Avoiding Battle NPCs

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
This might bring pain to people who love dodging NPCs, including me.
The battle NPCs who do not have a dialogue before the battle begins, can be avoided by using the /ref command in between the time when the Battle sign pops up and the beginning of the battle.
The staff might wanna fix it.
[As Fonty stated, Do NOT attempt to do this. Your game can explode.]
kthnxbai
Edit SideSuggestion: It would be cool if you could add a "Info" option when one right click on a player.

Dragon16

Youngster
future_sight said:
Edit SideSuggestion: It would be cool if you could add a "Info" option when one right click on a player.

one suggestion would be to replace the Party choice and rel=place it with Info

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Dragon16 said:
one suggestion would be to replace the Party choice and replace it with Info
I was going to add that, but i wanted to see if the Party system could just be fixed instead.

So, does anyone know how it was supposed to function? And can it be fixed?

Orean

Website
twitter.com
future_sight said:
This might bring pain to people who love dodging NPCs, including me.
The battle NPCs who do not have a dialogue before the battle begins, can be avoided by using the /ref command in between the time when the Battle sign pops up and the beginning of the battle.
The staff might wanna fix it.

Thank you for the report; we hope to have the cut-off glitch resolved, as well as filling in the missing dialogue for those NPCs as the specific NPCs are compiled to our knowledge.

While yes, this fix may come at the expense of a convenience for users who like to skirt around NPC battles, other suggestions can be made that allow you to forgo NPC battles under some conditions. It was a game-design intention to require users to battle NPCs—they serve as PVE hurdles when players progress through their regions. However, for NPCs that you've already challenged, it may not be a stretch to allow one to forgo them if it's desired enough—NPCs that you've already defeated could be avoided in some fashion, for example.

future_sight said:
Dragon16 said:
one suggestion would be to replace the Party choice and replace it with Info
I was going to add that, but i wanted to see if the Party system could just be fixed instead.

So, does anyone know how it was supposed to function? And can it be fixed?

No concept has ever really been solidified among the staff for a party feature; the option was simply added as a right-click option, under the foresight that the "party" command may be plugged in at some point once some concept has been devised for it. Some ideas have been tossed around that included group-shared perks (shared experience, etc.), but I would like to consider the function completely open-ended for discussion at this time. :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
In regards to using the /ref command to avoid battles, please do not do this. While we can accept that it would be best to not slow players down while traveling past 'inconveniently placed' battle NPCs we don't know what effect on the game especially many players- now that this post has advertised the fact- could cause. The game is in the process of performing an action and this is being interrupted by another action which was not intended. This is PWO, so best to just battle the NPCs normally and not tempt fate by asking it to do something that could confuse it in any way. :)