Are there any moderators left in this game?

joevw007

So Ive been back for a week or so now, and Ive posted in trade to sell Pokemon for reasonable offers, most of which were met. During this time I have been harassed multiple times by groups of players who think if they belittle the seller, they can control the price of the sale. This is incredibly frustrating, and even if you do ignore the player, all the potential buyers see and it makes sales much harder. I never see moderators on, I have yet to see someone try and control the situation, these people (most seem to be young teens) are left to run the trade channel with their rude comments and snarky remarks about pricing, which most know nothing about.

Are there any moderators besides Fonty? Are they ever on anymore? Is PWO thinking about making more moderators? I am saddened to see how out of control the public chats can get at times, and it infuriates when I find myself being attacked by whole guilds of people just trying to control the market.

I started playing this game in 2011, and I remember when there was always a Mod or Admin on watching chat, making sure the peace was kept. I hope now that the volume of players is increasing again, the staff will consider making a few more moderators to keep general control of the in game chat dynamics.

This isn't meant to be a harsh criticism of PWO, I know the staff try their best to make this game great, and they do an amazing job. Some of the responsibilities of staff have been neglected due to there being much larger fish to fry, but maybe its time to make a few players into moderators to hand off some of the menial responsibilities of the game that make a huge impact on new players perception of the community.

I hope this post doesn't receive hate, I just want to see this game grow back into the community it had a few years back, and I don't want to see quality people driven off by the loud mouth shills of the game. Thanks for reading.

Krysi

Local Scapegoat
Website
anilist.co
I can't really say anything about the situation on staff, but I do know a lot of them are asleep or go to sleep around this time. Perhaps try not to sell at these hours until the problem is resolved? That's all I can suggest for now. >.<

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Even if there were lots of moderators that might not solve this issue. We have other tasks than just watching the chat and everyone has different and varying hours. 

We rely on player reports especially for chat issues. If someone is repeatedly harassing you take screenshots and report it on Community Watch on the Playerdex and action will be taken.

emperorKing

i missed this game so much .. can i still play it ?? but i get banned dont know why . it happens on me ..
I hope i can login after i post this :( really miss this game :(

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
emperorKing said:
i missed this game so much .. can i still play it ?? but i get banned dont know why . it happens on me ..
I hope i can login after i post this :( really miss this game :(

If you're banned and haven't yet appealed log into the Playerdex and make an appeal on Community Watch.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Is PWO thinking about making more moderators?

Yes (in regards to GMs, not to filling the old MOD role). This is actually a priority of mine and have I been trying to get something done for months now, but my life keeps getting in my way. Gave others the go-ahead to spearhead this yesterday mostly without me.

[MOD] as a constant "mom" of the chat had negative effects on community behavior as well as creating odd expectations on the rank, which is why the old "mods always on" structure was scrapped and replaced with the [CG] structure. For lack of better terms, going less "bloodthirsty" with our banhammers/hardline rule-enforcement tools has created a better community; it creates less anger, gives a sense of more freedom (even with boundaries still well defined), and problems of staff and players over hairsplitting/nitpicky cases that are ultimately petty but create a negative atmosphere have gone waaaay down.

mad30

Youngster
im glad there are no chat mods in the game anymore. if you think its bad now, you should have been around when there was, and everyone was a mini mod trying to become a moderator. chat was in total chaos then and resentment among players was extremely high. at least now the community appears to get along with each other and there is no major divide

joevw007

Thanks for the introduction of new CGs, I am happy to see some new staff to help the new players get established in the game.

GawertyXL

Resentment will always harbor among the few who linger in the ancient ties of the past, PWO for lack of a better word has had to pick itself up and move forward; as it has had to do so many times in the past and as I am sure it will have to do in the future if the past is any indicator, the situations with staff will hopefully improve for the better in the future; however the best anyone can do at the present time is to continue to be a good player-base (For the majority that do, that is.) and assist any chicks who are hatching from their eggs and learning how to fly in this ancient community.