Token Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobfather

I have a small suggestion, which I hope can spark a discussion hopefully resulting in some improvements to the Token Store. As it is now regular pokes are 6, 9, 12, and 15 tokens with a 2 token increase for the "shiny chance" of which many of us have found is next to no chance (not the issue). Many times people will donate here and there over a long period of time, and really just have the worst luck, terrible ivs, and no shinys at all. When a person has membership there is a one token discount on all purchases, great addition, though in the search of that epic or shiny it doesn't quite cut it. I personally find the donation system here rather depressing, unrewarding, and very frustrating. I know PWO absolutely does not wish to become "pay-to-win", though I fail to see how it isn't that way in the first place. People who spam the token store with lots and lots of money are seen waltzing around with that shiny many wish they could have, but never will. As well those that sell tokens, rake in a lot of money, tbh this game is pay(ridiculous amounts)-to-win(get what you want).

Now here is my idea, no change in the shiny chance whatsoever it is fine as is, however make all pokemon bought in token store have shiny chance meaning that the 6, 9, 12, and 15 have shiny chance. Now for the bonus chance, my idea is to change the extra 2 token bonus pokemon to a guaranteed 15+ iv in ALL ivs. With this idea people can get just epic battlers they wish without breaking their own budgets, and shiny chance is just a teensy bit closer. This is a small change, and I feel many people will believe that it will be unfair for those not donating; or that then everyone will have good pokes(lol why not let us all have good pokes ;p). In response I simply say what about those of us that are frequently buying many many pokemon never to get a good one or a shiny, ones we can't even sell. I realize donations are a chance we are taking, I am just asking if we can get a little bit more out of it.

Another idea(though I doubt will ever be appreciated by the majority of the community here just yet) is in pokemon DoD, at the beginning of the month they give out a limited amount of customized pokemon. Where the first to purchase of this limited amount, get a shiny of their choice, with all 31 ivs, and the evs of their choosing. Yeah that idea is absurd and way out there, just thought i'd share ;D

Belemuel

I personally think the token store is fine the way it is.

Also this suggestion makes it seem you want it to be pay to win which isnt the way pwo is.

Also Donation its risk or reward thing so keep in mind you are the one donating and taking the risk of getting a shiny or not.

Belemuel~

Gobfather

Belemuel said:
I personally think the token store is fine the way it is.

Also this suggestion makes it seem you want it to be pay to win which isnt the way pwo is.

Also Donation its risk or reward thing so keep in mind you are the one donating and taking the risk of getting a shiny or not.

Belemuel~

No I do not, if you would kindly reread what I said. I came here to play pokemon, not win...you win in battle. As is it IS pay-to-win, no matter which way you go around that, when you have a store in any game it gives those paying the uperhand... For me personally I do not care about being the best, having what others don't, I would just like to have. I would like to see this in play and this game as is requires a lot of time and insane dedication, or massive luck to get the things you'd like to have. The change I suggest is not a huge difference, only allows those that don't have 24/7 to dedicate to this game, massive luck, or 500 dollars to blow on token store or buying ingame pokemon / selling tokens, to be able to get the things they want. Which would be sure nice ;D

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
You're saying that you only want this advantage for players who don't play as much, who aren't as rich as the players that are currently 'winning the game' with their money. But the fact is that 'they' will also benefit greatly from the change you propose. It would be a major change to the game to allow guaranteed IV pokemon for tokens beyond what there already is. The token IV guarantee as it is has to be constantly monitored to make sure it doesn't have a detrimental effect on the game as a whole. And if we introduced that 'once a month, first in best dressed' token package, it would still be pot luck who scored big on it.

I don't really see any evidence it's pay to win here on most levels. I've rarely donated myself, only a few months membership pretty much over all the years I've been here and I do like that free play is still enjoyable and paying while rewarded doesn't create a huge gulf between f2p and donators.

I'm not sure I see another solution to your concern that donating doesn't (always) get you the pokemon you want, but the change you're asking for I think is too drastic.

Gobfather

I am curious how it would be too drastic? As in how people who are willing to spend money will have higher chances of actually getting good pokemon? :s I myself must have spent over 200 US dollars with nothing to show for(i have bad luck ;D lmao). This is only but a game for fun that people come here to play, not dedicate their lives to in order to get good things. I would just like to see more reward, more accsesibility to good pokemon. The whole mentioning what DoD does, is not to say hey you should do this (that idea would be terrible in pwo with the limited amount of pokemom), but is to show that hey rewarding your donaters (that keep your game going) is not always a bad thing.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
An extra 2 dollars to have guaranteed IV range? You might as well remove the first option as it will never be used again and all token store pokemon will have 15+ IVs. And the probability of uber pokes from the store would also increase- possibly double with only a range of 16 compared to 31 to slot between. That would definitely be a drastic change in policy here and the play to win status of the game as you put it would certainly go up several notches. There is a choice when you use your tokens, you can sell them directly to other players and know pretty much what you are getting in return. That way the other player takes the risk buying pokemon with tokens and you can buy the ones you want ingame with the pokemoney you receive from the trade. Or you can take the chance on the Token Store yourself. The system seems to work well enough, with a balance of good and not so good pokemon coming out of the Token Store- some will just be luckier than others and I don't really think that's avoidable.

Merse

Youngster
I don't like those ideas at all. I think they wouldn't help those who donate only a few dollars, on the contrary! Those who donate hundreds of dollars on a daily basis would become even richer as they would spam all 1+5 IV Pokes on the market. With the +2 token for shiny chance those rich guys are wasting hundreds of tokens with the +2 for SC, without getting a shiny, or even one with decent IVs. But with this suggested new rule, they wouldn't waste any token, all their money would produce something they can sell for millions.
The other suggestion is the same: if there would be granted awesomely epic Pokes in the store, who do you think would be the one who buys the most of them? The one who have a few dollars to buy one Poke, or the one who spends hundreds on the game?
These rules would indeed make PWO a pay to win game...

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
The current minimum IV in place for shinies reflects the game. Currently minimum IVs are not guaranteed in any such form ingame for non-shinies.

Status
Not open for further replies.