andrewle said:
theres a rumor that is going around the comunity they said our pokemons and data will be wiped out and we have to start a new account when the new client was released so, Is that true?
Certainly not, Andrewle! Changing a client doesn't mean the server data also changes - after all, for the most part, a client simply gets the data from the server, interacts with it and sends things back as needed. And practically everything about your account is on the server. So I doubt a new client would cause us to wipe accounts ;)

GawertyXL

Only going to assume, If new server code where to be written, due to differences in how people may code/the type of coding language used, would data then have to be wiped, if not transferable?

KstersSlade

andrewle said:

I believe it was discussed that when the game gets out of the BETA, people would have to start all over. I think that may have been where the rumor was brought up from.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
I've split the topic as it's not necessarily client related.

We have no plans on performing a data wipe once the new client is launched. We are currently planning on removing released pokemon for accounts, however this will not be for a good while yet (more details will be available in the future).

As for the plans after beta, various staff members have left and joined since the plan was originally thought on. What will we exactly do? It's not a discussion that we've had and is not necessarily a thing players have to worry about just yet.

HeavyPetter

KstersSlade said:
I believe it was discussed that when the game gets out of the BETA, people would have to start all over.

Everyone who is currently active in the game will most probably have died of old age by the time PWO goes out of beta, so there's no need to worry really :p

Peace-Enforcer

HeavyPetter said:
KstersSlade said:
I believe it was discussed that when the game gets out of the BETA, people would have to start all over.

Everyone who is currently active in the game will most probably have died of old age by the time PWO goes out of beta, so there's no need to worry really :p

I hope so. I don't wanna die from a hearth attack after i find out my acc is wiped :S
old age sounds fine ;)

yuudev

yeah i hope the data wont be restarted because i have many funky starter pokemon
:-[