Client crashes on start

R

Rax14207

I realize that this really isn't the place to be posting this, but with the Playerdex down, and the bugs sections of the forums shutdown (besides replies), I wasn't sure where I should post this.  I've also spent a fair share of time trying to find others with my problem, but couldn't find anything.  I'm also the only one of 4 of my friends that has this problem.  We all also just recently signed up (on the 10th). 

My problem is that whenever I run PWO, it will start up for a moment and then crash.  The intro screen won't even pop up.  Looking at processes, I can see that it starts for a moment, get's to 13k-20k RAM and then disappears. There's no error screen at all, it just won't open. 

After messing around some, I have found that removing the setting.ini file under the skins/default folder will allow the client to boot and I can log in.  However the server has been full so I reach the loading screen and nothing happens.  I'm not sure if by removing the settings file that it will even allow me to log in, but at least it doesn't crash.

If anyone has any reasons why this is doing this, please let me know.  Let me know what information you want about my computer as well, as that might help.

As for some generics:
Windows 7 SP1
NVidia 130m gt
4GB's RAM

EDIT:  The game DOES crash when I log in with the missing settings file.  I had the game attempt to load, had a second of sound, and then it promptly died.  Still no error message.  Also, starting the client, then re-adding the settings file and logging in gives me the error that the server may be down.

Joxen

[shadow=black]Do you only get up to the loading screen? Or do you actually get to the bulletin? [/shadow]

R

Rax14207

Joxen said:
  [shadow=black]Do you only get up to the loading screen? Or do you actually get to the bulletin? [/shadow]
I Made it to the bulletin, but I have since figured out that it's the Sound files that are causing my client to crash.  Taking all of the sound files out of the game directory allows for the game to run without crashing.

This works for me, as it allows me to play, but if anyone has any idea why the sound files are causing my client to crash, let me know and thanks.

Akiko

:p maybe you are changed ini files etc
when you downlad the client and install it there nopthing more to sniff in directory check what processes runs in background since few softwares prevents cliend from loading example on win7  PWO.exe has stopped working. And yes check your backround programs client is instructed to prevent "CERTAINS" programs to run then pwo closes itself. I hope you know what i mean
anyway client installation working in this way for almost all users idk why are you exception as i said check backround programs
that pwo dislikes ;)