Balance Pokemon

yuno44907

Game is flawless. We need more players. This is best pokemon game. Only rivals are chinese APKs like Monster Park. Pokemon Revolution online very buggy, most moves dont work, not like original games. PokeMMO doesnt know how to code, it is just a ROM hack they cant fix bugs they are stupid.

You need to gain money. You can gain money by selling EXP, dollar buffs; selling some items; cosmetics; selling bikes; selling train tickets or flys. Everything you sell must be tradeable with other players. You can sell daily tickets to pokemon farm maps but this maps must balanced. You will put 100 pokemons in map and all of them will be level 1 and some of them will be weak but rare pokemons. You can sell pokemon skins like shiny dye, different Charizard colors, this items will change visual of your pokemon.

Illegal people hiding their adress and server and moving server and changing games name, website and living in illegal countries that hate USA and europe. So going full illegal is posible. Also you may change game and say "thats not pokemon, we made a different game". And always avoid from police, dont go to court.

Pokemons we encounter must be between same level with highest level AND 3 levels lower than lowest level pokemon in party. High levels must not get lower EXP because leveling already getting harder by level. If leveling is too easy increase exp required as level up; so first levels will be easy but by time it will get very hard.

Weak pokemons mostly level up faster. Not evolved pokemons may get %50 exp boost also they learn moves early. You may balance pokemons by buffing weak and making all strongest pokemons lower than 567 base points https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Archeops_(Pok%C3%A9mon) https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_base_stats_(Generation_VII-present) Weaks mostly level up fast, strongs mostly level up slow and evolve later.

I want to change types, weaknessess because current pokemon is unbalanced and illogical. Ghosts defense have to be norm%50 fight%50 poison%50 ground%50 bug%100 rock%50 ghost%200 dark%200 steel%50 fairy%200. Ghost attack norm%50 psy%200 bug%50 ghost%200 electric%50 fire%50 fly%50. Ghots will be strong against fight, poison, ground, rock, steel, psyhic; Weak against bug, dark, fairy, electric, fire, fly. It is 6vs6 very balanced and realistic. I want to balance all pokemon types.

I wonder why this game isnt mainstream? Why it is death?

Paarthurnax~

Hi! Thanks for your suggestions. A few things -

1. Money is not currently an issue with PWO right now. In fact we have an excess! No staff are paid whatsoever - everything is entirely volunteer work. You can see a snippet of our donation logs here on the forums.

2. As of right now our legality status is in a gray area. Yes, we are still illegal, but as far as I am aware we are based in sweden, and due to some wacky copyright laws nintendo cant do much and it's not currently worth for them to force a lawsuit.

3. The leveling issue is actually the opposite - it's slightly hard in the beginning but once you gain access to the later areas (ex. cerulean cave) you can grind off levels fairly quick.

4. I don't believe that we need to mess around with the exp system again. As said in my previous point leveling is a pretty much non-issue.

5. Types will not be changed - they will always stay to reflect the main games, we will not be changing around any basic pokemon concepts here. As for fairy type implementation, this would be difficult. We would need to update all pokemon movesets to reflect gen 6 standards, as well as steel resistance changes. While yes, this is planned, but it could take a while to fully implement, and we really want to get down our gen 5 standards/mechanics down pat before we move on (maybe other staff can further clarify?)

6. This game isn't "mainstream" for a few reasons. 1, we don't really want to advertise ourselves as it would just give nintendo more incentive to come on with lawsuits and C&Ds (we already had one of these in the past, it wasn't fun). 2, our current population is okay for what we need right now. We used to get several hundred players on the server in the past, however due to some various dramas and of course more pokemon mmos our population has dropped.

yuno44907

Actually Chinese APS like Monster Park; really good at dodging from Nintendo. If you create your own Pokemon game, copyrights will not be problem. Nobody will be sure you are actually mimicing real pokemons. If you dont want to gain money, you must not steal Pokemons from evil companies.

And Pokemon failed after gen 3. Many junk pokemons like luvdisc, volbeat, furret added. You may say this pokemons level up fast but Hariyama is weak and leveling slowly. Pokemon isnt like manga. Pokemon games are not representing real pokemons. In real pokemon Kadabra is strong gainst electric because Psyhic type pokemons can control energy and Ghost is weak against fire because fire is energy and can hurt ghosts. Also Poison have to deal 2X to bugs like they deal to grass. Afterall dont you see difference between steel and ice? Steels strong against 10 types and weak against 3 and Ice is strong 4 weak against 5.

Lethan problem is %200+%50 doesnt make %200, it makes %250. So it must deal %150 damage for balancing. Pokemons need more resistances for being balanced.

And why dont you add your own Pokemons to game? Also legendaries not strong, Dragons stronger than nearly all legendaries and leveling a legendary is hardest. Adding all Pokemons to game and balancing them for PvP can be very good.

By the way strongest Pokemon is Gengar, Aerodactyl, Marshadow, Ambipom, Scolipede, Taurus because this Pokemons have high damage and speed and there is no way to counter them; they have no weakness they can learn all elements. Specially Gengar is known by everyone.

Isguros

Youngster
I applaud you for.. thinking outside of the box, but I think the main selling point of this game is that it tries to stay close to the original material like Paarthunax~ explained. For all the wacky laws that Sweden has, those in China are at least twice more wacky-er (for instance: Michael Jordan has some ongoing trouble over there cause a now multi-billion company trademarked everything related to the athlete to sell their knock-off merchandise for nearly two decades. And there are probably more examples like that than active players in our beloved game), and that's how those games over there can continue to milk money from people whom believe that they found the only place where they can get there daily Pokemo... monster fix.

yuno44907

I have an idea; lets try to make this game fancy so little children will like the graphics and sound effects. Game is boring thats the problem. We need speed up option; that will disable graphics, make game go instant mode, so no wait for text. We need more sound effects, visuals in battle screen. We may add offline Guild wars. In an imeginary map you take territories by defeating current owners team. Free users have to wait 25 minutes between battles. And as you win, you get money and with %50 rate pokeshard. By combining 3 pokeshards you can make a key. Also by defeating raid dungeons you get pokeboxes. Pokeboxes open with key and you get a random item or pokemon. And there will be a fancy pack opening animations and he will scream "rare, golden common".

In multiplayer raids we will fight against horrible pokemons and edited monster bosses. And they may drop itemshards, that give random items when 10 of them combined. You will be able to sell pokemons to NPCs, they will paya money based on EVs and catch rate. You can also sell items you dont need. In raid you will attack to pokemons with another trainer; if you dont want to wait you can go alone. but you have to wait 20 seconds if there is other players in raid. You and player will attack to pokemon same time, same turn; speed will effect and boss pokemon will attack both of you separately. In raids and offline pvp you gain %50 exp and you dont get money.

People want alive pokemons, pokemons must have animations like they are really talking with us.

Also add Legendary Krabby and Legendary Ryhorn to game. Legendary Krabby have higher base stats. Legendary Ryhorn is pink like in anime and doesnt evolve and have very high base stats.

Also we may add Acid Type pokemons. Acid is like poison but it melts steel and it is different. Acid weak against water, sand, stone. Light type pokemons. Glass type pokemons. Slime Pokemons.

Klay

Youngster
Can I ask you if you read what Paart and Guru said?

yuno44907

Yes, afterall doing something takes time. But why dont we try to make best video game ever made; something better than Pokemon. You can get billions by doing that. You will be rich. Did you play MonsterMMOrpg? A single guy made it; actually this moves better than pokemon moves.

Paarthurnax~

yuno44907 said:
Yes, afterall doing something takes time. But why dont we try to make best video game ever made; something better than Pokemon. You can get billions by doing that. You will be rich. Did you play MonsterMMOrpg? A single guy made it; actually this moves better than pokemon moves.

I dont think you understand, no staff in any way makes any profit off of this game. Nobody is being paid, no profit is being made. It is all volunteer work.

Further, you also need to understand that we are keeping as close to the main games as possible, this means no custom stuff (bar maps, quests, etc).

We are also trying to keep PWO as little as Pay to win as possible, so this means things like no lootchests (most likely).

Further, we don't need or want to be making or worth billions. It is not needed. PWO is a small labor of love by our staff and developers, we don't need to be a big name thing (nor would it be wise to, take a look at the last few previously made fan games that were shut down when they got huge).

Lastly, it does not matter what you consider to be "real pokemon". PWO is based off of the main core series of games, we will only be implementing mechanics, types, etc from these core series of games. This means no custom type advantages/disadvantages/types/moves etc etc. I am saying this now, it will not happen.

yuno44907

There is no quest for Slowpoke well. I bet it is not completed because a girl asking about Slowpoke. Slowbro could give you a 13 level Slowpoke after you speak with all pokemons in well. And girl might give us something for showing a Slowpoke. Rare pokemons are too rare you must use 1/32 ratio system. So hardest pokemon will be %3. I will say pokemon capturing hard, you will say its same with original. I liked fishing. But fishing level must effect what pokemons you can fish. And some pokemons may require +1 +2 higher levels. Also i feel like fishing level only affect when it is 5 so level 9 and level 5 fishing same and 10 14 level fishing are same too. Thats not good. So fishing system made rushly, it didnt made carefuly. There is no Ferrathorn in game; you said we adding right now.

You also gaining money from this game. 1 dollar gives 1000 tokens and 7500 tokens give you nice pokemons. Wiki say only way to get Metagross is buying with real money. Also you could add hundreds of starter at start of game. Even Dratini is balanced because Dratini doesnt evolve and levels very slow and weak against normal type because no good damage dealing and no resistance against normal. There is nearly 100 pokemons can be used as starter. You say players will trade, well in all games they can do that and all online games deal with newbie hackers and cheaters. You must find a way to prevent starter trade. By the way players cant trade until level 10 was a good idea. You may ıncrease level to 45 somewhere where players start leaving game. And you must tell why trading forbidden you must say, people have starter pokemons to their alternative accounts. Even Ekans, Koffing, Geodude can be good starters but starter pokemons must not be obtainable before first GYM than why would someone choose a common Pokemon as Starter. In other Poke MMOs starters get created before you pick them so you can choose which is weak, which is strong; you can look inside Pokeball without confirming.

I am selling a very nice Yanma for 88k in playerdex.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator

yuno44907 said:
There is no quest for Slowpoke well. I bet it is not completed because a girl asking about Slowpoke. Slowbro could give you a 13 level Slowpoke after you speak with all pokemons in well. And girl might give us something for showing a Slowpoke. Rare pokemons are too rare you must use 1/32 ratio system. So hardest pokemon will be %3. I will say pokemon capturing hard, you will say its same with original. I liked fishing. But fishing level must effect what pokemons you can fish. And some pokemons may require +1 +2 higher levels. Also i feel like fishing level only affect when it is 5 so level 9 and level 5 fishing same and 10 14 level fishing are same too. Thats not good. So fishing system made rushly, it didnt made carefuly. There is no Ferrathorn in game; you said we adding right now.

You also gaining money from this game. 1 dollar gives 1000 tokens and 7500 tokens give you nice pokemons. Wiki say only way to get Metagross is buying with real money. Also you could add hundreds of starter at start of game. Even Dratini is balanced because Dratini doesnt evolve and levels very slow and weak against normal type because no good damage dealing and no resistance against normal. There is nearly 100 pokemons can be used as starter. You say players will trade, well in all games they can do that and all online games deal with newbie hackers and cheaters. You must find a way to prevent starter trade. By the way players cant trade until level 10 was a good idea. You may ıncrease level to 45 somewhere where players start leaving game. And you must tell why trading forbidden you must say, people have starter pokemons to their alternative accounts. Even Ekans, Koffing, Geodude can be good starters but starter pokemons must not be obtainable before first GYM than why would someone choose a common Pokemon as Starter. In other Poke MMOs starters get created before you pick them so you can choose which is weak, which is strong; you can look inside Pokeball without confirming.

I am selling a very nice Yanma for 88k in playerdex.

I have deleted the last paragraph of your last response. Please note if I see anything like that written on these forums again by you I will be removing your right to make posts. It was completely off topic and very unacceptable. Stick to the topic or it is being locked.

yuno44907

I decided to leave this game because in Wiki it says nearly all pokemon can only be obtained by paying money.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
you can leave as you like but you need to know that all token store pokemons can be in events

yuno44907

What are events; do we kill npcs and get rewards? How hard is events, what level i need to be? In another MMO they made an event and it was imposible. You fight against 40 pokemons, you have to use potions and they are steel dragon pokemons also some enemies used self destruct. Is there any event right now? Do they repeat old events instead of wasting their time by coding?

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
yuno44907 said:
I decided to leave this game because in Wiki it says nearly all pokemon can only be obtained by paying money.

Good bye then o/ best of luck

hejazia

yuno44907 said:
What are events; do we kill npcs and get rewards? How hard is events, what level i need to be? In another MMO they made an event and it was imposible. You fight against 40 pokemons, you have to use potions and they are steel dragon pokemons also some enemies used self destruct. Is there any event right now? Do they repeat old events instead of wasting their time by coding?

Events are not hard in PWO, just go to a special map, do an easy quest for voucher items (which can be used to obtain exclusive Pokemon) and hunt on the event map for rare and normally unobtainable Pokemon.  It's easy enough for relatively new players to be able to participate.

There is a small event going on this week, it ends on Sunday.