Client Errors

ksalim313

Some players get errors messages like these two:

1jxi80.png
RGQPN9i.jpg

A simple fix for these two error message is shown below, but first you may need to know what type of Windows you're using, to know such information about your Windows, follow steps in the spoiler

1 - Open 'Computer' either on your desktop or from start menu

2 - click on 'System properties' which can be found on the top bar of the window

3 - Next to 'System type' you can find either '32-bit Operating system' or '64-bit Operating system'

Now for the solution:

For 32-bit version of Windows:

1 - Copy the four files (MSINET.OCX, MSWINSCK.OCX, dx8vb.dll, and RICHTX32.OCX) from your PWO directory (the directory where you installed PWO) to C:\Windows\system32

2 - Go to start menu > search for cmd > right click on it > click on 'Run as Administrator' then enter the following commands:

3 - Use these commands in cmd:

Code:
regsvr32 MSINET.OCX
regsvr32 MSWINSCK.OCX
regsvr32 dx8vb.dll
regsvr32 RICHTX32.OCX

For 64-bit version of Windows:

1 - Copy the four files (MSINET.OCX, MSWINSCK.OCX, dx8vb.dll, and RICHTX32.OCX) from your PWO directory (the directory where you installed PWO) to C:\Windows\SysWOW64

2 - Go to start menu > search for cmd > right click on it > click on 'Run as Administrator' then enter the following commands:

3 - Use these commands in cmd:

Code:
cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSINET.OCX
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSWINSCK.OCX
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dx8vb.dll
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RICHTX32.OCX

Important Notes:

1 - As the sound may be disabled and enabling it from the game's options may not work, go to 'My documents' open the file PWOOptions and at the line with 'sound=0' change the 0 to 1

2 - For Windows 8 users, to open the cmd as administrator you may need to use the shortcut: (Window key + X) then choose 'Command Prompt (Admin)' then proceed as shown

If this solution didn't work for you or you have another type of errors, visit this page and explore the solutions given in there

Good luck everyone :)

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Beat me at making this topic. :p

Much appreciated either way.
I will requesting we sticky this topic for the time being.

ksalim313

lol, thanks and it's all yours Pansy :D

If you want to change its subject to a better name, be my guest ;)

king1234

Youngster
This could be edited on the wiki, but lets see how it works out for the time being, and the client update might fixed most of these issues.

ksalim313

Command Prompt is the cmd, which is the console used to give commands to your Windows to execute.
To open cmd:

In Windows XP using these steps: click on Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
In Windows 7 you should find it when you search for it in the start menu.
In Windows 8 you can find it using the shortcut (Window key + X) then select Command Prompt (Admin) Or go to:
Start Screen > All Apps > Windows System > right click on Command Prompt and choose Run As administrator.

If you're using different type of operating system, I may need to know what it's :)

Yahazugiri7

Now i copy this (cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64 regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSINET.OCX regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSWINSCK.OCX regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dx8vb.dll) in the command board and its says error......Im so confused

ksalim313

I thought this error was fixed in the new version of the client v1.80 but if the problem persists with the newer version, I may need to know what error do you get, a screenshot may help more :)

Before you start with this solution, have you tried to uninstall the game and install it as an administrator?

Also, are you sure you did this step while using this solution:

ksalim313 said:
1 - Copy the three files (MSINET.OCX, MSWINSCK.OCX, dx8vb.dll) from your PWO directory (the directory where you installed PWO) to C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Yahazugiri7

Well it seems that i will have to wait for a new fixed client.(Even if i show you a screenshot i dont thing that you would understand because my pc language isnt English)

ksalim313

What version of PWO are you using 1.79 or 1.80?

Plus can you translate it to me using Google translate or something?

Just don't give up ;)

Feel free to PM me if you want to do it step by step :)

Yahazugiri7

The 1st error has the title RegSvr32 and it says that the loading of MSINET.OCX has failed it also says that i have to assure that the file is saved in the right directory(im not sure if the word directory is the exact translation)and it says something for the .dll archives
The 2nd error says the same but has the title MSWINSXK.OCX

ksalim313

Okay that was because you didn't copy the files to the correct directory

Copy the three files (MSINET.OCX, MSWINSCK.OCX, dx8vb.dll) from your PWO directory (the directory where you installed PWO) to C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Where exactly did you install PWO? if you just clicked next on everything while installing the game, then your PWO directory is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokemon World Online'