24 hour wait to login after failed attempts?

PokeViper

Hello,

I use a ton of passwords to keep my security in check. And hadnt logged into playerdex for weeks, so i tried a few of the main passwords i used and received the "Too many login attempts"

While usually 99% of the forums, emails, MMO's, etc.. have a 15-30 minute wait time, i suddenly realized the page was saying "Please wait 24 hours to try again" 24 HOURS? omg!

I was posting this to ask if it was at all possible to reset that for me? Or if someone could just change it permanently to maybe an hour? 24 hours is a bit much.

I'm having issues logging into the game, and was told in the IRC to try logging into playerdex to fix it. But after only 3 attempts, i was locked out.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Glaceon01

Banned
No one can reset it for you or should I say even if they could they would not, no one here is spoon-fed..everyone has problems like this. You'll have to wait like all the others.

PokeViper

Spoon-fed? No one said anything about being spoon-fed, so your little jab/flame/trolling comment is pointless.

What i expected is something that is standard across the internet. Especially amongst the MMO industry.

It's understandable that each site/game/etc.. has its own "Unique" version of the log in system. But this version of "Unique" is flawed in my opinion.

How is it logical to enhance the wait time by thousands of percent in comparison to what the usual standard is? Explain the logic to me, or don't respond.

And don't come at me with a condescending tone in regards to a legit query. Especially when my original post was nothing but respectful.

Glaceon01

Banned
Lol I'm not trying to be disrespectful, it's just a in-proper way of words I used the term spoon fed as saying why would they individually treat you better than anyone else on the forums who may have the same problems...have you even bothered to browse the forums to see if your problem was posted anywhere else?

Here they take your opinion into mind, but lol it's not going to happen in this case.

It's logical because it's their system and they chose to do so..lol if you're that upset about it maybe it's not the game for you.

I'm not coming at anyone.

PS. I don't throw jabs I give full blown punches and trust me I don't need to throw a jab when I'm simply giving the information rather sharing what I know with you for your own sake...unless you'd rather be told this from a different perspective I'm telling you like I'd tell anyone else...if I wanted to jab you it wouldn't be a little pity comment, but sorry if you were offended.

PokeViper

I appreciate the apology.

It was my hope that making a post in regards to it (no, i had not done a full search in regards to the 24 hour wait time, my apologies) may have it reviewed in a new light. As in the 5 minute afk timer should be reviewed IMHO also.

I am not so drastically upset that i'd leave the game, but it is frustrating when i am attempting to fix one problem, only to encounter another that hinders me by an entire day.

PS - I am not so arrogant as to assume i know your personality. I responded that way because i felt the comment to be unnecessary. Since i was genuinely interested in some form of recourse.

Glaceon01

Banned
If you really want to push this on the staff make a post in General pwo talk and possibly create a petition hoping to get the staff's attention about it and probably some players to agree, but I can't say that you wont waste your time.

PokeViper

Thanks for the suggestion, Glaceon! I took your advice, and have received a response from Crenel ASAP! This system is already being worked on and is in the pipes for future changes.

Sometimes all it takes is a quick discussion to figure things out :)