Battle Glitch?

Sylpharionz

Glitch.png

First scenario:
- Opponent switch out steelix
- A 'ghost' steelix appeared instead (no poke image)
- System msg said 'Steelix is unable to attack'
- Killed 'ghost' steelix, clefable came out next
- Killed clefable (all 6 pokes), and battle still ongoing

Glitch2.png

Second scenario:
- Switched out swampert to starmie
- Starmie came out on screen
- System msg said 'Swampert attacks with earthquake', when it's supposed to be starmie
- Opponent see swampert instead of starmie
- Also I believe it's the starmie's hp that decreases instead of swampert (might be wrong)

So the above proves that switching still glitches the battle.

The-Predator

Youngster
I have noticed 2 glitches while battling, the one you said about you seeing starmie but the opponent seeing other one instead, its mainly caused when you change the pokemon of slot in party when the opponent clicked on "accept" to battle almost at the same time.

Second glitch I have noticed, its, when you lose, you black out and you are sent to pokecenter, and pokemon are supposed to get full health, but sometimes the last pokemon that fainted, its HP isnt restored, when you go and send battle like that, the battle is going to glitch for sure, The HP wasn´t restored, so when you want to send that pokemon out to battle, it is going to say "your pokemon has fainted" because it doesnt have HP, but the system still is going to tell you, you need to send that pokemon out, because the system "thinks", it rlly restored the pokemon HP.

Sylpharionz

Bloody-Venom said:
I have noticed 2 glitches while battling, the one you said about you seeing starmie but the opponent seeing other one instead, its mainly caused when you change the pokemon of slot in party when the opponent clicked on "accept" to battle almost at the same time.

Second glitch I have noticed, its, when you lose, you black out and you are sent to pokecenter, and pokemon are supposed to get full health, but sometimes the last pokemon that fainted, its HP isnt restored, when you go and send battle like that, the battle is going to glitch for sure, The HP wasn´t restored, so when you want to send that pokemon out to battle, it is going to say "your pokemon has fainted" because it doesnt have HP, but the system still is going to tell you, you need to send that pokemon out, because the system "thinks", it rlly restored the pokemon HP.

If you noticed, the battle is already ongoing halfway (3 opponent pokes dead when the switch happened, even the logs on the left tell you what's going on), so no 'change slot and accept battle' glitch...

Also the second glitch didn't happen, because apparently a 'ghost' duplicate poke (steelix, which was being switched out) came out instead of the 6th slot one (which was clefable), so again no 'fainted pokemon' glitch...

These 2 are probably new glitches that I found.

The-Predator

Youngster
Sylpharionz said:
Bloody-Venom said:

If you noticed, the battle is already ongoing halfway (3 opponent pokes dead when the switch happened, even the logs on the left tell you what's going on), so no 'change slot and accept battle' glitch...

Also the second glitch didn't happen, because apparently a 'ghost' duplicate poke (steelix, which was being switched out) came out instead of the 6th slot one (which was clefable), so again no 'fainted pokemon' glitch...

hmm Yeah then those could be new glitches, would be helpful if you try to repeat your battle and take SS of the "ghost" steelix, I couldnt see the steelix glitch, and could be helpful for staff if you show them with more details how that glitch happened, cheers

Sylpharionz

Bloody-Venom said:
Sylpharionz said:
Bloody-Venom said:

hmm Yeah then those could be new glitches, would be helpful if you try to repeat your battle and take SS of the "ghost" steelix, I couldnt see the steelix glitch, and could be helpful for staff if you show them with more details how that glitch happened, cheers

Yea didn't manage to ss the 'ghost' because immediately after that the clefable came out (which I assume was supposed to be switched in correctly, if the 'ghost' didn't appear), the only clue to it was that there's no poke sprite (it's just empty) and the battle msg said 'Steelix is unable to attack', which sadly got flushed away to the next page of logs. Anyway it happened when Friko was around because we were specifically testing for switching in battle.

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Thanks for reporting this,
Will be looking into this sooner or later will list this thread as reference.

If you get more information about this problem or any other battle issues feel free to report it.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
What would be most useful here is not the glitch itself- which is already well known- but the details of what is still causing it, if there is a common theme here we can easily replicate in testing. So if it's pokemon fainting due to status effects, switching out when the other pokemon has fainted in the same turn, whatever the case may be along with any details that seem to be common to causing it.

Sylpharionz

HitmonFonty said:
What would be most useful here is not the glitch itself- which is already well known- but the details of what is still causing it, if there is a common theme here we can easily replicate in testing. So if it's pokemon fainting due to status effects, switching out when the other pokemon has fainted in the same turn, whatever the case may be along with any details that seem to be common to causing it.

Let me try to reproduce it today.

Lutalica

Scenario 2 happened for me on a wild encounter
VCKrIOf.png
Too lazy to post a new topic when this is here

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Lutalica said:
Scenario 2 happened for me on a wild encounter

Do you remember what you were doing immediately prior to the battle glitching? That's what we need to know at this point, not more examples of the glitch itself.

Lutalica

This was my first encounter when I walked out from the pokecenter (prior to the center I had a PvP battle).