AN OBSERVATION OF THE TRAINERS IN PWO

PkmnMasterRed

It seems the days no longer exist where people use their actual favorite pokemon to battle. Everyone uses the exact same pokemon and PVP has become a generic experience.

Trainers use the same teams.
Metagross, Slaking and Dragonite are often the top 3 in everyones parties these days. I am sure this is not because these are their favorites, but because people want to win. Which there is nothing wrong with that, but I remember a time in PWO where trainers used their actual favorite pokemon and trained them hard to battle any team and if they lost they adjusted their strategy and went at it again.

There is nothing like winning a battle with your favorites as oppose to winning with a generic Uber team just to stack on wins.

Now it is about common knowledge that everyone who battles max lvls have the same 3-4-maybe even 5 pokemon in their line up. The first 3 I listed are about the basic ones. The other 3 vary between, Tauros (Whom for some reason can take down a Salamence), Alakazam (Who is awesome but I feel just used to stack on wins), Gyarados (Repetitive powerful Hyber Beams with no charge) and a few others.

What happens is that you catch your favorites, just to train them to lvl 99 to battle them against an awesome asortment of teams just to realize everyone is carrying the same 3-4 pokemon on them most of the time. SO, this prompts you to obtain the same pokemon from the list of generics, leaving room for about 1-2 pokemon that are actually your favorites in hopes of remaining unique in some way, train them to lvl 99 and then try to stack on wins.

This is not an issue nor a complaint... merely an observation on how much the game has changed and I am meeting a lot of trainers who claim boredom from everyone being so generic.

I am perhaps as generic as you can get. My name is PkmnMasterRed for a reason. I use Red's exact team.
Pikachu 99, Charizard 97, Venusaur 85, Blastoise 85, Lapras 99 and Snorlax 95.
You cant get more generic at that. However people tend to laugh when they see my 99 Pikachu and ask why I didnt evolve it. As to which I usually respond in Red's typical manner "..." before turning away and leaving.

PkmnTrainerReginald

Website
www.shop.platinum-age-designs.com
-__-...

Red you suck man. Always following me around demanding battles you weirdo!

Nah but I completely understand where you are coming from. I am ashamed to admit that I may fall into the category of the generic trainer even though my team are ACTUALLY my favorite pokemon of all time.

I specifically sought out 1 pokemon from each region that suits my real life personality or reminds me of something special in my life. Geeky I know but meh! STOP JUDGING ME! >8-O!

For instance, Gallade is my all time favorite pokemon which is why it is no surprise to the readers of my fanfic here in PWO (Crisis of the Regions) that my Ralts in the story will eventually become a Gallade. They all know it, they just waiting for the when and how. ;-)

Gallade is me in pokemon form. His warriors guts and fighting prowess born from his half fighting side and his powerful mind and deep mental connection with his trainer born from his psychic half is pretty much who I am as a pokemon. Unfortunately he doesnt exist in this game. Neither does Bisharp who represents my dark seedy half with a tough exterior (steel). Also Bisharps relation to chest and strategy is another trait I am commonly known for with my peeps or whatever.

Gardevior who is currently in my party, lvl 99, represents my taste and desire in a woman. I know, sad and pathetic but say it to my face and watch you get Dream Eaten. >8-( Anyway Gardevior's almost otherworldly presence, her grace, her calm demeanor and incredibly powerful mind is what I tend to look for in woman. One who carries herself this way has learned a ton in life and is not arrogant enough to boast about it.

Salamence currently in my party, 99, represents who I am as a dreamer. As a Bagon it dreams about flying. So much so that it dives off clips head first hoping it will fly. Fortunately its head is so hard that it doesnt kill itself when landing. Maybe that is another representation of how stubborn it is. Anyway it has been said that Bagon's dream to fly is so powerful that when its a Shelgon it FORCES it's genetic structure to change into a pokemon with wings. Thus Salamence. Mind over matter. Plus Salamences ferocity and power is me.

Arcanine 99, is brave and loyal. And incredibly powerful. I am loyal to very good friends and muster all the strength I can to help them in any way I can be it moral support or whatever. It is one of the few fire Pokemon I respect.

Lanturn 99 who is usually a female in my party is the calm AND the storm in my eyes. First of all the match of water AND electric has always attracted me to it since I first saw it in the original Gold and Silver games. Lanturn's HP and Sp. Def is just so awesome. I feel like it represents my vitality as I never seem to run out of energy and I can and HAVE taken a lot of damage in life mentally and physically. Plus I see the water half as the calm and the electric half as the storm which represents my mood sometimes. You can never guess what I'll do next.

Now because Gallade and Bisharp arent in the game I use Skarmory and Absol for now.... I was considering using Medicham but not only does it look stupid to me, it just doesnt pack the power a Gallade can. In my opinion anyway. Plus Medicham is just not a cool looking pokemon. Nothing screams power like big pink genie pants and a matching hat. Hahahahha

Anyway those are my favs. I would say the most generic is Salamence and... actually I would say that is it. No one else really uses my team and I am happy about that. I lose a lot though but still its my team. And its nice to know that even at average stats I still manage to take down 4-5 pokemon who are supposed to be top tier or Uber or whatever you call them. And I feel good about that. Because if I DID search for Uber stats I would be a force to be reckoned with.... but I just dont have the time to search for those specific pokemon with uber stats. Hahahhahaha it will take too long from my personal life.

Anyway thats just me. Trainers bore me with the generics. I'd rather win with the same pokemon that got me the 16 badges.

By the way Red, your Pikachu sucks! You should evolve it! >:cool:

PkmnMasterRed

"..."
(Waits at Mt. Silver)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buifCKc9RNU[/youtube]

GawertyXL

regi and red i admire you for this even more than before, i will post my team and what ive been wanting for so long when i get home from school.

PkmnTrainerReginald

Website
Oh yeah! Well... you are just lucky the server is full right now or else... or else I would... I would like... beat you up... or something............
@_@....... I liked it better when you only spoke in dots dude. Let's do THAT, but in PWO also. X_x...

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
Speaking of using favorites, I have a Dragon team, and my babies will take both of you on, and spit you out... once I get in game.... Server FULL? I have not seen this since the cap was raised to 800...

G

To Red,
Well,.. anyway, you do have ability to decide what pokemon you want to train...
Do not to be static. (If you want to be static, as you wish, But please, do not ask people to change their pokemon like saying: " hey, you must use this pokemon, you must use that pokemon, so on, so on)

That's his/her own choices. like me, People says Nidoking is better. Nidoking is more powerful, but I do prefer Nidoqueen and even use her in my pokemon team.

Same with you, red. You choose exactly Red's Team.
So do I, I choose my Pokemon as well...

mkmaster

well i am not that long in pwo now but i like to have a unique team... i still have much to do to get the team i like too... only my fav of all scizor i already have^^
i find it funny to see the guys dont can fight well against enemys they dont expect... i mean i beaten a blastoise with sneasel alacazim with scizors and so on =P

the other thing is in pvp the ppl just "dc" if they are about to loose...

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
I have never had a problem with people disconnecting when they are about to loose, I had one friend who would randomly disconnect, but that had something to do with his client. I would never fight someone again if they did that.

Derek

i agree, its boring fighting the same pokes all the time. But in saying that, i use some of those " generic " pokemon too. not because i want to win cause i have just as many loses, but because i love these pokes and it took soooooo long to make my team.

I have a Dragonite, because i love it and i took over a week to find. it dosen't have great stats but oh well....
i have Raichu, again took forever to find a pika, i spent over 50 hrs in viridian forest lookin for it.
I have a nidoking, i've had him since i fought brock, hes my alltime favorite.
then i have three of the starters
Charizard, Venusaur, and Fraligtor, cause i think they are awsome.

what do you guys think, I'd like to know if this team can go the distance....

PkmnTrainerReginald

Website
Numontia said:
To Red,
Well,.. anyway, you do have ability to decide what pokemon you want to train...
Do not to be static. (If you want to be static, as you wish, But please, do not ask people to change their pokemon like saying: " hey, you must use this pokemon, you must use that pokemon, so on, so on)

That's his/her own choices. like me, People says Nidoking is better. Nidoking is more powerful, but I do prefer Nidoqueen and even use her in my pokemon team.

Same with you, red. You choose exactly Red's Team.
So do I, I choose my Pokemon as well...

Can you please explain where in anything that was said anyone asked people to change their teams?

PkmnTrainerReginald

Website
Derek I believe that team can go the distance if you make them. And that is all I can say about that.
I lose a lot. My team is not as well trained as they are in the handhelds. But oh well. I love how people react to my team. They never know whats coming after they see a Lanturn and then a Skarmory. They are usually like "0_o... what kind of pokemon do you use?" and that is what I like to see because now they are about to form a strategy rather than just doing the same thing they would usually do. And strategy is the whole point of any competitive thing.

For instance, for those guys eager to throw out Slaking, I throw out Skarmory. The issue is that Skarmory does not have the packing power to stop a Slaking in 2-3 hits. It takes about 6-7 maybe 8 or 9. By that time Skarmory is down to practically no HP. But I still manage the win. Same with Dragonite. Skamory holds pretty well against Outrage but just doesnt have the power to do major damage but I have a strategy for that too.

At the end of the day its about strategy and how well you can adjust to the battle at hand. Like I said I am starting to lose a lot but I refuse to change anyone in my team... except maybe Absol but I havent thought of another substitute. But even though I lose against these "ubers" I tend to take down at least 4-5 of their pokes. Even if they get the head start and their first poke takes out 3 of mine, usually its because I am baiting him into a trap once I get the idea of how he/she battles. ^_^