Best Place to Train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleveland

Youngster
Hey guys, I was wondering, before I decide to do a quest or not, where the best place for training is? Just got my 16th badge today.

I assume the top 3 are Dragon's Den, Cerulean Cave, and Mt. Silver?

Would someone (who has access to all 3 places or just knows about all 3 places) rank the best 3 places to train high level pokemon, in order?

Thanks in advance.

Saric

Youngster
Cerulean cave is by far the best training place you can have access to.
I'd rank it cerulean cave, mt silver, and dragons den.
Although dragons den has higher levels than mt silver, it requires an extensive quest, and the pokes are base evolution stage there (versus pokes being evolved in mt silver)

skyrisnx5

is there any place you can train 45 plus pokemon withought getting 16 badges? i only have like 12

Saric

Youngster
skyrisnx5 said:
is there any place you can train 45 plus pokemon withought getting 16 badges? i only have like 12
Depends what region you started in. If you started in johto you can do dragons den. If not, your only real option is the bottom of digletts cave where there's level 30s

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Cerulean Cave is still better than Mt. Silver? It's the other way around. Most of the common encounters in CC are lower level than those in Mt Silver. So average common encounters in Mt Silver 5f give my level 67 grav 10k exp except for golbat which gives about 16k. In CC B1f it's an average of 7/8k with golbat giving 10/11k.

Some pokemon will be better off in Cerulean Cave due to the different wild pokemon, and CC is still good to level up in to a certain point but Mt Silver does give higher XP.

So I'd rate the areas in order of XP given:

Mt Silver 5f
Cerulean Cave B1f
Dragon's Den B1f

Pre 16 badges- requires surfboard:
Digletts Cave B3F
Mt Mortar Upper 1F

Pre 16 badges no surfboard(may not be in order):
Dragon's Den (requires only 7 badges if you start in Johto, 15 if you start in Kanot + a Quest)
Route 26/27
Route 21
Splitting River Reserve
Route 45

Saric

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
Cerulean Cave is still better than Mt. Silver? It's the other way around. Most of the common encounters in CC are lower level than those in Mt Silver. So average common encounters in Mt Silver 5f give my level 67 grav 10k exp except for golbat which gives about 16k. In CC B1f it's an average of 7/8k with golbat giving 10/11k.

Some pokemon will be better off in Cerulean Cave due to the different wild pokemon, and CC is still good to level up in to a certain point but Mt Silver does give higher XP.

So I'd rate the areas in order of XP given:

Mt Silver 5f
Cerulean Cave B1f
Dragon's Den B1f

Pre 16 badges- requires surfboard:
Digletts Cave B3F
Mt Mortar Upper 1F

Pre 16 badges no surfboard(may not be in order):
Dragon's Den (requires only 7 badges if you start in Johto, 15 if you start in Kanot + a Quest)
Route 26/27
Route 21
Splitting River Reserve
Route 45
Check the date hitmon. That post was made last year :p

Status
Not open for further replies.