Breeding system

BruNo1989

I want to leave a suggestion that can be turned into a feature in a unknown future and it may improve the game in both sides of the coin.

It turns 2 pokémons that are listed in a breeding chart into a level 5 one through breeding feature.
Info. below:
01 - 1m as requirement to start the breeding.
02 - Roots must be at least lv 80.
03 - They need to be in the breeding chart mentioned earlier so they can start breeding.
04 - Parent will be vanished after the procedure.
05 - The result will be always a pokemon Lv5.
06 - The result can learn new moves by breeding.
07 - The game will chose what poke the result will be if diff pokes were chosen to breed, randomly.
08 - If both parents are non-shiny pokemon you will have a 1/8192 chance to the result be a shiny pokemon.
09 - If at least one parent is shiny the result will have 1/2048 shiny chance instead.
10 - If both are shinies it grants 100% shiny chance for the result to be shiny.
11 - If shiny, ivs will mime token store's ones.

Boora

Youngster
i have a problem with 11
for the simple reason that if i already have two 28-31 ivs shinys common since is i wont risk it for a 15iv shiny
but regardless its a nice idea, but i'm pretty sure you can't do that without a client update, i might be wrong tho.

BruNo1989

Boora said:
i have a problem with 11
for the simple reason that if i already have two 28-31 ivs shinys common since is i wont risk it for a 15iv shiny
but regardless its a nice idea, but i'm pretty sure you can't do that without a client update, i might be wrong tho.

I believe that does not need of client update for this system, would suffice with a simple npc with 6 selection options (select pokes). Most part would be script.
On item 11, it was a suggestion of a friend, but I'm just putting only to be analyzed.

Merse

Youngster
I won't repeat all the reasons why breeding will never ever be implemented in PWO. You may look for them on the forums if you wish :) I'll just answer my favorite:
vladslav said:
10 - If both are shinies it grants 100% shiny chance for the result to be shiny.
Awesome idea. So that means, if there are two shinys of the same species ingame, you can countlessly reproduce even the rarest shinys. S Dragonites for 100k here I come 8)

BruNo1989

Merse said:
I won't repeat all the reasons why breeding will never ever be implemented in PWO. You may look for them on the forums if you wish :) I'll just answer my favorite:
vladslav said:
Awesome idea. So that means, if there are two shinys of the same species ingame, you can countlessly reproduce even the rarest shinys. S Dragonites for 100k here I come 8)

I know that probably will not be implemented, it is just an idea too far '-'

vladslav said:

Tendou

Merse said:
vladslav said:

As far i can see, parents will be lost and the shiny chance was supposed to have token store's iv range.

Awesome idea afterall. I would like to see something like that in the new client.

psychosamm

Youngster
Merse said:
vladslav said:
You seemed to have missed the part where it says "The parents will disappear"

Overall it seems like a good breeding compromise for PWO, because normal breeding wouldn't work well for the market.

Maideza

I think breeding is a part of the book "Bad Ideas for MMOs 101"

Merse

Youngster
Even if the parents disappear it is a very bad idea. Everything what makes a valuable thing without effort from nothing is a bad idea. Let's say you catch 500 Pikachu. They are all mediocre so they worth nothing, but with breeding you'll end up with 5 like-shiny Pikas which you will send for far more than the costs of the breeding.
Maideza is absolutely right.

Boora

Youngster
Merse said:
Even if the parents disappear it is a very bad idea. Everything what makes a valuable thing without effort from nothing is a bad idea. Let's say you catch 500 Pikachu. They are all mediocre so they worth nothing, but with breeding you'll end up with 5 like-shiny Pikas which you will send for far more than the costs of the breeding.

there's no even if, you never read, that's your problem
and 500 pikas =250 tries = 250m for 5 like shiny pikas a "like shiny pika" is 10m max. atm. do the math,

Sgaile

Boora said:
Merse said:

and 500 pikas =250 tries = 250m for 5 like shiny pikas a "like shiny pika" is 10m max. atm. do the math,

exactly what i was thinking when i saw. if you only get 5 shiny pikas and i think will be lucky to get even that out of the 500 youd have to sell them for 50m a piece just to get the money bk from thye breeding

Merse

Youngster
Boora said:
Sure. Like shiny Pikas for 10m. Of course :) Please inform about the prices a bit more and don't jsut dismiss my opinion just because you have a personal grudge on me for some weird unknown reason...

Boora

Youngster
to the one above merse, he said like shiny as in shiny stats. and yes merse shiny stats pika isn't that much, considering its not a battle poke anymore
so yeah 10m is more then enough for an epic raichu , and i dont have anything against you, i just keep asking you to read to yourself your comments before posting.
500 pikachus will cost what ? 300-400k each. + the 250m it'll cost to breed , there. no need to explain, honestly just double check before posting to avoid looking like an idiot. no offense i wont be responding anymore cause i really do not want to start anything its just my two cents.

psychosamm

Youngster
Yeah i have to agree with Boora here, epic shiny stats pika isn't worth much, he's pretty much useless for anything besides low level battle, and if i'm completely honest 10m for one is a bit of a stretch. Regular Pikas average around 100k each. If you do the math its certainly not profitable, its only profitable if you get lucky within the first few tries. I don't really see much of a problem with this idea if the parents disappear.

The-Predator

Youngster
this is a great idea... my thoughts... I´d buy 2 S arcanines.. then breeding both of em (as long as they dont dissapear) then id get a S arcanine for sure (with not that good IVs but S rare finally).. ,then ill be selling each S arca for like 20m( aprox) then ill be rich as hell :D ... lets do the math= id be doing 20 S arcas for starting, id be spending 20m but in return my profit would be 20 S arcasx20m(each) =400m-20m =380m profit :D

PS-I totally agree with Maideza this is a horrible idea even if is not the way i got it

ScruffyHusky

KPyppo said:
this is a great idea... my thoughts... I´d buy 2 S arcanines.. then breeding both of em (as long as they dont dissapear) then id get a S arcanine for sure (with not that good IVs but S rare finally).. ,then ill be selling each S arca for like 20m( aprox) then ill be rich as hell :D ... lets do the math= id be doing 20 S arcas for starting, id be spending 20m but in return my profit would be 20 S arcasx20m(each) =400m-20m =380m profit :D

PS-I totally agree with Maideza this is a horrible idea even if is not the way i got it

I don't get why people refuse to read the original post lol.

vladslav said:

You won't get to keep the two S Arcanine's you used to breed.

The-Predator

Youngster
ScruffyHusky said:
KPyppo said:

vladslav said:

then now would be a not a good idea what would be the point on getting (ill use S arca again as an example) an S arca with IVs like S token store pokes if u gonna lose better pokes lol??

BruNo1989

KPyppo said:
ScruffyHusky said:
KPyppo said:

vladslav said:

then now would be a not a good idea what would be the point on getting (ill use S arca again as an example) an S arca with IVs like S token store pokes if u gonna lose better pokes lol??

The idea is to eliminate part of the pokemons and poke$ in excess of the trade and too add new attacks to some Pokemon through of breeding.

Saric

Youngster
Only thing I have an issue with here is pumping in overly expensive pokes into the market.
(bearing in mind that I only read the first post)

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Only form of breeding that should ever be implemented in pwo should be for baby pokemon only ie. igglies,smoochies etc. and nothing else.
Idea does sound good on paper but like was said many times it will ruin economy and the value of pokes.