CUSTOM SPRITE IN TOKEN STORE

MaxChakra!

Hi i think it would be a great idea to add a few custom sprites for players to purchase in the token store? is it possible to add some of the old poke games sprites or a nice variety and also that it shows on the game amongst all players and not just to the player who purchased it. is this possible?

Restlesswaistland

i do like this idea however i feel it should be for every one. i do understand that the ts does bring money for server upkeep ect. but i feel it would be nice to bring something that catches the eyes of all players not just ts buyers. not every one can "donate" and a game strictly based off of token store buys would take away the appeal for new players as if every one could pick a sprite (such as pokemon firered sprites and so on.) it would bring a new look to pwo. as i do agree some sprites could be a ts only. but i feel it is not fair to the players that can not afford to donate. tho i do hate to admit most of pwo is already based off of ts donations that already give a upper hand. such as i have only ran into 3 shiny pokemon the whole time i have been here ( yes lot of it is luck how ever i know for a fact that ms gets a boost because of the fact that i have friends that have ms and at least get 1 to 2 shiny's a week) and also they may buy 3rd gen pokemon and others and pay a little extra with a possibility of it being shiny/boosted iv's. what do regular players get? oh yeah they get to play the game THAT IS IT. i think it is time to give back to all the regular players and stop playing favorites. if i am not mistaking the non ms player base far exceeds the ms player base. so why not appeal to the majority than the few? not trying to start a flame war or any type of argument just simply expressing MY OWN opinion. i do feel this is a good idea and would love to see a staff express his/her thoughts on the idea. i hope to see this implemented into the game some day.

LunaticJames

Content maker
Merse said:
It is not possible with the current client.

It is actually possible with this client.
Something a lot of the Art staff are very aware about ;)

Merse

Youngster
I was under the impression that without some tampering on the staff's side, it is impossible to use unique sprites...
Well in this case, I'm all for the idea!

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Merse said:
I was under the impression that without some tampering on the staff's side, it is impossible to use unique sprites...
Well in this case, I'm all for the idea!

There can always be scripts coded to emulate what the staff does manually. ;) In this case, it only requires a simple account-end database change, to designate which sprite the server will load for that character from the client's spritesheets—more of which can be plugged in.

What isn't currently possible with the current client, however, is sprite customization—the ability to accessorize and customize the apparel of outfits for base sprites. That'll require more dimensions of image-modification on the client's end, as well as a countless array of standalone clothing/accessory components in the client. However, it is still completely possible to have control over which pre-sprited outfits in the client your character can use, as Luna stated; it just hasn't been made optionable to players yet, but it is planned.

Limitations aside, however, it's still encouraged to have visionary ideas for what's ultimately ideal; that's what the coding framework will cater to in the end, rather than vice versa. :)

MonsterAlly

Arr I like this idea. Another pokemon mmo has done this idea well (PCO but now its offline hope I don't get in trouble for saying it). The pokemon game is no longer around but the idea was solid. What they did was sell pieces of clothing at many a pokemarts and also has some in the token stores. It varied from lots of customization options. It had shoes, pants, shirts, accessories (like sunglasses or eye patches), and hats/hair that would each be put on one at a time but also had full suit you could buy that would make the whole sprite change (IronMan, Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Batman as examples). This adds a lot to a game I believe since everyone won't have just the same two sprites anymore, and add just enough flare so people can have some personality. Another thing that could be done would be allowing fan to create the sprite work and submit them on the forums for approval (since sprite creation is rather simple for those who know what their doing) and that would ease some of the work staff would have to do.

xPecT

Bump. Was reading old topics and this idea is great. Instead of random lucky players like me that got team rocket and lance sprites some more sprites and access to them by new players should be something to be considered. Otherwise it's just another thing that new people that start playing PWO won't ever have access to.

Many people PMed a tremendous number of times about my team rocket sprite:

"hi. how can i get that image of the doll?"
"hi. where did u get that image?"
"hi . can i be a team rocket too?"

Even if i'm lucky that i have such a "rare" sprite i would like more variety. Nowadays it feels like people who play PWO, 50% of them have Lance sprite 40% have the predefined sprite and 10% have the team rocket sprite.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
There's been a bit of a necropost here, but the idea is still valid enough that I don't think it really matters. In any case, the idea of custom sprites that can be bought with Tokens or unlocked through Membership has definitely been brought up a number of times.