2012 Awards Results

AFLAX41386

I apologize this took so long to post, I have been busy with work.

I am happy to announce, the winners of the 2012 awards! Hope you all had fun voting and congratulations to those who were chosen!

Members
Smartest: Naero
Friendliest: A 3-way tie between CheckeredZebra, CharManDa and Darkdane.
Funniest: JD
Coolest: Darkdane
Best Debater: Crenel
Comeback Player of the Year: Aflax
Most Attractive Male: Dajustin
Most Attractive Female: rbecca
Most Attractive Animal: Zebra
Most Talkative: king1234
Most Trustworthy: HOF
Most Helpful: Naero
Most Potential: kaiser
Most Missed: ViVi
Most Influential: Thugie

Staff:
Best Admin: Bluerise
Best DEV: ThuGie
Best GM: Chocobo7
Best GE Artist: Avero/LunaticJames
Best GE Mapper: Arenya
Best GE Composer: GrumpyOptimist/CheckeredZebra
Best GE Scripter: mad30
Best CG: Pansy
Best IRC Staff: HitmonFonty
Most Professional Staff: Bluerise
Most Friendly Staff: CheckeredZebra
Most Dedicated Staff: Bluerise
Most Honorable Former Staff: Bis_Eastwood

Trainers/Guilds
Toughest Battler: Darcia
Best Collector: Fionavara
Most Dedicated Hunter: Fionavara
Most Generous: Yukiro
Best Businessman: Darcia
Best Daycare: Darkdane
Strongest Guild: Cryptic_Complexity
Most Fun Guild: Cryptic_Complexity
Top Guild Leader: ZainPF

Favorite NPC: Sean Connery - there were widely mixed votes between this category, and this NPC (with 3 votes) happened to edge out what was a group of runner ups (several tied at 2 votes).
Favorite Event: 2012 Winter Event
Favorite Update: Massive moveset updates - crenel's massive efforts at updating most moves to their 5th generation values, as well as averaging the base power of moves that dealt variable base power damage in the handheld games, fixing what moves he can (modifying Splash to deal no damage), etc...
Most improved Pokemon: Arcanine
Most Shocking Moment: Omitted, due to no mutual votes for any particular nominee of this category. This category has mainly been used more so for players to reminisce on the past year's events, rather than to reach a consensus on any particular moment.
Most Memorable Moment: Refer to above.

Just to clear up some ambiguities, in the counting process:

[*]If more than one nominee was voted in a category, the vote credits have been split equally for all nominees included. For example, if 2 nominees were voted in the same category, on the same ballot, both would be credited with 0.5 votes each.

[*]I have discounted votes that are not applicable for the year of 2012. For example, several players have nominated the 2011 Halloween Event as the best event: I did not count those votes, as they did not occur in the year of 2012, which this ceremony is based on.

*note: Naero and I counted them, I did not do it by myself. Credit to Naero for the assistance.

king1234

Youngster
whoa i got most talkative, interesting, :)
guess thanks to all the guys who voted for me :p

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
CyCx many votes for themselves lol... You all forgot that we we're the 2012's guild war champions (elit4). Gratz to the winners !

AFLAX41386

matileo19 said:
CyCx many votes for themselves lol... You all forgot that we we're the 2012's guild war champions (elit4). Gratz to the winners !
CyCx won those despite their votes for themselves being removed.

Naero

matileo19 said:
CyCx many votes for themselves lol...

I just want to state that I have delegated for counting up all of the votes in the guilds section in particular, and during a thorough vote counting process, I have ensured that any guild/guild leader nominee votes, submitted by members of the associated guilds themselves, were omitted from the total vote count -- votes submitted by members of Cryptic Complexity were scrutinized and discarded where needed as well. Although Cryptic Complexity had the most votes from its own member's ballots, compared to any other guild in the awards thread, the guild still had a copious amount of valid votes to win (albeit, not by a landslide as it may have been otherwise). AFLAX already said what needed to be said in that regard. :p

Congratulations to everyone, and kudos to AFLAX for hosting this year's ceremony.

Fionavara

oh WOW noway, hugee surprise, I got both collection and hunter this year??? :D
Thaaaaaaaaanks everyone that voted for me!

Kaiko

Youngster
Congrats to those who all won~

And thanks everyone who had voted for me too <3 :]

rbecca

Lol @ Zebs, nobody else other then you would get that <3
Congratulations to the winners!
If you didn't win something, it doesn't matter. As long as you know who you are and others know who you are, as long as you know you have people who care about you and mean something to you, a contest is really nothing C:
And thanks to whoever voted for me!

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
Nice, last year I was voted best Guild Leader: and ZainPF was in my guild then, now he is Best Guild Leader :p Congrats Zain, but soon with the opening of my new guild with the new playerdex opening I will be coming for that spot back :p

Zain

Youngster
knuckles002 said:
Nice, last year I was voted best Guild Leader: and ZainPF was in my guild then, now he is Best Guild Leader :p Congrats Zain, but soon with the opening of my new guild with the new playerdex opening I will be coming for that spot back :p
Heheh , Teacher and Student ^^

THANKSS SO MUCH KNUCKLES XD and i cant wait for that day!!! better make it quick ;)

Gratz to all the winners, good luck next time to participants ^^

AND THANKS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR ME ^_^ XD!!

Nikola

Youngster
Congratulation to winners. There are many things to overcome. Now...lets march together into new victories ;)

mad30

Youngster
just want to mention i am no longer a ge scripter! or staff member at all, but thanks for everyone that voted for me and congrats to all the winners.

darkdane

Yes!!! I'm the coolest cat in town, Friendliest and Best Daycarer!!! ~ 8)
Thanks everyone for voting for me, love ya guys xp

Yukiro~

Youngster
Thanks, congratz to the other winners, may 2013 bring new surprises. Everyone's a winner, don't need your name on a list to know that.

Faabz.

Youngster
Congratulations to you all :D Let's keep working all together to make this community even better :D

darkdane

Yukiro~ said:
Thanks, congratz to the other winners, may 2013 bring new surprises. Everyone's a winner, don't need your name on a list to know that.
hehe, your right :)

CharManDa

Nice im tied with 2 Awesome players as friendlist Dane And Zebs <3 Gratz to all....
Now Just sad cause Server just crashed haha....