A few things regarding developement

Status
Not open for further replies.

AizenSosuke.

[skip to second half to skip a story]
Alright its no secret development has been slow for ages I'm not sure anything has changed in my years of absence. Long story short I hate Shane glad he's gone. In the time Ive seen nothing done here I've designed the entirety of hoenn using shane's map editor and redone on the old editor i got here Ive been working with another pokemon site to learn the simple scripting and let me tell you its a cake walk in all departments I'm not sure what the hold up is or what shane thought he needed praised for but making something this simple isn't in need of praise.

I'd like to have the chance to do what the old developer shane couldn't. I can map,script design spites and artwork in 2&3D but as this is merely 2D it'll be easy and fast. A fully functioning sprite with all sides animation is maybe a max of 16 images linked not a very hard task for an hr. I can also design my own 2D simple engine if that's the hold up but engines take time expect a few months wait

Btw I'm not new far from it. Cheers! Abel

Boora

Youngster
Hi i'm gonna talk about our old developer/owner that everyone loved, even the ones that didn't get along with him
AND right in the next line i'l basically offer to replace him becasue i can make maps,

this kid is brilliant.

and just fyi, the maps/art work aren't the problem from what i remember , its everything around them.

btw, hi.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Skills alone are not enough to create a complete and fully functional pokemon MMO such as we have here. The equation would at least be (skills + time), however there are many variables to add. For one thing the skills needed are not all in one persons' hands, therefore staff are often required to work together, which means the time factor needs to overlap between the volunteers that are required to work together. There are ways around that requirement but they won't always work- there is often no replacement for teams working together at the same time to get things done. With volunteers who don't work to a schedule this can mean long stretches when little is seen to be done from the outside.

The ground work for Hoenn has been done mapping wise, but adding the Hoenn maps is only the first step. Part of the slowness at least is due to us taking the time to create a complete region as we go, not a bit of a region with a lot of gaps to fill in as we did with kanto and especially Johto in the past. So by the time we get around to actually putting the Hoenn sections or blocks ingame, they will be complete not just empty shells to be filled in later.

The current map editor for PWO really isn't that old, and it was updated along with the new client this year to allow for major changes that were needed to make Hoenn maps work here. If you have suggestions for improvement on it please let us know, but it doesn't need replacing.

I also think you have an erroneous idea of what Shane and other Developers in PWO do. Art, maps and scripts are not actually in their job description, they work directly with the game client and server, adding functionality rather than content as a rule.

As for your application to help us out, we do consider players for staff roles on a regular basis. We also have showcase forums which give us the opportunity to view player abilities first hand, which I see you have used yourself in the past.

Please note that open discussion of these matters is fine, however personal insults are not. Keep any further negative opinions of former staff to out of these forums please.

AizenSosuke.

Boora said:
Hi i'm gonna talk about our old developer/owner that everyone loved, even the ones that didn't get along with him
AND right in the next line i'l basically offer to replace him becasue i can make maps,

this kid is brilliant.

and just fyi, the maps/art work aren't the problem from what i remember , its everything around them.

btw, hi.

I've also placed and designed every correct npc as well as created the scripts and text to every battle,reward and follow-up as well as the under water maps and tri-layers and weather effects including every player base down to the every spec. The trainer scripts merely need pokemon id coding which is empty for developer use.

KeyboardWarrior

Maps, Scripting, and Artwork do not make you a MMO..
Anything you did wouldnt even work with PWO, as it even has its own scripting language..

but thank you for pointing out that I suck because I was around maybe a couple months in PWO in the last 4 or 5 years.
I didn't ask for any praise, and I had nothing to do with the mapping/npcs/scripting/art.. so your whole entire statement is void.

If you would like to know how old the PWO client engine is, i created it in late 2008, and reskinned it in 2009 to pretty much what it is right now.
I was 16, so you can hate as much as you want, but thats still pretty impressive for a young kid.

gKWhbJ2.png

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I accept and appreciate your right to respond here Shane. Since the original topic was fairly and now fully answered I will also take this opportunity to close the topic and let it stand as is. Anyone who disagrees or who wishes to discuss it further may do so in PM with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.