Client Update 1.96

Donar

After what ended up being weeks of testing we finally have another major update ready for you guys. The main focus was on completely rewriting the battle engine on the server side but hasn't been left at that; it includes some new features such as different types of Pokeballs as well as Random Battles in the fashion of Pokemon Showdown. You can find the full changelog below.

Special thanks go to dbzgod420 and CharManDa who have helped a lot in testing this update and ironing out the biggest bugs. Of course the staff and a few testers can't find every bug, so please do report anything you stumble upon on the Bug Catcher.

The download links to the latest installer can be found here: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=25997

Detailed list of changes
Server:
  • Remade the battle engine (all but 13 moves should be working now, abilities and items will follow)
  • Added support for natures
  • Added support for second and hidden ability
  • Implemented Random Battles
  • Implemented Power Points
  • Re-enabled item trading
  • Multi-level ups now happen in the same battle (previously only one per battle)
  • Added support for move reordering
  • Removed prompt for learning an already known move on level up
  • TM can no longer be taught if the Pokemon already knows that move
  • Initial Pokemon movesets are now generated randomly, instead of always the last 4 in the movepool
  • Added support for different types of terrain
  • Added support for different types of Poke Balls
  • You now need to be facing water to fish or start surfing - previously you only needed to be next to it
Client:
  • Added a summary window for pokemon (opens with left click - works for team, pc and trade window)
  • Added numeric display of base stats to the pokedex
  • Fixed Pokedex taking a long time to re-open
  • Fixed a potential cause of black maps
  • Wiki links posted in chat are now clickable
  • Added default colors for chat/game text
  • Fixed PMs breaking after using /block
  • Fixed multiple evolutions triggered in same battle
  • Fixed multiple move learning
  • Fixed sounds still playing on 0 volume
  • Fixed sliders in the options window
  • Changed controller support to be disabled by default (can be activated with /joyon)
  • Fixed people appearing to be walking after battle start
  • Added support for updating the facing direction of other players
  • Added a caught indicator to wild battles
  • Added new bags to the backpack
  • Screenshot can now be created by pressing F9
  • Split the item bag in battle into Potions and Poke Balls
  • Fixed autotiles causing major performance drops
  • Changed the previously useless "Party" option in the player menu to "Random Battle"
  • Fixed weather sound effects still playing while indoors or when disabled
Notes:
  • Item manipulating moves such as Thief work as described on Bulbapedia and in accordance to handhelds (meaning they are PERMANENT in wild battles, but only temporary in any other battle)
  • Currently every battle starts you with full PP, we don't plan on ever changing this for wild battles but might introduce some special NPC challenges that make use of not-resetting PP
  • You can exchange the now useless "Greatball Upgrade" at any PokeMart
  • Natures and second/hidden ability are working but not yet generated for wild Pokemon until a different project has been finished and released.

Edit:
To clarify, held items and abilities that have not been working before this update have not yet been fixed/added.
The 13 currently broken moves are: Fling, Natural Gift, Follow Me, Snatch, Rage Powder, Wide Guard, Bug Bite, Retaliate, After You, Magic Room, Quash, Sky Drop, Pluck

humanplus

This is so cool! ;D Thanks Donar and the rest of PWO team who worked hard on this update. Since Nature, HA, and Second Abilities are supported, PVP battles are gonna be very exciting. Time to hunt and train new pokemons again. Cheers!

Donar

ILoveDell said:
The Pokemon Meowth is with different image.

Seems our artist had a little slip up there, we'll fix it within the next hours it's been fixed. For now you can just go to the folder you installed PWO and look at \Skins\Default\Images\Monsters\Front\Normal\, delete 52.png and rename 52u.png to 52.png
Alternatively you can redownload and install the fixed setup.

Mastergam

2x words to say... "NICE WORK"... very, very gratefull for it, wainting ansiously to edit my Eeveelution skin to this new client... Cya guys =) =D

Sylpharionz

Awesome stuff! :D

So can we now change the existing poke nature and ability? Or that is not yet implemented?

Necrozombie

Sorry as I can make it update

Please help me only appears

new update

Download and content but do not know how to operate it

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Wow, that might be one of the biggest updates I've seen here. Good to see everyone is still kicking butt :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Necrozombie said:
Sorry as I can make it update

Please help me only appears

new update

Download and content but do not know how to operate it

Download the new client from here:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=25997

Just install it as normal and it will update your current client.

humanplus

I've found a bug while battling wild pokemon though i haven't submitted it yet in Bug Catcher. This bug won't allow you to select a different move if you don't faint a wild poke in 1 shot. Will be posting soon together with the screenshot.

mad30

Youngster
Cool,

Let me be the first to start DEMANDING what should be next.

Level cap increased to 100
More regions
Easier shiny odds
Easier dratini odds
Remove dratinis ability to evolve
Force everyone to battle with level 100 shiny dratinis
And finally WE NEED MORE COWBELLS

Thanks,
Appreciative nobody

Jhanex

AWESOME UPDATE :) im very happy
Thanks for your works staff, keep it up!!

aapman55

For me after logging in, everything is empty. No news feed, no chats, no map, only my avatar with some clouds coming out its head. Am I doing something wrong? As everyone could get in.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
aapman55 said:
For me after logging in, everything is empty. No news feed, no chats, no map, only my avatar with some clouds coming out its head. Am I doing something wrong? As everyone could get in.

If you use a custom skin that might be the problem I had that issue till I reconfigured my old skin.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
A huge update .. A rare scene ... thanks for all. gg