Best place to train a level 5 pokemon?

PartyPirate

I have a level 5 Cubone, but he has NO attacks. :( I try to switch with a level 7 Sunkern but that's just bad. (I'm fighting level 7 pokemons and I die so easily). I can't use my level 20+ pokemons, should I just pass the game until I get to cerulean cave or is there any better method? :p Thank you!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I think you're trying to rush it. If level 7 pokemon are too high to switch to go for lower level pokemon. You only need to get to level 7 before he learns bone club so if you go back to the first areas in the game and switch with another level 5 pokemon it shouldn't take too long to gain those two levels.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Alternately, start the battle with your level 5 against a fairly weak foe. Then, send out a level 4 to kill said foe. Cubone should get most of the exp (unless my infor is outdated)

OGPokemaster

If you have access to cycle road then put the pokemon in the first slot then battle the cyclist, most have koffings/weezings that usually self-destruct themselves getting you lots of exp. if it does ko the pokemon you want to train just beat them and try with another cyclist i guarantee one will eventually ko itself