BUG

Franc92

Youngster
Today the battle system very crazy and i'm so pissed about how it works with tons of misses, tons of criticals and many many many many many many more.
This is just an example of a bug that happened in game.
http://prntscr.com/3se2i6

Amps213

I believe sucker punch was fixed to work as intend only when the opposing pokemon attacks

nemo55

Yup, thats not a bug Franc. Sucker Punch is only triggered to work when your opponent is attacking you. If the opponent is using a status move, or unable to attack you, then sucker punch can't be triggered. You should have used rock slide. :p

Mortyh

Yeah Franc, It's exactly what they said. I was also surprised when my Spirit's sucker started to fail... Now the move is fixed and only works if the opponent Pokémon is going to use a dealing-damage move. Status moves and indirect damage will make s-punch fail. Now you can cry with me x-x

Franc92

Youngster
But the Sala got no loger freezed and it attacked me :'( Bad sala Bad kid :-[

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
On the handhelds if sucker punch is used when the opponent uses fly it will fail to cause damage... however fly in pwo doesn't work like on the handhelds as far as I know so I find it odd that sucker punch didn't do any damage. However you're also at fault on overly relying on a move that requires correct prediction to be effective

nemo55

NOTE: It has been rumored last night by a player that "Dig" move works properly! So I assume "Fly" may also be working as it should, hence the move missing?

But I personally did not test this out, so don't hold my word for it...