About the new ms deal....

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Bear a thought that not everyone with MS has played 500+ hours so the benefits of MS will benefit them in ways it does not you, also think that MS is meant to be a benefit for people who donate and not a requirement. If you want to weight MS so heavily then what about people who can't or won't pay? Does that mean they should be handicapped for this?

Mastergam

First, Hi all .
I do not particularly approve the proposed changes to the new MS package.
In my opnion ideas are horrible and are not consistent with anything we need, this sounds more like begging me to reduce the chances of Shinys .
I use MS since I created my account and see if things Defect well prefer to stop playing. to serving our old rod ? an old stick that needs to wait to throw the bait again for several seconds , the line breaks every hour and for what? Dratini maximum fish that can be caught surfing , that to me is something unnecessary , safari ? for that discount? 3/6k of the entry .
Reset NPCs ? for what? I hate NPCs stopping me , give almost no exp ( with the exception of the gym ( 1 or the other too) so please make sure we players feel good while playing PWO with really useful things for us .. give us
* More exp
* More money
* Forget the Chances of a Shiny , let them quiet ( come to play , try to get a decent S , S 1 handle is easy Rattata months ago I want to see get a rare or even S VR , for the most part took S , I admit . how many more of these really serve for something ? )

Put maps , Pokemon , more fun and less hassle for us players who stayed 5 -10- 14hrs playing with the same claw, do not come to us with proposals mediocre but with improvements .

I thank the staff for the latest changes , the end of the black and other changes really necessary maps , so keep it up ... bringing good things for us and not something like this that we do not deserve me not be commented .

That 's all folks , have a good time .

Boora

Youngster
Chocobo7 said:
Bear a thought that not everyone with MS has played 500+ hours so the benefits of MS will benefit them in ways it does not you, also think that MS is meant to be a benefit for people who donate and not a requirement. If you want to weight MS so heavily then what about people who can't or won't pay? Does that mean they should be handicapped for this?

excuse my language , but thats crap , you have the option to buy ms with pokemoney or pokemons via trades
if they can't use $, they can use pokemoney, if they wont ? its a choice they made and it has nothing todo with the subject.
if they're poor? well you cant just be the best in a day, most of us started slow selling max spd vr's or shiny commons we find until we have enough for a ms
that's just the way it is
no one really buys MS for the extra money
ms is 90% shiny rate 10%exp
i dont see what the point of reducing the rate or increasing it, there is already an insane amount of shinys in the game it wont make a difference 1/2k or 1/3k
it'll just make hunting not as fun,
bare in mind when i had free time it took me around 6hours of walking the same plot of grass just to get 2-3 shinys,
6Hours. on the computer just walking left and right... its a pc game, not handheld after all, 3hours/1shiny that's not a high rate at all
think about it this way 3 full hours on the computer just doing the same thing over and over to get 1 shiny, if you ask me thats too much by itself,
but i know increasing it wont do much good since it applys to everyone and the amount of shinys will just be really high
so just leave it be, seriously people answer a survey without thinking, better to have an open chat to see what people really think,
night.

OneMillionRattatas

1. shinys 2. xp 3. money

k, so... I have the perfect answer. Scrap the game as it is, create one big map with every cool pokemon on it, a pokemon center nearby with trading upstairs and we've got the perfect game for you.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
To clear up, any of the previous changes noted have been suggested by players during our previous survey. While it may not be considered an improvement for you, it could be an improvement for someone else. :)

Isguros

Youngster
Chocobo7 said:

So you'll rather cripple the majority of the people so that some people who started less then a week ago can catch a Krabby before they face Whitney? That survey was probably their first encounter with that weird thing that's called a membership, which is the reason why some people have that star behind their names.

DMleev

I didn't and won't answer that survey because I can't use more than 50 characters so I'm posting my opinion by your topic Fiona.

Firstly: It seems like staff took these new benefits of MS from random ideas.

---------------------More xp for Fishing Rod----------------------------------------
---------------------Less ridiculous days to NPC's reset----------------------------
---------------------10% money off to Safari's payment----------------------------

The currently Fishing Rod is a kind of trash, i always fish Staryus (Psyduck and Karps too) and they break the line of this RIDICULOUS rod.
P.S: I'm not talking about Lvl cuz mine has Lvl 55 and stills sucking.
If you wanna change something take the cooldown off, isn't fun waiting ten seconds to reuse the ridiculous rod.
Like Fiona said, increasing 10% of xp won't do that difference we are hopping to.
Who does pay MS to fish? Anyone...

Talking about Gym's NPC, we must wait two weeks to fight again against them, what difference will do waiting two less days??
If you want to offer a real benefit then reduce it to 1 week.

Whether we'll be gaining more pokemoney by MS why would you reduce the Safari's price? Another worthless benefit.

The shiny's chance encounter reduced sounds like: "We don't give a damn to the players life so we will difficult the chance to find their shinies."
Even with the currently chance encounter I waste so many hours looking for a shiny rare pokemon and now it's supposed to be increased.

Players pay to play games thinking about the benefits and the advantages it gives. Increasing some benefits of MS won't save our time
to find the shinies. Does staff care about players health? I don't think so.

P.S.²: I know when we are buying tokens we are donating to PWO, staff isn't obligated to gives us anyhing but if we are paying it's because
of the benefits and if staff wants the dollars they should give good things in return. I'm glad about the newest changes, no lags anymore,
better effects and new ways to evolve some pokemon but it's anything above your work.

I wonder how many non-MS agreed with the decrease of shiny chance encounter in the last survey...

Isguros

Youngster
Bluerise said:
To clear up, any of the previous changes noted have been suggested by players during our previous survey. While it may not be considered an improvement for you, it could be an improvement for someone else. :)

I've heard that numerous players have suggested an increased chance of finding shinies as well (enough for you to : a) make a system message in the game about it, b) , mention it in the in-game chatbox, and c) mention it on the forums.), probably more so than this fishing skill experience boost. And that would benefit a lot lot more players (yeah, I said lot twice; deal with it ;))... come to think of it; I think only a handful of players would be against it.

I know this is not gonna happen; because you guys make the decisions, because you guys think, do your own thing and you decide what's best for us. and that's what you should have done this time as well. Think, and say to yourself: 'Why should we add this? fishing is useless after you get a surfboard' or 'battling the same weak NPCs more frequently is really annoying once you've beaten most/all of the gyms' (I know you agree, cause the staff has an option to disable NPC battles). You ignore people who have spent too much time looking for a shiny without one to show for it, but you reward people who haven't played this game enough to decide if they like it or not.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Just a gentle reminder that this subject is an open discussion and we are always open to civil feedback. If we did not care about player opinions, we would not have asked in the first place. It is absolutely fine to hate the changes, but when people are hostile when we're just trying to hear you guys out makes it harder for us to bring these changes up to you. We aren't out for blood, so please don't try to draw ours in return. We're out for understanding. That being said, not everyone here has been hostile; I thank those of you who have not been for your time.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Isguros said:
Chocobo7 said:

So you'll rather cripple the majority of the people so that some people who started less then a week ago can catch a Krabby before they face Whitney? That survey was probably their first encounter with that weird thing that's called a membership, which is the reason why some people have that star behind their names.
What I want is something that gives a worthwhile benefit to people who support the game but does not disadvantage people without it to the point ha hey have to spend real money to even feel like they can catch up. This is meant to be a free to play game and I want everyone to feel they have a somewhat fair chance. If people do not like the suggestions then rather than attacking what we have suggested there should be more talk of what they would prefer, and make suggestions that do not further imbalance MS.

Casualties

I think the reason most people purchase membership, aside of course from showing gratitude for giving us this game to play, is for the increased shiny chance. If the MS shiny chance is increased to 1/3000something, I think player morale will be lowered and many might be inclined to fore-go purchasing membership the next time around. Even with the current shiny MS rate of 1/2000ish, I've still only encountered 1 shiny (horsea) after more than 50 hours of straight battle grinding (thousands of battles), and honestly, it is discouraging to the point that others in the same boat could be moved to drop membership for even 5/6$ a month is high for some people, and they may decide "well, now that the shiny chance is even lower, why should I even with MS."

Additionally, further increasing the chances to encounter a shiny will help those who can not afford to buy membership be better able to afford shiny pokemon. Naturally, with a increased spawn chance there will be more shinys on the market and prices will be reduced thus giving non-members more opportunity to buy a shiny if they can not catch one.

I believe the MS shiny chance should be lowered to 1/1000 while eliminating any and all other MS benefits. More people will purchase membership which will greatly benefit the server, while non-members will be better able to afford to buy a shiny if they can not catch one on their own.

I think little deflation could be good for the server, i mean, 300m for a shiny staryu? 400m for S dragonite? 40m for S exegute? who can afford this? almost exclusively those who sell tokens, those who spend hours buy selling trading etc for profit, those who are ungodly lucky and encounter one, .0001% of players? certainly not the majority of players.

Given the obvious benefits to All players, albeit all players will benefit in different ways, it makes perfect sense to increase the chance a player has to see a shiny to 1/1000.

The other membership benefits are fine, but they are trivial compared to shiny chance.

GawertyXL

Casualties said:
I think the reason most people purchase membership, aside of course from showing gratitude for giving us this game to play, is for the increased shiny chance. If the MS shiny chance is increased to 1/3000something, I think player morale will be lowered and many might be inclined to fore-go purchasing membership the next time around. Even with the current shiny MS rate of 1/2000ish, I've still only encountered 1 shiny (horsea) after more than 50 hours of straight battle grinding (thousands of battles), and honestly, it is discouraging to the point that others in the same boat could be moved to drop membership for even 5/6$ a month is high for some people, and they may decide "well, now that the shiny chance is even lower, why should I even with MS."

Additionally, further increasing the chances to encounter a shiny will help those who can not afford to buy membership be better able to afford shiny pokemon. Naturally, with a increased spawn chance there will be more shinys on the market and prices will be reduced thus giving non-members more opportunity to buy a shiny if they can not catch one.

I believe the MS shiny chance should be lowered to 1/1000 while eliminating any and all other MS benefits. More people will purchase membership which will greatly benefit the server, while non-members will be better able to afford to buy a shiny if they can not catch one on their own.

I think little deflation could be good for the server, i mean, 300m for a shiny staryu? 400m for S dragonite? 40m for S exegute? who can afford this? almost exclusively those who sell tokens, those who spend hours buy selling trading etc for profit, those who are ungodly lucky and encounter one, .0001% of players? certainly not the majority of players.

Given the obvious benefits to All players, albeit all players will benefit in different ways, it makes perfect sense to increase the chance a player has to see a shiny to 1/1000.

The other membership benefits are fine, but they are trivial compared to shiny chance.

I believe the shiny chance being what it was is the whole reason why this started, or at least, a major factor. Think about it, people complain about certain pokemon being useless in value, even if they are shiny. why? because there are too many of these shinys, with the chance lower, prices for less valuable shinys will go back up and be in demand. and thus, the economy might spiral back into a better standing.

nemo55

Make a massive update and reset whole game, rebuild stage! Change the culture! ITS HARD this way, too many ungrateful peoples...

Orean

Website
twitter.com
To clear up what I believe is the wrong notional takes on the (proposed) shiny-chance change: we are not unequivocally deadset on changing Membership's shiny rate at this time.

The proposed shiny-rate reduction should be viewed as a what-if scenario; if the shiny rate was reduced, what other perks can be added to maintain enrichment to Membership status? As it is right now, further substantiated by much of the feedback raised up here, the shiny chance is a very weighty anchor to our players' interest in Membership—it appears to be a make-or-break parameter in one's decision to purchase it. Suggesting the realistic but not set-in-stone possibility of the shiny-chance reduction is, what we believe, helped stimulate more ideas for features that would be desirable for the players to see in Membership, in the scenario that Membership would be considered more perkless with the shiny-chance reduction.

Reiterating, we do not intend to remain fixated on reducing the shiny chance; in fact—all circumstances and feedback considered—we believe it is sensible to keep it as if it's an inopportune time to change it. However, as long as Membership is centered too heavily around a single perk—a controversial one at that—it can be precarious in the longer stretch of time, especially if it is ultimately considered necessary (not just by the staff, but concerns raised up by the community) for changes to be made with that perk (Shiny-chance rate).

PrinceCharming

Banned
Website
www.facebook.com
I completely agree with you Fion... this new proposal is a slap in the face to the people who actually donate. and saying you all aren't dead set on changing shiny chance is... well... pretty BS... no offense... You all have stated MANY times about changing it since it has came up... so excuse me for not taking your word about how you all are not dead set on changing it.. Now I will say if this new proposal passes, I will absolutely 100% not donate.. I won't pay for tokens with pokemoney.. Like I said before, this is a slap in the face. Scotty out

pieoffury

nemo55 said:
Make a massive update and reset whole game, rebuild stage! Change the culture! ITS HARD this way, too many ungrateful peoples...
Resetting the entire game would just frustrate even more people and cause more people to not start from scratch at all and rather quit the game if that happens. All the hard work of players gone to waste just because of a PROPOSED membership benefits change ended up resetting the whole game? Definitely not the best idea

Nikola

Youngster
-If the shiny IV ratio is going to be from 1 to 31 IV (like normal Pokemon) then I am welcoming revising the shiny chance. Lack of the features and how limited we were back in the day due to poor development there wasn't much things to offer to members I guess. With the time that changed, we have several new features and we might get more of them. However, people started to like 28+ IV concept due to having the huge benefit both in battles and on the market. Back in the day we had 20% shiny boost and with the time it got removed due to shiny Pokemon being dominant. I wonder what will happen if we get Abilities, EVs, natures and held items. Pretty sure 20% shiny boost will be the child game comparing it with that. You will instantly have full pokebox of monsters where you don't need to hunt / trade to have perfect Pokemon..I mean full IVs, EV trained yet having 1.5x stat held item...that's just beyond ridiculous.

-As for donations..someone said in this topic that no matter what you have now is meaningless. That would be correct when you look at the market, however usability never changed. That void will simply expand even more because current shiny Pokemon are not proper. I personally stopped donating long time ago. I mostly stopped donating due to obtaining everything I wanted. I was aware before I donated first dollar that I might be donating into bottomless bag, but I played for myself and for my joy so It never bothered me nor it will. One thing I know for sure, I will rather donate into something proper then into something what is not proper, simple as that. It's like the man on the steroids...buffed and stuff..looks amazing but it's not productive especially in the bed and there is where he will break down, trying to to amaze someone else doing that over and over again. If you can't last more then 3 hours then you might be having serious issues needed to be taken care of...eat vegetables?. You would rather like to be skinny or fat but productive rather then not being productive, don't you agree? Anyway, enough humor, back on the topic. I see a lot of people are being selfish "my stuff, my precious little stuff" what kind of selfish crap is that? I am aware that people invested a lot of the time here to obtain what they currently have and it will hurt them. However, you must not be selfish in the situation like this, the more you are selfish, more you will be trapped into selfish thoughts. Making you unable to see what's right. As for the token store shiny, that is the subject that deserves separate topic. You can already gather what is my opinion for those. Old Darcia would say it's the total drainage and bottomless bag, what is their role ingame? People avoid them in battles and people are avoiding them in trades, what do they serve for? Current Darcia would say it's the way of finding the right balance, hence why we are beta. Not everything can be perfect, it's just there is no one with direct impact on those who will monitor their impact on the game to balance those things.

-I used to think locally before, with the time my opinion and interest changed and I started to think globally. I personally have a lot more then all of you combined before my post but I am not being selfish. Hell, I even gave away more then you will ever achieve and I forgot more you will ever remember. I don't mind losing my stuff and hard work if they had to be removed due to game advancing by being updated properly. I used to have very similar opinion before. I remember I had shiny Salamence with 1/31 IVs, I was indeed annoyed and I eventually end up selling it for 370 tokens. One night me and Bis_Eastwood wasted almost 1000 tokens for funny shiny UCs and we eventually got nothing only bad ralts, kabutos and bagons...and yeah I was the one who sold shiny Salamence just to gamble those tokens trying to get another one. I was also prevented from playing due to issues with map loading...I was indeed frustrated until I realized that I am being shaped on better and eventually my interests and opinions changed. Now when I remember that it's actually funny for me, reminds me how foolish I was.

-I also see people saying "I will not do this and that" because I am not getting anything usable in return...If everyone is thinking like that we wouldnt be posting here at all due to not having the place to express ourselves. I personally completed whole Pokedex through the years even if I was aware that I am not going to get anything from it, but I did for my own joy and amusement. And yeah, I caught and evolved every pokemon that player can obtain. Only Pokemon left to evolve is Mamoswine, I already evolved it on my alt but not here because I wasn't able to play during xmas event 2012...anyone else evolved every Pokemon I wasn't able to load map.What I am getting for it? I am not getting anything. What do I ask for it? I ask for nothing.

-I am aware that no one likes their pocket being touched. Keep in mind that no one is asking you to donate, the game is free to play for everyone. What about people who can't afford the money to donate or they simply avoid donating into the game because the game can't offer anything they expected?. Above all, older and more wealthier players will somehow benefit more from lowering the shiny chance because I can see slight increase of their Pokemon value. As for the suggested IV change, I personally don't mind...It's always good to aim towards more balanced system. In case this change happens I believe it will not be the last one. If the game development is going to progress more then it is at the moment then I am sure it will definitely be changed at least once more. Don't forget the fact that shinies in PWO do not have proper IV ratio. Shiny Pokemon are supposed to be like others, just more rare having different color. In case the game gets updated even more, such high IV ratio is a no go IMO. There will be other things to focus on rather then being focused on a broken shiny Pokemon.

Julia

I voted "not sure if I'd buy ms again" on the survey, mostly because of the lowered shiny chance that was proposed.
I hunt more than I trade or battle, but I see the reasoning about shinies flooding the game, market value and so on, and therefore only wish to say a few words: If I were to choose, I would vote for keeping the current shiny chance benefit (1/2000), but with an IV range of 1 to 31. It's a fair compromise between hunters, battlers and traders in my eyes.

nemo55

Darcia for President!!! The man spits knowledge!!! ;D

I think starting with 28-31 IVs was a mistake in the first place...Okay maybe if it was a 1 month thing event where shinys would be 28-31...but for it to be permanent is where the fault lies...and corruption of players! It would have been better to make in-game shinys a guaranteed 15-31 IVs rather than 28-31IVs OR even 1-31 IVs ONLY if everything in PWO functioned correctly... Its in nature for us humans to think selfishly, but it is for the greater good to do whats right! ME TO WE GUYS! Support the movement! ;)

Casualties

I think the guaranteed IV change to 15-31 for shines is a solid proposal with a rate of 1/1000 for shinys. Minimum 15 IV is still very good and battle worthy. Shinys with 28+ IVs will still be extremely valuable and the current prices of 28+ IV pokes may be minimally impacted. Membership will be more appealing, and while shinys will be slightly more available, there will still be that challenge, that not being spoon fed feeling, because those who want to catch the high IV shinies will still be to work their *** off, and the reward will still be very worth the risk. And for non members, low IV shinies will more likely be in their price range, I.e. Maybe 5 million for a low IV shiny Arcanine V. 14m minimum for 28+ IV. This seems to be a solid idea which address the concerns of players with a diverse range of play styles, member and non-member alike.