A Few Ideas i thought off.

Jakeizherewoo

Sorry if some might be weird of off-topic but here goes...

Exp earned (x2) and Money earned (x2) Tickets.
They come in a range of differnt tickets. 1 Ticket lasts 1 hour of playtime or you can buy a day's worth or a week's worth or a month's worth...ect.ect.

Poke-bank. A Bank to store money and make interests on it. To open an account costs let's say... 100000. This might come into a great use if you're finding it hard to make money to buy that 1 pokemon you always wanted.

Poke money to tokens convert. You make a certain amount of money (Let's say 100000 or 1000000 for 1 token).

Training Center. A Center where you can fight trainers non stop to level you're pokemon. The higher the level of you're pokemon. The tougher the NPC to fight.

Differnt colour names and text. Why i thought of this one is because it is impossible the way the chat is right now to see who typed this or that. This could be a useful membership addon if you donated to the game.

Smilies :D. I don't really need to explain this one.

Make you're own avatar. This one sounds like a minecraft feature and would look great for Pokemon world online where (US) People design what we wanna look like on the game.

Make our own NPC Trainer. We can't battle what we made but other people may fight our own creations of an NPC where we decide what pokemon an NPC has and what moves the pokemon has and also what level range they should be at and we can name them.

Rentable houses. Let's say we wanna rent a house and invite a friend over for a battle or so... Well you should get the picture.

Pokeballs with items inside them. Like the actual pokemon game. There are pokeballs scatted all over the map with an item inside it. Could contain a potion to a revive or even money.

This was all i could think off. I know they are pointless but i would love to see some of these in the future. I was also gonna suggest to bring back the trade system but i heard everything i need to know about it so i did not say it. Sorry if they are useless. Cya.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]Some of these ideas look impossible. But I would like to make some points:[/glow]

They come in a range of differnt tickets. 1 Ticket lasts 1 hour of playtime or you can buy a day's worth or a week's worth or a month's worth...ect.ect.

[glow=red]This one I have not understood the point. The current system of experience could be reviewed, but considering the game is a MMORPG online it's fine. Making level up easier would decrease daycare service worth and it would go to stop the circulation of a significative amount of money in game.[/glow]

Poke-bank. A Bank to store money and make interests on it. To open an account costs let's say... 100000. This might come into a great use if you're finding it hard to make money to buy that 1 pokemon you always wanted.

[glow=red]I heared something similar to this will be add on the new playerdex, not sure. It sounds great to me. [/glow]

Poke money to tokens convert. You make a certain amount of money (Let's say 100000 or 1000000 for 1 token).

[glow=red]Many players have discussed about this. I personally hate the idea because once it's working the amount of money in game would be drastically reduced.
[/glow]

Training Center. A Center where you can fight trainers non stop to level you're pokemon. The higher the level of you're pokemon. The tougher the NPC to fight.

[glow=red]I repeat what I said before. Maybe I would appreciate more to have a daycarer NPC to make the game more like official ones.[/glow]

Differnt colour names and text. Why i thought of this one is because it is impossible the way the chat is right now to see who typed this or that. This could be a useful membership addon if you donated to the game.

[glow=red]I don't mind about this. If it would be made is fine, if not it's fine too.[/glow]

Make you're own avatar. This one sounds like a minecraft feature and would look great for Pokemon world online where (US) People design what we wanna look like on the game.

[glow=red]I think this not possible. You can make your own avatar however only you can see it and it's used for every common players. We have some players who have a different avatar but it's the same among them.[/glow]

Make our own NPC Trainer. We can't battle what we made but other people may fight our own creations of an NPC where we decide what pokemon an NPC has and what moves the pokemon has and also what level range they should be at and we can name them.

[glow=red]I don't think this idea is helpful. Anyway is your opnion.[/glow]

Rentable houses. Let's say we wanna rent a house and invite a friend over for a battle or so... Well you should get the picture.

[glow=red]I'm not sure but I think something similar was around in the past and if it was removed I think there's a resonable reason.[/glow]

Pokeballs with items inside them. Like the actual pokemon game. There are pokeballs scatted all over the map with an item inside it. Could contain a potion to a revive or even money.

[glow=red]I don't know how this could be implemented but it would help a lot new players.[/glow]

RockzBarik

Jakeizherewoo said:
I only Iike this Idea.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Okay, let's see here...

Potentially interesting idea, but sort of made redundant with monthly Memberships offering these benefits anyway. Plus, we don't really want PWO to become pay-to-win.

Originally, we planned to add this as an in-game NPC function. Serious failings in Xanascript, however, meant it would never work as intended. Nevertheless, it's an idea we are considering in various forms.

The Staff have never discussed this; nor did I ask about it prior to making this post - but my honest opinion is "fat chance" as Tokens are intended to be rewards for contributing to PWO - either with donations, or with content or opinions (the latter two usually in the form of contests, or feedback polls with prize draws at the end for all submitters).

[glow=red]I repeat what I said before. Maybe I would appreciate more to have a daycarer NPC to make the game more like official ones.[/glow]

Quoting you both here as I like both of your suggestions but am not sure which I consider more likely to be considered.

• In game smilies exist, but in a limited quantity and they aren't made obvious. Try typing =D, =P and so-on in game.
  • Please explain to me where and how you would want player names coloured.
  • While you can't colour individual messages in the chat, you can assign different colours to different chat "channels" using the /cgcolor command. These colours will then be used in the "Global" view to visually separate the messages from each channel. Refer to the Wiki for more information.

Character customisation is planned for the future.

This would be hugely memory-consuming and is potentially abusable.

No comment.

I've suggested this myself before. It IS potentially possible with the current NPC Scripting methods; however, there are some problems that would need to be overcome: First, we'd need object sprites for the Pokéballs added to the client (this isn't too difficult); then there are the the issues of making the items claimable only once (potentially doable) and making the balls disappear or otherwise change appearance when collected (maybe possible with a workaround); and finally, even if we COULD do all this, the current NPC limitations mean the item balls would continue to act as a solid object and prevent passing through them even once collected, which may not be desirable behaviour (NOT fixable without server-side code rewrites).

...I think that covers everything now. Hope it helps :)

RockzBarik

Jinji said:
Okay, let's see here...

Originally, we planned to add this as an in-game NPC function. Serious failings in Xanascript, however, meant it would never work as intended. Nevertheless, it's an idea we are considering in various forms.

I think then it should add in PlayerDex.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Question, what would be good (from a balance perspective) about adding something that lets people earn unlimited ammounts of money for doing nothing?

Shiningamisgirl

Chocobo7 said:
Question, what would be good (from a balance perspective) about adding something that lets people earn unlimited amounts of money for doing nothing?

Nothing, absolutely nothing

Incentive/Drive = Continuation of Play. It's like..Heck there are psychological graphs for this stuff. Maybe even a level on the Hierarchy of Needs. If everything was free, infinite, devalued, etc. People would get bored and leave.

Also 1 - You can already convert your tokens to money. By trading in game, which gives people in game incentive to make pk money, to exchange for RL donation token gifts, to spend again..on the game. If you could convert tokens to pk money, donating for tokens would be devalued, unless one was intending to use said tokens on poke/membership. Which is the purpose for tokens.

Don't wanna touch the banks.

You can make your own avatar already. You can make different 'skins' for the game. It's just that other people cant see them. Only you can see your own skin, etc. I do think new avatars would be fun, but I'd rather see other things worked on first, than to be given skin options/graphic options by the mods.

No on the houses, from a personal player standpoint. This isn't harvest moon, it's Pokemon. No one goes back to live with their mom after they become a trainer. True there were hideouts in the game, but....items..mapping..coding..deargod don't wanna touch that either. Until players can trade items, or the token store starts offering plush charizard pillows..No.

Again, I do like your ideas! I think they're fun! But they all seem to rely on 1, the playerdex being waaay overhauled, and possibly a new client showing up, and 2, item trading.

Though yanno what. Why cant pokemon occasionally drop pkballs? They already drop money when you kill them? Though that would ruin the buying of pokeballs if you could get them for free by killing things. -nods- Gold sinks needed, even if the ones putting it in aren't the majority wealth shareholders.

Maybe instead new accounts should be gifted a certain amount of pk'balls/pkmoney. Something small and insignificant, but enough to get them started. (Is that already done?) Then you wouldn't have to worry about pkballs being traded, or the money if it's only enough to buy more pkballs, potions, save up, etc.

Personally I'd rather see a potion that cures poison, all that stuff. Hyper potion does not do this..