AN OBSERVATION OF THE TRAINERS IN PWO

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Reginald..as i said yesterday while battling you, You have the kind of pokes that dissapeared form PWO. At your time people did use the pokes that they liked, and knew their own power. Now, people have decided some battlers out of many pokes, and made up a team with usually tauros/slaking, dragonite, chari, ferali, venusaur, Metagross. Sometimes replacing things with an electrc/water/ice or rock type which are just a few selected ones too.
And now it just matters about who has better stats, and who doesn't have one of these pokes...Eh, everything else is mentioned :eek:
And skar does need those four slashes :eek: i used to have it earlier

Red, by dissapeared i meant they have being stopped using by people in teams. They all abv are obtainable :eek: Well, arca is sometimes used in battles by people in place of chari. Absol seen no more. I know just two people who use Garde, Chinchou can be seen sometimes..Skarmory, i haev never seen any1 using it excpet me X(. In all, i agree with what u guys said, pple do need to use various pokes, we can now just gues how we are gonna die or win cuz of those default pokes being used nowadays.

PkmnMasterRed

Reginald's team are not composed of pokemon that disappeared from the game. I battled him.
His Gardevior is a Ralts that was NEVER catch-able ingame to begin with. You Always have to buy Ralts from the Token store.
For the most part you always had to buy Bagon from the Token Store as well. Except now I believe you can catch one in Dragons Den.
They havent removed Growlithe from the game last I checked.
They havent removed Skarmory last I checked.
They havent removed Chinchou last I checked.
And you could never catch Absol in game. Token store, where it still is.

In fact now that I think about it, they havent taken any pokemon out of the game more than they found ways of putting them in. There are a good number of pokes that can be caught to make a good team. I'm not stating this to tell people go catch different pokes. I'm stating it in response to your post.

As for everyone else, dont get defensive and touchy when reading this post. It is a simple observation I am making about how much the game has changed from what I remember. No need to go into why you use the generic team and how people shouldnt tell anyone else what to do and stuff like that because none of that was said. It is just an observation.

P.S I use Red's team because when I had my actual team some of my pokemon vanished during one of the hackings of the game by one of those staff guys doing it for kicks before getting permanently banned. I wasnt smart enough to know how to prove what pokes I had before the incedent so I just collected parts of Red's team I had already, got the rest and just continued from there to keep my mind off of the loss. But when I feel like it I will recollect my original team whenever I get to it.

PkmnTrainerReginald

Website
www.shop.platinum-age-designs.com
Thanks for spilling the beans on my team Red. >8-( Seriously I liked it better when you only spoke in dots. And I will keep saying that no matter how much it upsets you.

Anyway guys I think some of you are taking this too seriously and getting defensive about an observation. It sounds like some of you are creating excuses. Just chill out. It is an opinion from someone who is apparently a veteran of PWO in some way. And if he sees a change in how trainers are then he sees a change. Dont get upset because you may fall into the category.

I personally dont care what he thinks because my team is uncommon and fun to use. Though yes they arent unobtainable, people dont think to use the combo I do. Maybe because the stats arent so great to battle those ubers but so what. It's just a game. I have fun. Except when there is nothing to do and I have no membership so grinding at lvl 99 is harder! D-8! But for the most part it is fun. But I have a right to say I'm bored of battling generic trainers. Dont get mad because you fall into that category. Just do what you like anyways. If you have to use ubers to win then do that. Who cares? Am I right? Hahahahha

Any guys just have fun and try not to get so uppity everytime someone shares an opinion especially since he never mentioned to go catch different teams and train them. But if after reading this you feel that maybe you should then (shrugs) that is on you. lololol

Now Come on Gallade!

(Doesnt exist in PWO)

-_-....... fine... lets go Absol. >__>...

maadoo

i totally agree with you guyzz and i also get bored of seeing the same teams over and over again but the matter at hand is with the current broken battle system , and with no EVs which allows you for example to work on the weak points of your favourite pokemon , no abilities which can really add a whole new strategic view to the game , and with only some pokes that have their moves updated/ no tms and hms implementation and so many broken moves( like sandstorm.raindance) then we will continue to see those pokes over and over again. if you look at online wifi battles you ll realize that almost no team is similar to the other .

Saric

Youngster
One bit of your post is a little outdated.
No one uses gyarados anymore. There's too many jolteons about.

Algiers

Even in the handhelds, certain Pokemon combinations were better, and pokes like Rattata are, were and will be inferior to pokes like Dragonite, always. This is how competitive PVP works in every game; if you want to use your favorite Pokemon, find some friends who aren't into competitive PVPing and fight them.

(And yes, I do have a level ~73 Raticate who I always keep in my team just because he was the first Pokemon I caught. I imagine that my character and Raticate got really close to each other, just like Ash and Pikachu, so except for some special circumstances I always have him tag along. Even used him during the last gym battle against the dragons. Some other Pokemons, like Charizard and Marowak, also get similar treatment from me. This is just roleplay for fun, though; if I ever wanted to enter a competitive PVP tournament I'd still have my most competitive team fight.)

PkmnMasterRed

No I'm not going to only search for trainers who arent into competitive battling, I wont do anything. I was making an observation like I said. I didnt say Change this or please change this or people need to use different pokemon. I was explaining what I see...

I know how competitive Pvp works in every game seeing as how I play them.

Once again observation.

GawertyXL

alright Reginald and Red, im back from school and ready to tell you my all time favorites and what i use, wish i could use, here we go!
My Team:
Salamence
Dragonite
Exxegutor
Steelix
Magcargo
and Kingler (got this from a friend in my guild)
its not the best team but its not the worst team, i can usually get 5 pokes down if not beat there whole entire team
now if i get more money to buy tokens im definitely making a new account just for these pokemon on a team cause i love them x.x
Beldum
Zangoose
Seviper
Ralts (yeah regi i <3 ralts just about as much as you <3 gallade, except im going for gardevoir later on)
Umbreon
Espeon Umbreon and espeon because of 2 reasons
1: i played collesuem version on the gamcube and i have loved the pokes ever since gold and crystal version
2: Theyre ADORABLE!
ralts through gardevoir: i was a wee lad and it was christmas morning i went under the tree and i had my red gameboy sp, and pokemon ruby edition and i played through it up until the point you meet wally, he encounters ralts and im like OMG, OMG, its so adorable! then i caught one and raised it up to a mighty strong gardevoir and to this day i still use it as its on my black version :p
beldum: the next year i bought pokemon emerald and was really dissatisfied with it cause it was overall the same game, but then i went to stevens house and i went to the pball and there was a beldum i have loved it ever since lol
Zangoose and seviper: they are like rivals completely opposite yet fight for the same cause united they are unstoppable and the best duo
any comments about this people?
regi and red once i get this team i will challenge you all :p

Glaceon01

Banned
I'm glad I found a real trainer out there...this was brought about to my attention by gawerty..the post I mean it's starting to get lame..well, simply change it yourselves form your unique team made to beat those pokemon then maybe people will stop using them all the time.

~show em' how it's done.

G

PkmnMasterRed said:
It seems the days no longer exist where people use their actual favorite pokemon to battle. Everyone uses the exact same pokemon and PVP has become a generic experience.

Trainers use the same teams.
Metagross, Slaking and Dragonite are often the top 3 in everyones parties these days. I am sure this is not because these are their favorites, but because people want to win. Which there is nothing wrong with that, but I remember a time in PWO where trainers used their actual favorite pokemon and trained them hard to battle any team and if they lost they adjusted their strategy and went at it again.

There is nothing like winning a battle with your favorites as oppose to winning with a generic Uber team just to stack on wins.

PkmnTrainerReginald said:
Numontia said:
To Red,
Well,.. anyway, you do have ability to decide what pokemon you want to train...
Do not to be static. (If you want to be static, as you wish, But please, do not ask people to change their pokemon like saying: " hey, you must use this pokemon, you must use that pokemon, so on, so on)

That's his/her own choices. like me, People says Nidoking is better. Nidoking is more powerful, but I do prefer Nidoqueen and even use her in my pokemon team.

Same with you, red. You choose exactly Red's Team.
So do I, I choose my Pokemon as well...

Can you please explain where in anything that was said anyone asked people to change their teams?

To Reginald,
The sentence I'm bolded in Red's post... It is just like saying: "If you want to win, you have to use Metagross, Slaking and Dragonite in your team"

CMIIW

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I don't know, I battle with a unique team, although I rarely ever win with it.

Xatu
Golduck (needs to be trained)
Skarm
Altaria (needs to be trained)
Noctowl
Pory2/Dodo/wheover I feel like putting here.

Bird team ftw!
But no, it's because the battle system is broken and favors other pokemon. It'll get fixed eventually. Until then, I'll go around surprising everyone with how viable Noctowl is (well, if he can get a lasting hypnosis in.)

PkmnMasterRed

Numontia said:
PkmnMasterRed said:
It seems the days no longer exist where people use their actual favorite pokemon to battle. Everyone uses the exact same pokemon and PVP has become a generic experience.

Trainers use the same teams.
Metagross, Slaking and Dragonite are often the top 3 in everyones parties these days. I am sure this is not because these are their favorites, but because people want to win. Which there is nothing wrong with that, but I remember a time in PWO where trainers used their actual favorite pokemon and trained them hard to battle any team and if they lost they adjusted their strategy and went at it again.

There is nothing like winning a battle with your favorites as oppose to winning with a generic Uber team just to stack on wins.

PkmnTrainerReginald said:
Numontia said:
To Red,
Well,.. anyway, you do have ability to decide what pokemon you want to train...
Do not to be static. (If you want to be static, as you wish, But please, do not ask people to change their pokemon like saying: " hey, you must use this pokemon, you must use that pokemon, so on, so on)

That's his/her own choices. like me, People says Nidoking is better. Nidoking is more powerful, but I do prefer Nidoqueen and even use her in my pokemon team.

Same with you, red. You choose exactly Red's Team.
So do I, I choose my Pokemon as well...

Can you please explain where in anything that was said anyone asked people to change their teams?

To Reginald,
The sentence I'm bolded in Red's post... It is just like saying: "If you want to win, you have to use Metagross, Slaking and Dragonite in your team"

CMIIW

That is how YOU perceived it dear. You shouldn't quote me on what you think I said. But what I actually said.

And what I actually said was trainers only tend to use Meta, Slak and Dragonite. I didnt say if you want to win, put them in your party. In fact it sounds MORE like I'm saying people who use those pokemon are generic trainers.

Please read carefully before you respond.

bigboy0648

i have.... .Returned!!!! pew pew pew pew pew (nuke!) o.o

Its been a while since ive been back lul but i understand what ur talking about. I tend to use a team that i like win or lose i just play for fun. O0

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
Hey saric, I actually do use Gyarados. My team is as follows, and not in this order.......
Flygon
Dragonite
Altaria
Kingdra
Gyarados
Charizard

Glaceon01

Banned
My team at the moment which is pretty weak :Charmeleon, Pidgey, Mankey and Beedrill.

The team I plan to have : (S)Arcanine,(S)Kazam,(S)Pikachu,(S)Onix other two are undetermined atm.

kbrous74

I agree there are a lot of the same, but competitive battlers are of course going to use meta its stats are much better than the majority of other pokes. Still i usually go for some randomness that i like I use Heracross, Snorlax, and Machamp. It really depends on what works best, and its not like you can have strategies like in the handhelds with different abilities, movepools, as well as EV training. Its hard to sneak in pokes you like in the hand helds i use a cloyster like nobodies business because it has skill link which makes all multi hit moves hit 5 times, and with EV training it creates a way to make lesser pokes better. SOO all im saying is its harder to make a Competitive Battle team with the lack of working moves as well as abilities so some pokes tend to trump others

PkmnTrainerReginald

Website
www.shop.platinum-age-designs.com
I know this is off topic and stuff but hear me out.

What if they created a pokemon game that had two different gameplay engines for out of battle gameplay and in battle gameplay. Let me explain.

Out of battle gameplay would be a lot like Final Fantasy. You walk around, talk to people, in and out of houses, climb a latter, travel down mountains, etc. Swim, stuff like that.

And the IN battle gameplay, as in Pokemon Vs Pokemon had the battle engine of Naruto Shippudon Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations!!! 8-O!!!!!!

Think about it. You get to control your pokemon in a completely 3D map, You can jump, dash, and you would have a PP gauge instead of a chakra bar. You would use moves the same way, Y/Triangle once, twice, three times, four times, plus B/Square would activate one of the four equipped moved on your pokemon. Oh oh and you can change the moves ANY time you want. There is no move deleter or reminder dude. Just changeable moves. I mean if they learned it they should be able to equip it whenever they want.

The direction buttons can be like for pokeball,s potions, running and... I dunno, oh right battle items.

And maybe like... one of the top buttons opens a drop down where they have a list of your 6 pokemon you can switch too.

Can you imagine that and how epic and dynamic the battles will be? Especially if they realistically show stats and what not in the game. This changes the battle system completely because now its more on the skill of the trainer since the game is not turned based. Misses would solely rely on how good you would be at dodging attacks or countering them. There is no turn base. So countering would be epic. Some with a Salamence uses fly, and you have a small Pikachu. Do you dodge it or counter with Volt Tackle? It will up to you. Oh man and then size comparisons would be awesome. Someone calls out an Arcanine and you call out Wailord @_@..... and you get to actually see the size comparison....

I'm hyping myself up so bad right now.

I need to break into video game making so I can contact Nintendo and yell at them until they make that kind of Pokemon Game.

Then people will love using their favorites to beat impossible odds. Can you imagine someone using Draco Meteor and you actually have to dodge it yourself working with the speed of your pokemon vs the speed and succession in which the meteors are falling? IT'S AMAZING!!!!

(Faints)