Um...hi.

S

Sakeyaki

I'm Sakeyaki, or Sake. You can call me either, or whatever you want. If any of you guys are/were from Gaia, then you might know me, or you might not.

Anyway, I joined PWO with my boyfriend, Cesious. We're both Pokemon nerds and we got into it, thanks to first gen/Red and Blue when we were both young. Both of us started in the Kanto region together, with him getting Charmander and me getting Squirtle. He's aimed towards dragon types, whereas I'm aimed towards...uh. It's a mess of five different types, let's put it that way.

Outside of all of this, I'm a junior/20 majoring in Computer Science and aiming for a certificate in Digital Media, so thinking about how PWO is coded and all kinda boggles me right now, especially since I started my college life with C++. o_O; I like to figure skate, play tennis, and snowboard, although I haven't gone snowboarding in the past few years due to college life eating up my social life. I've also taken up baking as a hobby recently, but I'm a nub at it.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I think I'd prefer to use the full name, as just saying "Sake" reminds me of the joke about bringing several types of Japanese wine...

You seem like an interesting character, though. I hope you fit in well here.

S

Sakeyaki

Jinji said:
I think I'd prefer to use the full name, as just saying "Sake" reminds me of the joke about bringing several types of Japanese wine...

You seem like an interesting character, though. I hope you fit in well here.
I'm assuming this is more of an inside joke kind of thing? Or am I missing something? x_x

Thank you, Jinji. I have a feeling I will.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Sakeyaki said:
Jinji said:
I'm assuming this is more of an inside joke kind of thing? Or am I missing something? x_x ...
Inside jokes are not really my style; not publicly anyway. The most exclusive my jokes get are ones specifically for Pokémon fans. I was referring to a well-known one liner, which your name reminded me of but which I felt was too lame to actually say: "You there, bring me several types of Japanese wine, and don't get all Sake!"

Sake (or saké as it's pronounced but not usually written) is a type of Japanese alcohol made from rice; but it also sounds like the word "sarky", a shortened form of sarcastic.

S

Sakeyaki

Jinji said:
Sakeyaki said:
Jinji said:
I'm assuming this is more of an inside joke kind of thing? Or am I missing something? x_x ...
Inside jokes are not really my style; not publicly anyway. The most exclusive my jokes get are ones specifically for Pokémon fans. I was referring to a well-known one liner, which your name reminded me of but which I felt was too lame to actually say: "You there, bring me several types of Japanese wine, and don't get all Sake!"

Sake (or saké as it's pronounced but not usually written) is a type of Japanese alcohol made from rice; but it also sounds like the word "sarky", a shortened form of sarcastic.
Ah, alright. Yeah, I've been joked around with my username's nickname about the whole sake thing. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something, or if it was an inside joke or not. But now that I've heard of that joke, I'll...be sure to keep that in mind! (Hooray for being unable to drink legally)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I'm able to drink, but only because I live in a country where the legal age is lower - 18 as opposed to 21. Though in twelve days, that's all irrelevant anyway. And I'm now completely out-of-character. Whatever. I don't really drink much - it's more a social thing. And I've never actually tried Sake, though I'll try anything once.

I'm sorry if I went over your head, but I have a very random sense of humour, as you'll probably quickly discover on this Forum. Many of us do, in fact. PWO is not a very serious community; though you can rely on Staff to step in and give the stern kick of the law whenever it needs delivering. We're all here for the fun though. And really, I was just looking for a point of conversation with which to more personalise my welcome to you - I like to give new people a personal touch, to help them feel more comfortable here in the game, but I don't find everyone's introductions as easy to play from if you get what I'm saying. I like you already, though. You're a smart guy, no doubt.

I'll stop hogging this thread now so others can get in if they want to.

S

Sakeyaki

Jinji said:
I'm able to drink, but only because I live in a country where the legal age is lower - 18 as opposed to 21. Though in twelve days, that's all irrelevant anyway. And I'm now completely out-of-character. Whatever. I don't really drink much - it's more a social thing. And I've never actually tried Sake, though I'll try anything once.

I'm sorry if I went over your head, but I have a very random sense of humour, as you'll probably quickly discover on this Forum. Many of us do, in fact. PWO is not a very serious community; though you can rely on Staff to step in and give the stern kick of the law whenever it needs delivering. We're all here for the fun though. And really, I was just looking for a point of conversation with which to more personalise my welcome to you - I like to give new people a personal touch, to help them feel more comfortable here in the game, but I don't find everyone's introductions as easy to play from if you get what I'm saying. I like you already, though. You're a smart guy, no doubt.

I'll stop hogging this thread now so others can get in if they want to.
Yeah, I remember the days of traveling to countries with lower drinking ages. Wasn't too different though, I didn't really care either way. But anyway, in that case, happy early birthday! I have a feeling I'll be forgetting since I'll start the semester again soon.

You definitely didn't go over my head though. I also really don't mind randomness--I can't think of a time where I have minded a random community.

And no worries! Thank you very much for the warm welcome though. :D

Staryus

welcome to the bet online game i ever seen Hope u enjoy with us

supriz

Youngster
Heartly Welcome U and Ur BoyFren to the world of pokemon..
hope u really njoy it as i do
let me know if u have and trouble or need any info in game..
cya around..