AFK Kicks

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
WHY
OH WHY
Am i not allowed to have a life while playing PWO?

Why must the game kick me out for not petting and loving it for just a few minutes?

I suggest the inactivity time required to get AFK kicked be increased. Maybe doubled.

WHO'S WITH ME!?

samsengang

I second this. It's frustrating to go off for a bit to do something like saving the universe from evil forces trying to destroy the galaxy, then coming back to find out that you've been kicked off from the server.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The original purpose of the AFK Kick was to prevent inactive players from hogging server space and preventing players who want to play from getting in, back in the days when our servers were regularly hitting their full capacity. Arguably, this hasn't been the situation in PWO for a while now, so I can see some sense in reviewing whether the timeout is too small.

samsengang

There is one thing though. Sometimes when I do a quick log-off and try to go back in-game, it says my user is already in the system. I believe the system will kick you off the server automatically after getting one UIS error, but for some reason, it sometimes doesn't, then after a few tries, it takes me in-game, but I can't move, and it says something like 'connection refused, user is already logged onto another server'. That's why when this happens, I had to wait out till the system kicks me off from the server. So unless there's actually a fix for this (to which I'm not aware of), while extending the AFK kick time could be good, it would also extend the waiting time to be kicked off the server when something like that happens.

mad30

Youngster
samsengang said:
There is one thing though. Sometimes when I do a quick log-off and try to go back in-game, it says my user is already in the system. I believe the system will kick you off the server automatically after getting one UIS error, but for some reason, it sometimes doesn't, then after a few tries, it takes me in-game, but I can't move, and it says something like 'connection refused, user is already logged onto another server'. That's why when this happens, I had to wait out till the system kicks me off from the server. So unless there's actually a fix for this (to which I'm not aware of), while extending the AFK kick time could be good, it would also extend the waiting time to be kicked off the server when something like that happens.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe at one time pwo implemented that if you was trying to log into your account that has an user in system error, it would kick you off then you just need to try logging in again to get in.

Can someone more knowledgable comment on this?

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I agree, the reasons it was for aren't currently and may never be an issue again. i don't see why it shouldn't at least be loosened a bit.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The old UIS glitch rarely happens anymore, and if it does any staff member can fix it. There is another one that happens directly after relogging and that just takes a few minutes to clear on its own. If the player is freezing also it's most likely the client itself has glitched and needs to be restarted as opposed to just relogging.

Whenever there is a glitch of any kind the client should be restarted anyway, if not the errors could remain and get worse.

mad30

Youngster
This is really getting annoying.

The fact that I can't make a single post on the forums without being kicked is unacceptable. Perhaps if the time was to increase people would be more active in the forums as well and wouldn't have to make a choice to be either in game or on the forums.