Back after 7 years

LeMirci1911

Hey guys,

I wanted to post my greetings here too since I usually like to be active on forums and whatnot.
As the title states, I can say that I returned to PWO, although 7 years is a long time(I was one of the first 100 people to register an account if i remember corectly), but since probably most to none of the original players are not here anymore, i'd like to introduce myself(if by some means any of the original players are still around, maybe some of you remember me by my username, robtmircea).
My name is Mircea, I am from Romania, I'm 22 years old and i registered here for the same reason I registered when i was 14...to make friends and to become a pokemon master ;D . So I look forward to meeting all of you, and to make friends of course :)

I can see that the game evolved a lot since I left and I have to give my props to the team for making such a good job!

Anyway, i'll end this with some eye candy from the old PWO times:

Me being nurse Joy(also, believe it or not, that line up that i had if i can recall was one of the top 10 at the moment)
funny.png

Being stuck isn't funny.
blocat.png

Random moments.
allstar.png

The old playerdex.
1.png

Some old trainer card that isn't mine.
_trainer_0000-0000-3713.jpg

I caught a shiny spearrow! ^-^
Shinyspearow.jpg

Sooo... what's up?

DomT.

Youngster
WOW I didnt Even Knew that game was so cool about 7 Years ago,Welcome Back Bro!There are Plenty of New Changes in the game and more to come soon,If u need Any of the Help Just Drop me a pm or Ask at Help Channel,I m Always There ;)

Animagus

Welcome back Mirci! Thank you for sharing those screenshots with us. Gives all the players an idea of how far we have come and what is possible with time.
I hope you find the game and its changes pleasing (we also have a much much better server). Let me know if you need any help.
Enjoy!

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
robtmircea? I DO recognise that name! But why should I be surprised - Ghosts never forget, kekeh...
Has it really been 7 years? How time flies... and how PWO evolves! Thanks for sharing some of your old screenshots; and I hope you will enjoy what the game has become today.

LeMirci1911

Thanks guys :D I will ask if i encounter any issues of course :)
I actually had a tentative to sign up for an account like 2-3 years ago but it was closed registration or something so I quit the idea.
You're Welcome for the pics, i'm gonna search for more, if I can find other pics I will post them aswell

Jinji said:
robtmircea? I DO recognise that name! But why should I be surprised - Ghosts never forget, kekeh...
Has it really been 7 years? How time flies... and how PWO evolves! Thanks for sharing some of your old screenshots; and I hope you will enjoy what the game has become today.

Dude....are you by any means JJ, as in your old nickname? Because I think you changed your name right around the time I left (I have elephant memory if I am right :D )...I can't believe you are around after all this time...you're still in charge of stuff around here?
Are any other originals around, and is Kyro still in charge? I can remember some names like mangoz,chevy_blue,flame,daedrin...and I think i can think about more but that's what I remember for now. It was awesome, we were like a family , watching the game evolve under our noses, and look where it is now!

Yes, it's been a long time man...7 and a half years since i first joined( Jan 08 maybe?) and 7 years since I left...I changed 2 cities, dropped out of university(lol), worked as a Game Tester and completely turned my life upside down at least 3 times since then. How you've been?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
LeMirci1911 said:
Dude....are you by any means JJ, as in your old nickname? Because I think you changed your name right around the time I left (I have elephant memory if I am right :D )...I can't believe you are around after all this time...you're still in charge of stuff around here?
Are any other originals around, and is Kyro still in charge? I can remember some names like mangoz,chevy_blue,flame,daedrin...and I think i can think about more but that's what I remember for now. It was awesome, we were like a family , watching the game evolve under our noses, and look where it is now!

Yes, it's been a long time man...7 and a half years since i first joined( Jan 08 maybe?) and 7 years since I left...I changed 2 cities, dropped out of university(lol), worked as a Game Tester and completely turned my life upside down at least 3 times since then. How you've been?
Kekeh! I haven't called myself "JJ" in several years! Yup, you remember correctly. I was the Admin known as JJ in my earlier years before I changed it for personal and technical reasons (PWO's systems have long prevented names shorter than four characters); at the same time revealing myself to be a Gengar. It's quite shocking to be reintroduced to a person who actually remembers that event :) I'm still an Admin, regularly working on content for the game and keeping the Forum in check; as well as being social with the community, which is something I have always been passionate about.

Kyro quit PWO in 2008 or so, to move on to other projects. Officially, PWO today is owned by Xanatus, who is another long-term member of PWO and who converted its server from the original Visual Studio code to the current C++ code and also invented the scripting language for NPCs that has served us for over half a decade (with regular improvements from our current DEV Team). In truth, PWO is seen as a joint effort, with every member of the Staff Team playing a part and sharing ownership.

Man, it sounds like you've had a busy life in seven years! As for myself, besides PWO I have two main claims to fame - the technology blog Technically Motivated.com which I've ran now for roughly six years; and becoming a volunteer and the main technology head for WPS Interactive and its online radio station, Sanitarium.FM :)