A Simple Idea that may end with 90% of PvP discussions

pokearcanine

well today i saw a scene most everyone sees everyday:people arguing about slaking usage,some saying is okay,anothers saying it's not because its ability doesnt work.
Slaking's ability(Truant) makes it "loaf around" on some turns,making it attack,loaf,attack,loaf....
If this ability was working,then slaking would land one hit every 2 turns,thats when i came up with this idea: Halving Slaking Atk and Spatk base.
Its really simple but if implemented it will be like if its ability was working,because it would take 2 moves to do the damage it would do normally in 1 move.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
good idea, he would need to have access to all his moves, TM or not. I like it and it's pretty simple to do I'm sure.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I'm not totally in agreement because it's unreal but indeed it's a good and temporary solution for the complaints. ^-^

The-Predator

Youngster
sounds reasonable for a temporary solution, though not sure if the staff would apply such method, i rlly like this idea might say

BlackBloodz

I have to say I'm totally against his idea. For some reasons ;
-PWO is based on 1st and 2nd GENs ... therefore there were no abilities existed
-That doesn't make sense .. In that case we should double Azumarill's attack duo to huge power ability.

People will have just to deal with it, or just keep it the same way and battle without it ; with more TMs introduced Slaking will be less and less noticed to be OP.

pokearcanine

BLACKsamerBlood said:

I Believe PWO doesn't focus on a specific Gym,you say 2nd gen,however we have 3rd and 4th GEN pokes,most moveset's are 5th GEN,so imo PWO is trying to udpate the game to the better it can,however they can't do all at the same,so some things aren't done yet,like the abilities

BLACKsamerBlood said:
-That doesn't make sense .. In that case we should double Azumarill's attack duo to huge power ability.

The point here isn't to make abilities work before they are implemented,the problem is that players discuss everyday thanks to that Gorila,so doing that would solve that problem until abilities are,in fact,implemented.

BLACKsamerBlood said:
People will have just to deal with it, or just keep it the same way and battle without it ; with more TMs introduced Slaking will be less and less noticed to be OP.

Actually,the only Fighting TM that would offer risk to Slaking is Brick Break,having a 75 Power,and to be honest,If a Heracross,which has 125 base Atk,and Close Combat(fighting move 120 power) fails to OHKO Slaking,the only pokemons benefiting from that to beat slaking is something that can Outspeed it while having a High attack base,and no avaliable pokemon compatible with Brick Breack has that,the better you can have is Miltank,which i believe can tank 2 hits despite dont having high attack and same speed base so Max Spd Slaking can beat it,Sceptile with an Amazing 85 Base Attack....meh thats low, wont 2OHKO Slaking.

The-Predator

Youngster
BLACKsamerBlood said:

1st and 2nd gen didnt have abilities but didnt have slaking either, besides azumarrill doesnt have the base stats like a slakiNg (legendary stats) and azumarrill is not even used as a battler, that example rlly doesnt make any sense

Tendou

Thats actually a good one but not the right one regarding nerfing him that much, Vigoroth's base atk and spatk are 80 and 55 respectively so halving slaking's atk and spatk isn't suitable for him. IF staff really wanted to nerf his base status to make him able to learn tms i can see something near the following:

Original Base stats: HP -150 Att-160 Def-100 SpA-95 SpDef-65 Speed-100
Nerfed base stats: HP -120 Att-(115-125) Def-90 SpA-85 SpDef-65 Speed-90

I guess thats a decent one to make him able to learn TMs cause his lack of his ability is making both Slakoth and Vigoroth not able to learn TMs plus the nerfing of Focus Punch and Yawn. But i can tell ya hes not a huge issue now compared when he was in past, this slaking is just a leftovers of his own past.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I don't see the logic behind nerfing his other base stats aside from atk and spatk. It's not like his ability lowers his defensive capabilities anyway, why not just give him all his moves, and let him atk with half his normal atk instead of attacking once every other turn. It would be the same thing, if not put him at a slight disadvantage as a whole when compared to its normal self. To illustrate this I'll give an example.

Gengar vs Slaking
Scenario A: Slaking has its usual atk, gengar chooses not to risk hypnosis'
Gengar attacks Slaking with sludge bomb
Slaking attacks Gengar with punishment
Gengar has fainted

Scenario B: Slaking has its attack halved, no longer capable of OHKO'ing Gengar
Gengar attacks Slaking with sludge bomb
Slaking attacks Gengar with punishment
Gengar attacks Slaking with sludge bomb...

At this point slaking either tanks with enough spdef/HP, faints because of low spdef/HP, or faints because it was poisoned. Either way, this is bad news for slaking compared to using punishment at full power and possibly getting the KO. When you factor in that it's ability in the handhelds prevents it from using a useful ability compared to other pokemon who have useful abilities... it seems about right.

Maybe you're not in favor of this idea, maybe you think that currently it's not considered OP because of it's limited selection of moves, but keep in mind that in the handhelds, while it has access to giga impact it is RARELY used with it as it disables switching on the next turn. Therefore considering that most people use body slam with slaking, it's current highest STAB move "chip away" is not too far off (only 10 points). Being able to sacrifice 10 points for another immediate attacking turn is a no brainer IMO, so while I don't think slaking is too much to handle right now, and I do think its power is exaggerated slightly, I can see the logic behind the argument that it's OP.

pokearcanine

Tendou said:
Thats actually a good one but not the right one regarding nerfing him that much, Vigoroth's base atk and spatk are 80 and 55 respectively so halving slaking's atk and spatk isn't suitable for him. IF staff really wanted to nerf his base status to make him able to learn tms i can see something near the following:

Nerfed base stats: HP -120 Att-(115-125) Def-90 SpA-85 SpDef-65 Speed-90

I guess thats a decent one to make him able to learn TMs cause his lack of his ability is making both Slakoth and Vigoroth not able to learn TMs plus the nerfing of Focus Punch and Yawn. But i can tell ya hes not a huge issue now compared when he was in past, this slaking is just a leftovers of his own past.
Well,my point isnt exactly nerfing slaking,but making like if its abilities was working.

Tendou

pokearcanine said:
Well,my point isnt exactly nerfing slaking,but making like if its abilities was working.

So that would be a drastic decreasing of his moves' accuracy to "looks like" hes loafing around (attacks will miss more) which will probably requires creating a doubles of his moveset so others pokemons won't be affected by the nerfed acc and nerfing the accuracy for doubled moves but im pretty sure this is an uneeded action

pokearcanine

Tendou said:
pokearcanine said:

So that would be a drastic decreasing of his moves' accuracy to "looks like" hes loafing around (attacks will miss more) which will probably requires creating a doubles of his moveset so others pokemons won't be affected by the nerfed acc and nerfing the accuracy for doubled moves but im pretty sure this is an uneeded action
I guess you got the wrong idea,i didnt suggest decreasing Slaking's moves power or acc,but Decreasing the Pokemon Atk and Spatk base,just like this:
Modified Base stats: HP -150 Att-80 Def-100 SpA-47 SpDef-65 Speed-100

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
When messing with moves it effects more pokemon than just slaking, not a good idea.