Check out what I found

crenel

Youngster
SZJLQ7ov

I found this in the deepest recesses of my email inbox. I figured it was quaint enough to share.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I think I still have my old email somewhere from when I joined PWO's very first Forum as well. My god, was that so long ago now...

Arenya

Website
www.dezeen.com
Naero found an archive of the PWO forums from around the start of 2009, that I was looking through last night. So many memories from then, it was very nostalgic and funny to see our younger selves posting lol.
(Hence I dragged up my old forum avatar)

Dragon1886

Arenya said:
Naero found an archive of the PWO forums from around the start of 2009, that I was looking through last night. So many memories from then, it was very nostalgic and funny to see our younger selves posting lol.
Hey if my not wrong then pwo forums errors are coming because forums are exceeding the given space limits of web host right?
And this is the reason i think by which pwo staff has to clear most of the old topics and posts.
:)

Naero

Dragon1886 said:
Arenya said:
Hey if my not wrong then pwo forums errors are coming because forums are exceeding the given space limits of web host right?
And this is the reason i think by which pwo staff has to clear most of the old topics and posts.
:)

The current PWO forums/server have no connections to the archived pages she is referring to. The library of the old archived pages are not stored in the current database; all of that material is handled by a 3rd-party storage, in a website named web.archive.org.

To explore the old forums archives she mentioned, here are various domain pages that have been archived:
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20091015 ... et/forums/
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20100601 ... yerdex.com

From the archived calender, you can click on various date versions of archived pages that the wayback's machine bot has been to crawl/recover. When clicking on the version, you can click on different forum sections/threads, but the content will only be viewable if the bot managed to recover/archive it - so unfortunately, not all content has been recovered. Also, content that required a login to access (such as profiles per se) has not been archived. From the header of these captured pages, you can also click on the previous/next dates to view older/more recent versions archived of it.

For players like me that lurked the forums in 2009/2010, I find many of this content nostalgic/memorable (albeit, I was mainly a lurker back then, so it's a rare sight to find any archived posts of my own. D;); and even content I can not recall first-hand is still interesting to delve in to and discover.

EDIT: I'd also like to share ancient archives of the website and playerdex as well.