Autowalk

dsn1

I have been playing this game for a while now and walking around while hunting is really pain in this game.Some MMOs have embedded-autowalk option.It could be very nice to have even some crude version of this(like avatar keeps walking on direct path and players have to do navigate it around obstacles by changing its direction).It can be pay-to-unlock like bicycle or just free for all.Maybe even event voucher exchange

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Part of the reason we had to disable Joystick support by default in the client was because certain USB devices were causing things like this to happen - players moving constantly in the same direction. It was very annoying for those affected.

I'm not sure I can really see a case for an option to have a player move automatically - one can simply hold the arrow key anyway to keep moving in the same direction. However, I could see a case for "pathfinding" - where a player selects an area they want to go and the character attempts to walk the most direct route to the specified location. This would not be possible with the current client, however.

dsn1

I guessed pathfinder could be too much trouble for this game since it is fan supported.That is the reason I suggested direct walking as crude version.
I dont know other players but keeping the arrow key down feels like puts more pressure to my fingers and wrist than pushing a button for split second to change direction(especially hunting in large places such as cinnabar cave entrance)
Then I am bit lazy when it comes to computer games so maybe I am the only one feels like hunting with a keyboard is a drag

GawertyXL

Buy a mouse with keybinds and enough keys that you don't have to use your keyboard. It works extremely well if your lazy.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Just be aware if you take this into your own hands that automating the game so you don't have to be there at all is strictly against our rules. Therefore adding a program or hardware that do that to PWO without checking it with us first is strictly against our rules and can lead to the account being banned. Nor would it be the first time a player has been banned for using their gaming mouse to automate their game.

mad30

Youngster
Actually I think between jinjis and dens interaction that this would be really nice and possibly simple. Press the left arrow key and you will walk that direction until you either click to go a different direction or are unable to take another step(running into a fence).

The feature is really popular among games made for mobile devices.

HeavyPetter

What's up with the censorship? xD

If key bindings with <removed> aren''t allowed, then say so instead of deleting any post mentioning them.

Donar

I was of the impression that I did send you an PM regarding it, seems I forgot. But yes, don't mention that program, using it is against our rules.

HeavyPetter

Oh, all right then. I'm not gonna argue with the rules, but I do find it a bit strange that it's not allowed to even talk about the forbidden stuff. I mean, everyone with half a brain aught to be aware that it's very easy to script keyboard and mouse inputs. And the forbidden program turns up after about 20 seconds of google research on that subject :p

HeavyPetter

Jinji said:
You've just explained exactly WHY such discussion is banned.

Really? I was rather trying to point out that anyone who wants to cheat will have absolutely no problem finding information on how to do so. As such, a discussion here about tools that are available will not have any effect on the endless possibilities people have to use those tools. If anything, keeping the information secret makes it easier for the players who have looked it up, and decided to use it, to do so secretly. Knowing how botting works makes it easier for the community to recognize and report it? If we assume that any information which gives people the opportunity to cheat also actually makes them cheat, then we are not expressing very much trust in the people who play this game, right?

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
He would say that God had given him a tail to keep the flies off, but that he would sooner have had no tail and no flies.
- Benamin the Donkey; George Orwell's "Animal Farm"​