Against Disconnectors.

Saurabh01

Hi everybody.I would like to suggest,if in a battle someone disconnects the other player should gain a win....Its really frustrating when you are winning and someone disconnects....Some people get disconnected by net problems but some do it deliberately and then they say it was a net problem....
Waiting eagerly for staffs opinions.... :) :)

Zywa-Torpeda

It was suggested many times earlier, on forums and in game. But i abosolutly agree with you on that :)

Saurus

Banned
I agree. But:

1). What if there really was a connection problem?

There is no way to tell if they disconnected due to a connection problem or not (Maybe i'm wrong).

I have a suggestion of my own against in-battle disconnection abusers/ragers:

1). The disconnectors should have a large sum of money retracted for their abuse. This could also apply to when they have little money in that their little money be taken away and they end up with owing a sum of money running in the negatives they have to gain back.

Example:

a). Person A has 95000$ money but due to his in-battle disconnection abuse he has been penalized and a sum of money has been taken away for his abuse. Now Person A has -95000$ money and has to rebuild that money. But I don't think it'll be as effective since they could easily sell a pokemon. SO. Pokemon in their box could be halted from trading until they have payed back the large sum of money they have been penalised for, as well as halting money transfers.

Likewise, other expensive items can be blocked too.

I have so many idea's i'd be writing a list if I went on.

RicardoTav

I dont like that suggestion because when i had my bad internet i have done alot of disconnects that wasnt my fault i never did a disconnect that was my fault but there things that people cannot controll soo i think that its a good to give win to the other player but take over money from on disconects i think that's pretty unfair.

Saurabh01

Anyhow at the moment battles are not played for money....So i dont think reducing a sum of their money is a good idea....Atleast the other player should be awarded a win even if its an internet problem....

Zywa-Torpeda

Money reduce is not a good solution for this, if dcs can not be seperated beetween purposeful and the one caused by connection problems. But i belive the system can be programed to seperate those, as there are command /quit entered. We need a GM help in this topic.

Kitrica

Zywa_Torpeda said:
Money reduce is not a good solution for this, if dcs can not be seperated beetween purposeful and the one caused by connection problems. But i belive the system can be programed to seperate those, as there are command /quit entered. We need a GM help in this topic.
It can't really separate those, since you can just turn your internet off, exit pwo, turn it back on and get back on pwo.
Its just easiest if we give people who dc a loss, and those who were battling them a win.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Zywa_Torpeda said:
Why is a GMs help needed?

Saurabh01

Thats the best we can do....give a win to the battler who is battling against the one who has disconnected and a loss to the disconnector....

Saurus

Banned
Parasfm1 said:
I don't like that suggestion because when i had my bad internet i have done a lot of disconnects that wasn't my fault i never did a disconnect that was my fault but there things that people cannot control so i think that its a good to give win to the other player but take over money from on disconnects i think that's pretty unfair.

I hear you but it's also unfair to give a win to a player because you have a bad internet connection. If you know you have a bad internet connection why even go into battle knowing you'd potentially give your opponent a win based on a bad internet connection? To me that spells, 'your' fault for making a bad decision or just hoping your bad internet connection will have a heart to pull you through an entire battle.

My suggestion isn't brilliant. It simply says, in-battle disconnector's should be punished but in a way that'd make them realize what they're doing 'has' consequences to prevent them from doing it altogether. My aim is for prevention until such time the game has the means to work on it.

If there was a seperate server with a seperate window to handle PvP battles only i think (not sure) possibilities to deal in-battle disconnectors could be great. Battles could be halted, paused, what-have-you, etc. Bad internet connection speeds could be looked at, let's say:

"Connection warning!: Battled halted. Please make sure you have a secure connection. Stop all downloads.

"Connection sucessful: Resuming Battle!"

or

"Connection warning!: User has disconnected. Waiting on user to return.

Time remaining is 3 minutes..

Time remaining is 1 minutes..

Time remaining is 5 seconds..

User has forfeited. You have won the battle"

Then again, all this requires too much scripting, coding, the works but hopefully the staff and developers will come up with a plan.

Zywa_Torpeda said:

As i said, money reduction was only an example I gave but what I was aiming for was 'Prevention'.

5trYaTF.png

^ An idea. Atleast I put something on the table. Be it of help or not :)

In the end it is hard to satisfy those who become frustrated at the disconnectors and those who have no control over their internet connection and thus disconnect in-battle because of it (unpredictably so).

Zangoose

What's the problem in it ? The player who DC , it will count him as a DC and to the other player, as his opponent DCed , it will count as a WIN !

Arnie

the above is quite a good illustration. however i was actually thinking about this yesterday and i was thinking that there should be a system where if the person has 3 or fewer pokes and disconnects, he takes a loss and the other person gets a win. However i have quite a high DC count (73) however none of those have been due to not wanting to lose. i take losses gracefully its only fair :p for stallers there should be a 30-45 second timer between each move so that if someone is being unreasonable and doesnt want to move it does a random move for him after the time is up

Saurabh01

Saurus said:
Parasfm1 said:
I don't like that suggestion because when i had my bad internet i have done a lot of disconnects that wasn't my fault i never did a disconnect that was my fault but there things that people cannot control so i think that its a good to give win to the other player but take over money from on disconnects i think that's pretty unfair.

I hear you but it's also unfair to give a win to a player because you have a bad internet connection. If you know you have a bad internet connection why even go into battle knowing you'd potentially give your opponent a win based on a bad internet connection? To me that spells, 'your' fault for making a bad decision or just hoping your bad internet connection will have a heart to pull you through an entire battle.

My suggestion isn't brilliant. It simply says, in-battle disconnector's should be punished but in a way that'd make them realize what they're doing 'has' consequences to prevent them from doing it altogether. My aim is for prevention until such time the game has the means to work on it.

If there was a seperate server with a seperate window to handle PvP battles only i think (not sure) possibilities to deal in-battle disconnectors could be great. Battles could be halted, paused, what-have-you, etc. Bad internet connection speeds could be looked at, let's say:

"Connection warning!: Battled halted. Please make sure you have a secure connection. Stop all downloads.

or

Then again, all this requires too much scripting, coding, the works but hopefully the staff and developers will come up with a plan.

Zywa_Torpeda said:

As i said, money reduction was only an example I gave but what I was aiming for was 'Prevention'.

5trYaTF.png

In the end it is hard to satisfy those who become frustrated at the disconnectors and those who have no control over their internet connection and thus disconnect in-battle because of it (unpredictably so).

This is a good idea....though it will increase developers work....even if we give a win to the other player and loss to the disconnector its fair enough....because if u know ur internet is not working well y do u come in a battle just wait for the net connection to be normal and then battle....

RicardoTav

yea but think with me, my old internet ( with this new one i dont have this problem) the internet was good fast but sometimes it fall but why i will not have fun cause of my internet ?? for me battles is one of more funny and good things on pwo only that.

Saurabh01

Why u want to battle if ur net is not good enough....anyhow it gets disconnected for u....its already ruining the fun of the game....u should not battle if ur net is weak....

Diablo~

Saurus said:
Parasfm1 said:

or

Zywa_Torpeda said:

5trYaTF.png

That would be great!