Cianwood City

ksalim313

In the past, Cianwood city was accessed by using wind surfboard or using the ferry for 2k and a players could go back to Olivin city using a wind surfboard or the ferry NPC.

Now after re-implementing the transportation system (Ferry is the one involved here), a player can go to Cianwood city using the wind surfboard or using the ferry with a cost of a ticket (5k) and the player can get out of the city using the wind surfboard or using the ferry (if he/she has a ticket, otherwise, he/she may need to buy one for 5.5k).

The problem:
When a player comes to Cianwood city, he/she might not have a wind surfboard, transportation tickets or even enough money to buy a ticket for 5.5k. As a result, he/she may be isolated in Cianwood city for weeks or even months to get the needed money for the transportation ticket and if the player has started in Johto, he/she might not get enough money from battling Cianwood city gym's NPCs (The only source of money in Cianwood city for players with less than 5.5k) as they have low level pokemon.

I created this topic to know if the community sees it as a problem or not, and to discuss it with members of this great community to find a good solutions (if you think of it as a problem).

Some Notes about Cianwood city:
1- It does not have fishing/surf spawns.
2- It does not have grass patch other than Johto Safari which costs 6k to be accessed (Will not help players with less than 5.5k).

Some Proposed Solutions: (what I could think of)
Solution A:
Keep everything as it is; it's the player fault not to think a head and gain more money before going to Cianwood city and as a hard lesson to learn let him/her grind the needed money from the gym's NPCs for weeks and maybe months. (In my opinion, this is not a solution!!)

Solution B:
Adding fishing spawns to Cianwood city to help players grind money faster (What if a player does not have Old Rod?) and adding grass patches to Cianwood city. (This might be a good solution)

Solution C:
Adding a teleporter for players with money less than 5.5k and without a wind surfboard. (It can be a temporary solution but I don't think it will be a good long lasting solution)
Or the ticket's seller NPC in Cianwood city takes all the money a player may have if he/she has less than 5.5k.

Solution D:
Adding a buyer NPC that can buy "trade-able" items (like pokeballs, revive, escape ropes or evolutioanry stones) from player for money.

*I actually knew this problem when I was talking to a player (if I remember correctly: NaguaK) who is stuck now in Cianwood city with no way out of it

Saric

Youngster
In my opinion, it's better off having a free transport off of cianwood (which, I've been told, is apparently not possible). Only other viable way is in Solution C.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Maybe the free teleporter NPC could be made to ONLY teleport those who don't have the Mineral Badge. If the NPC finds the Mineral Badge it should send the player to the normal Ferry.

Tecknician

The npc should be set up already to provide those a free ride back to olivine. If you don't have a ticket or a pass, the only place you can travel to is olivine.

ksalim313

First: Thanks Saric and Fonty for participating :)

When the Ferry system was re-implemented lately, I was in Cianwood city and the ferry NPC refused to teleport me to Olivine city and I noticed a new ticket seller NPC, after that the ferry NPC asked me to select a destination (Olivine city was not the only option if I remember correctly), so, I assumed every player has to buy a ticket first, but when a player, NaguaK, told me he is stuck in Cianwood city and cannot get back to Olivine I assumed the NPC works the same for all of us without testing it first myself before creating the topic.

So, I decided to test this NPC before I post this reply and here is my observations:

• The ferry NPC offers a free ride for all players without 0 tickets, regardless of how much pokedollars they might have and the following message appears at ferry port in Olivine city:
    XoEl2oo.jpg
    but Olivine city map loads instantly after the message disappears.

• The ferry NPC consumes a ticket when the player have at least one ticket and the following message appears when at the ferry port in Olivine city:
    hqMYulw.jpg
  • The ferry NPC in Cianwood city offers only rides to Olivine city

So I wonder, what is the purpose of the ticket seller in Cianwood city if it offers rides to the same place with and without tickets?

Side note:
  • The Train station in Silver city does not offer rides to Viridian city and offer rides to Silver city. (??)
  • The Ticket seller NPC in Viridian city cannot be talked to, to purchase tickets.

psychosamm

Youngster
Tecknician said:
Obviously those are bugs and needs to be reported *rolleyes*
Which is why i'm sure he reported them Teck. :p

I think there needs to be a better bug reporting system in place period, perhaps its own section in forums?

king1234

Youngster
psychosamm said:
Tecknician said:

I think there needs to be a better bug reporting system in place period, perhaps its own section in forums?

Maybe the new playerdex will have a better bug report system.

ksalim313

Sam: thanks and I agree with you point. :)
king: I hope so :)

Teck: I know you're full of having bugs in many systems and subsystems in PWO and I know you're trying your best as a volunteer administrator to make this game better and better, I appreciate your work, I really do.

I was trying to do my best as beta tester too by pointing out any weaknesses I can find in the system and actually test the new updates, but apparently I shouldn't have wasted my time nor about 100k to test this thing over and over again, just to make sure that what observations I write here are not some momentary glitches :eek:

Anyway, I think I should say: I'm sorry for wasting your time everyone, I was just trying to share some thoughts about PWO with the community.

Goodluck everyone :)

Saric

Youngster
king1234 said:
psychosamm said:
Tecknician said:

Maybe the new playerdex will have a better bug report system.
The current one has one, but I doubt it's looked after as much as the forums are.

ksalim313

Bug Catcher is still working and we are encouraged to use it unless it was a feedback for a new update then the topic of the update is the best thing use as far as I know.

But I think they have bigger issues to deal with at the moment, just because the bugs that we report are not fixed yet, it doesn't mean they're not aware of these bugs but rather they might have a priority queue for the bugs.

When the topic was created, it wasn't dealing with a bug in the system, it was discussing a potential design problem that appeared to be taken care of.

Side note: after reading my last reply, I may have overreacted, so, apologies. :)

Tecknician

ksalim313, if that is you overreacting, feel free to at any time. Rarely do I get such a detailed bug assestment as yours, and when I do its extremely helpful.

I actually know of a major bug currently in game that benefits the players. Exactly 1 player to my acknowledge has reported it. This pisses me off greatly. When it comes to npc bugs I would rather have overreaction, abundance of reports, ect ect rather than what I usually get, either no reports, people assuming I know of the bug, or a very vague report that I still have to figure out what is actually happening.

Saric

Youngster
Tecknician said:
ksalim313, if that is you overreacting, feel free to at any time. Rarely do I get such a detailed bug assestment as yours, and when I do its extremely helpful.

I actually know of a major bug currently in game that benefits the players. Exactly 1 player to my acknowledge has reported it. This pisses me off greatly. When it comes to npc bugs I would rather have overreaction, abundance of reports, ect ect rather than what I usually get, either no reports, people assuming I know of the bug, or a very vague report that I still have to figure out what is actually happening.
Only issue is with bug reports is that the bug catcher in pdex has never really been used or looked after (as far as I can tell). Some can't even be bothered to go in and report it, while others keep quiet to abuse it.
Honestly bug reports were better off being centralized on a hidden section for forums (no idea if that's possible with phpBB).

taifhamid1

Tecknician said:
I actually know of a major bug currently in game that benefits the players.
can you tell me what it's plz so i could use it and when i have enough of whatever the bug is i'll report it :p
plz don't ban me xD

Tecknician

Saric said:
Only issue is with bug reports is that the bug catcher in pdex has never really been used or looked after (as far as I can tell). Some can't even be bothered to go in and report it, while others keep quiet to abuse it.
Honestly bug reports were better off being centralized on a hidden section for forums (no idea if that's possible with phpBB).
I look at the bug catcher at least once a month myself. I know it's not often, but usually it takes me about that long to make room to work on some things anyways.

If that is the only reason people don't report bugs more often, then I'll just stop providing updates. If players can't make an effort then I can't either. I have always encouraged people to pm me on the forums about almost anything. Hey as far as I am concern they can PM me about their date last night. Doesn't mean I will respond but it is the best way to communicate IMO. Several players have PM me on the forums about bugs and when they do so I am usually more open and disclose more about the issue.