Avatar Customization and Using Pokemon Abilities out Battle

JulioCZ

My idea is basically that we can customiz our Avatar in gme (Cloth, Hair, Pokeballs we use, maybe more vehicles like cars or motorcycles, Face) that would give diversity to game.. My other idea is to use Pokemon abilities out of Battle (Use Blastoise as a boat, Fly on Charizard, Ride on Venusaur, Teleport to a PokeCenter with Alakazam, Descover secret mini caves using Golem to dig into a rock).. I dont know is just my suggestions, I think this would give a very cool enviorment to the game.. :)

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Re: Avatar Customization and Using Pokemon Abilities out Bat

JulioCZ said:
My idea is basically that we can customiz our Avatar in gme (Cloth, Hair, Pokeballs we use, maybe more vehicles like cars or motorcycles, Face) that would give diversity to game..

This has been suggested, discussed and approved before as an official plan for the future. This will require a new client before it's implementable, however; it's needed to add more dimensions of sprite/avatar customization.

My other idea is to use Pokemon abilities out of Battle (Use Blastoise as a boat, Fly on Charizard, Ride on Venusaur, Teleport to a PokeCenter with Alakazam, Descover secret mini caves using Golem to dig into a rock).. I dont know is just my suggestions, I think this would give a very cool enviorment to the game.. :)

It technically already is possible to traverse water—a surfboard, at the price of 75k, allows you to traverse through water, as you would have with your Surf-equipped Pokemon in the handheld games. Other means of transportation, with much emphasis on the main transportational structure (the ferry/train systems), are a point of discussion, but I don't believe it is possible for Pokemon to use HMs outside of battle, given the current client—I presume that client-side changes would need to be made in order to identify Pokemon as being capable of navigating through the environment, by HM-related means.

Moreover, regarding HM-equipped Pokemon, is there anything different you would expect—if you reached the point of the game in which you obtained and used a surfboard—from using a Pokemon to surf instead of the Wind Surfboard, aside from the requisite of carrying an HM-slave Pokemon that knows Surf?