A random idea

Merse

Youngster
I know it is not possible in the current client but it may worth some consideration for the future:
Everyone is complaining about the 1 day cooldown time of the gymleaders. I for one, support the idea of forcing players to be well prepared and if they are not, condemn them to perpare more. But let's look a bit more into the situation.
Let's say you have 3 hours per day to play PWO. Let's say you sit down at 6 PM and go to bed at 9 PM. In this case you will most likely spend your time with preparing to the gymleader and then you will battle him/her just before you log out. Currently that means that you will have until next day 9 PM to be able to battle that gymleader again, even if you have a shorter day, or it's wekend and you could start playing earlier. Or if you have to go to sleep earlier, you can't fight for another day!
I suggest a simple solution: Why don't we reduce the waiting time from 24 hours to 20 hours? This would make the possibility of battling leaders more flexible and you most likely wouldn't have to wait ocassionally two days just to advance. This method works very well in other MMO games where certain missions can be repeated daily.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I've seen this suggested before, and though I see its reasons and merit, it really isn't much different to how it is now. I think the best solution is already on the board- that of denying Experience gain for the battle unless there is a win.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Also, to note, the timers are controlled server-side, thus the needed redevelopments could be made to the system, wherefore it would be possible for it to be lower than a day; if the cooldown time was set to units of hours instead of days.

Since this may not be a smooth/efficient conversion of time increments, the in-contemplation solution HitmonFonty mentioned may be the more sensible solution for now, feasibility-wise, if the community agrees to it.