A complete Kanto/Johto?

rbecca

2e5l4wp.jpg

Hi there peoples of the Pokémon World!

New year, new changes, right?
Perhaps a completed Kanto and Johto region before we do anything further than that matter.
But, what do you think is necessary for a completed Kanto and Johto?
Do you think it's fine as it is? Think about buildings, and differences in generations.
Just remember, Pokémon World Online takes place 15 years after Heartgold and Soulsilver, some areas in Firered and Leafgreen wouldn't make sense with the place and time, right?​

Lutalica

Hmm...

I won't ever call Johto/Kanto complete without Victory road and Elite 4 though.
SoulSilver & HeartGold had Battle Frontier too.
Ecruteak city with the 2 special historic places (towers) and only one single quest isn't so good either, nor the exploration of them are interesting at all.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
rbecca said:
New year, new changes, right?

It only changes the number

rbecca said:
what do you think is necessary for a completed Kanto and Johto?

Victory road, elite 4 and pokemon mansion are the only missing areas for there to be a 'complete' region iirc. So maybe it would also be a good time to start planning a transition region between kanto/johto and hoenn... a purpose to which the sevii islands could fit nicely.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Just to note, Elite Four are already planned, after Kanto and Johto are completed. After that Sevii Islands as a prelude to Hoenn. The purpose of this post is to get your opinions and ideas on what more you would like to see before we officially move on- what you think would make Kanto and Johto complete?

Jinga

make the spawns like HG/SS so no more spawn problems would remain and above post suggests most of the things to complete Kanto/Johto.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
HitmonFonty said:
The purpose of this post is to get your opinions and ideas on what more you would like to see before we officially move on- what you think would make Kanto and Johto complete?

We are told the game takes place 15 years after the events of HG/SS, however the game itself is lacking of a proper story that could make area suggestion something easier. As it is, any suggestion for a more custom area would be a bit of a blind throw imo, which is why my previous post was so rooted on the handheld areas.

rbecca

In my opinion i would like to see more usage of buildings.
Also the Elite Four, Pokémon Mansion, Battle Tower and things like that.
Maybe some fun, silly, small, quests in the 'normal' houses or something.

drvirus

Kanto has more quests/random NPC's around than Johto, add more NPCs around saying random stuff in Johto and maybe some small quests.

as well as most of what the rest said here.

And i really like the idea about what you guys said as starting from 0 with Hoenn region in 1 of the other posts, like you cant take your pokemons or trade while you are in Hoenn region till you get all 8 badges, after that you will get back all your pokemons as well as the pokemons you got from Hoenn.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
Again, lack of a storyline is something that makes it hard for quests to tie in with much of anything. The way I see it, quests for the sake of progression would need a storyline to tie with. Most that can be done with quests as it is is to either tie them to a new location or to make it possible to access a new location, which isn't something that gives that much of a room to work with imo.

drvirus

Oh and i forgot to add, linking the playerdex pokemart ingame!!!! alot of players barely know what the pokemart playerdex is!, add in each mart ingame something called auction house or something, when players talk to it or click it, it opens the playerdex or something.

Pretentious

rbecca said:

This. ^^^

I loathe all of the empty houses and buildings in the two regions. If you put a house on a map, then players should at least be able to enter it. And if they can enter it, I would think there should at least be something for them to interact with inside of it.

SIGNS. Either remove the signs or write something on them. Hell, you could even go ahead and sell them to guilds as an advertisement or to individuals to stroke their egos.

Please fix the Johto Spawns ASAP :( I feel horrible for players who start in Johto because the levels of wild Pokemon in Johto were worse than in Kanto before the respawn project ever began. Looking forward to seeing the updated Johto Safari Zone because it's currently hot trash :/

Tidy up the dialogue. :D

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
Pretentious said:
I feel horrible for players who start in Johto because the levels of wild Pokemon in Johto were worse than in Kanto before the respawn project ever began.

Just so you know, in the handhelds johto is the lowest leveled region on what wild pokemon are concerned. Let's not forget that before the respawning project started over a year ago, most map spawns were similar to what would be seen on the handhelds.

Pretentious

KaiTheLoneWolf said:
Pretentious said:
I feel horrible for players who start in Johto because the levels of wild Pokemon in Johto were worse than in Kanto before the respawn project ever began.

Just so you know, in the handhelds johto is the lowest leveled region on what wild pokemon are concerned. Let's not forget that before the respawning project started over a year ago, most map spawns were similar to what would be seen on the handhelds.

Honestly, I didn't know that. Thanks for the information. I had Gold when I was young and I bought HG much later, but I never had an issue in the handhelds. I've also never started in Johto myself in PWO, but I often hear of new players struggle to make it through Johto due to the low levels :/

Nikola

Youngster
There are things in both Kanto and Johto that will end up being re-located. Most of things people could see past years are the events not connected with any of those two regions. I would personally put Pokemon League on hold even though it's being tested together with battle tower. There was scripting activity done for elit4 and battle tower. However, after those two I can't see anything missing except filling in move tutor npcs and other random npcs.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Johto levels will not be the same as in the handhelds. There, the player always started in Johto and the higher level Johto gyms were lower level and even Elite 4 were just in the 40s. Here we can start in either Kanto or Johto and the gym levels are pretty much mirrored in each region, so the wild spawns have to be different also.

rbecca

Pretentious said:
rbecca said:

This. ^^^

I loathe all of the empty houses and buildings in the two regions. If you put a house on a map, then players should at least be able to enter it. And if they can enter it, I would think there should at least be something for them to interact with inside of it.

SIGNS. Either remove the signs or write something on them. Hell, you could even go ahead and sell them to guilds as an advertisement or to individuals to stroke their egos.

What would you like to see in these houses, like how do you imagine it to be fun?
For example, a connection to the neighbours in a town, just giving an example: Neighbour Ralph from house 5 forgot to get bread and milk in the grocery stores, and asks if you could get bread and milk from his niece, Anna in house 19, and will pay you with a Pokéball or some pocketmoney when you deliver it to him.
(Just giving a perhaps, weird example)

And about the signs, what do you think players, or guild owners, should do to be able to put something on signs?
Do you think people would abuse this in a way, or possible fights would come out of it?

Pretentious

There are limitless possibilities for houses. As you mentioned, even tiny little quests would be an improvement--especially at the beginning of the game when money is tight and people are hesitant to buy Pokeballs. Or you could give guilds more of a purpose by renting them houses in the game which could mirror the secret base idea. I know this may seem farfetch'd, but I'm just throwing out idearz.

Just like the houses, the sign idea was just a random thought. Maybe they could be used like a billboard and rent the space for a month or longer (so it doesn't have to be edited constantly) for a substantial fee (or possibly auctioned if there was any interest). Active guilds could use them to recruit. I don't think fights would arise from this because staff would have to look over the proposed sign before entering it into the game.

Kai brought it up, and I think it's really important: This game lacks a storyline, and now is as good of a time to create one as ever. Since players begin in starter's island (or whatever it's called) the plot can really be up in the air. Also, this is a MMORPG, so don't feel confined to the traditional journey for badges + defeat evil team concept. Get creative. Embrace the fact that thousands of other players are playing as this character at the same time. Make the user choose decisions which affect the story, etc. You got this :)