A personal rant don't open if you are going to get offended

GawertyXL

Hey everyone, I usually don't tend to speak out about these things, although i've been carefully observing it for near on two years...
I can not stand it, I know that regular users shouldn't technically be able to read other regular users reports, or ban appeals, I understand that was a mistake with the forums, as back in august/september of 2011, the forums did not allow this, and I am sure they did not before this as well. Due to my curiousity, I read these threads. I honestly am tired of people not taking any credit for their own actions, yes, i'm not a game moderator, i'm not a Community Guide, I am no one important, It still bothers me though, I was raised with a incredible amount of responsibility, more so than teens in my age group, and all of the people I see daily who plead innocence by acting as if they don't know what they did, or didn't read the rules, or don't know what certain programs do, is pissing me off, sure, don't get me wrong, almost 1 out of every 10/15 players are telling some sort of truth, but, I mean honestly, does anyone know how to take any action for their wrongdoings? I really just can't stand these type of people, who won't take any credit for what they've done, enough about that though, there are other reasons for my rant I bring to you today.

I can honestly sit in PWO, for a few minutes or hours a week, and say from the bottom of my heart, I do not like the community, What happened to the earlier days, where did the more mature community go? People that had a decent amount of respect for rules, I am not going to name people out of respect to them, just so that I don't start any unnecessary flame wars and what not, If you feel any sort of anger at this, then I was probably referring to you in some discreet way, People cuss a lot more than is neccesary in the chat, they do not respect any one, you can say one wrong thing and everyone straight up disrespects you (not to a point that's worth reporting in most cases) I can't even enjoy PWO, as I am a person who lives for talking to individuals like myself when I play games, I don't like doing anything alone, as bad as it can sound, I find solo play, boring. This is what is a cause of my recent inactivity, I used to make threads stating me leaving, or making some petty excuse, like grades or something, in all honestly, I even thought it was boredom, Its none of these, it's the insufferable rule breaking scum that inhabits the chats these days, I am not saying the whole chat, as there can be some pretty decent people, but honestly. I see very few of these people these days. almost everyone else has a lack of respect, and do not follow the rules. It's driving a true fan away.

I am sorry I brought this rant to you today, nothing can really change my feelings, getting rid of hundreds of players for one players feelings is not solution, people pop back up. I just wish there could be a change, something that could be done in respect of the hard working people that make this game who, I am almost sure, are more tired of this than me.

This wasn't meant to be a discussion thread, you can turn it into one if you want, I'll reply of course, I am not done with this community yet, I just had to get this off my chest.

anyways, Gawerty out.​

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Re: A personal rant don't open if you are going to get offen

The people in the appeals have always been like this. It's simply human nature. People will lie to save their belongings, rarely somebody will tell the truth to try to make the punishment less harsh. Extremely rarely do people tell the truth to learn from it.

But the people who have already been banned shouldn't bother you, as most of the time you didn't talk to them before they were forced off the game. It's the people that surround you and talk to you often (or on the chats) that should be focused on. You don't have to worry about denied ban appealers.

EDIT: Actually, I've explored the internet recently, and this is one of the more mature communities I've seen. It's the only one that lets me talk about serious discussions without getting irritated at me. No joke.

GawertyXL

Understandably so, You have a honest to the core point, Call it a pet peeve, call it whatever, I was merely 13 when I joined PWO, I had my ambitions, I wasn't the best member, considering I was banned once, still though. I learned, I don't see why others can't, or at least be honest. Sure, protect your belongings or whatever, if you didn't want to lose them, when the ban rate on PWO could be called significantly high, you wouldn't break the rules in the first place, am I wrong here?

CheckeredZebra

Youngster

Maybe this is their first time learning, as well. Obviously some not; every month I see that somebody has been banned multiple times, etc. But they chose to be cut from weaker cloth than you, or perhaps are barely hanging on elsewhere in their own life. From my own experience, I have found that PWO is a haven for many people who have deep struggles, even if they abuse their own place of escape. Some people are only here to exploit, however, but you'll get those no matter where you turn in life. Still fine to be mad with them, and you are in good shape by knowing that its always best to face yourself.

Some people just haven't gotten that wake-up call yet and, less often some chose to just let the phone ring. I've just personally found it to be more effective to be accepting in a judgmental world. Sometimes a ban isn't what some people need to wake up, so they'll keep going until something else gets them.

EDIT: Sorry, I edited this like 5 times and added/removed statements as I organized my thoughts.

GawertyXL

Thats all good, I really just needed to get it off my mind.

mad30

Youngster

this is no rant, this is a troll topic. a fair amount of pwo players have never had that much respect for rules hell if anything there is less rule breaking now than ever before.

i think this is just a case of bans for using cheats are making up the bigger piece of the ban pie now, where as before youd have much more trolling and people being punished for in game cheats. what about when there was constantly hell in the communities, no idea how long you have been around but if you was around back when flounder and sarge was constantly going at it then you would remember.

likewise there are more bans now because of cheating because well, theres more mods to go around and evidence doesnt seem to be able to show in public like older forms of cheating like trade scams because of this it makes players doubt there is proof and really, what do they have to lose by claiming ignorance?

pwo has gone a long way if the biggest issue now is macroers and speedhackers. at least those are victimless crimes so to speak compared to the likes of account hacking and scammers.

GawertyXL

This is sadly, a rant. If I were trolling you would know Mad, I tend to be serious when I get pissed off about certain matters. I'd rather not get into a debate about that, no I was not around for flounder or sarge, I do however know a lot about the history of pwo a bit more so than others. Comparing the fact that you are a bit off with the scamming part and even account hacking part, It doesn't happen as often, but I can name at least 10 different scams in the past month, maybe not as much as the past but, its still there. whether you like it or not. there is really nothing that can stop it, as Zebra said, it is in every community. I did make this thread just to vent some feelings, nothing more, nothing less.

mad30

Youngster

i knew u werent trolling, was a 2 part joke that was bad, or you failed to get, either way

i know there are still some scam/hack cases however its perhaps 1/20th of what it was

CheckeredZebra

Youngster

mad30 said:
i know there are still some scam/hack cases however its perhaps 1/20th of what it was

Remember when the GMs decided to not solve any scam cases at all until a DEV would implement an update? I can easily define that as one of the darkest times for PWO.