Suggestions - Clarification, Rules, Accounts

Shiningamisgirl

Account to Account Trading, Dragons Den, Token Store.
I've been buzzing about Chat etc, and I've heard a lot about people wishing it were easier to transfer their own pkemon and funds over into their other accounts. Many players have more than one account, and having multiple accounts registered to the same email is permitted by ToS. Yet Multi-Clienting is against the rules, and there are many issues that come up regarding it. In bans, false allegations, community watch, in game, etc.

There are two current issues in game that we see quite a bit, a person having more than 1 account online at a time (Bad!), and a person getting scammed while trying to get their pokemon onto their other account so they can advance it (Trade to friend who..wtf they stole my pokes!). Or sometimes it is for storage purposes, as there are people who have more than 1000 pokes in a box/have an organized system they dont want to mess up, and so transfer to their other accounts.

If however, a person could transfer pokemon across owned accounts. Via some other means than in game trading. Naturally both accounts cant be on at the same time, cant both be playing at the same time, but if Trading via playerdex/a way to trade pokemon to an existing 'username' even when said username is offline.That would be interesting to see. (Include money along with Pokemon, naturally)

Pros: A drop in multi-clienting. Trading paths would be easier to track. Fewer people would get scammed while switching pokes between accounts. Less opportunity for scammers to..well..scam.
Cons: Bots, the freaking bots, abusing the system, because it would make it easier to trade pokes off onto their own accounts. But they'll always be a Con wont they?

I feel that finding a way to have accounts registered to the same email, being allowed to trade across said accounts, would reduce a lot of problems. Multi-clienting wouldn't be such an issue. Bans would be easier to track/issue (for Brennan/Staff, as its reallll easy to see a person trading stolen/hacked goods, into their own accounts, and then you could just multiban), false reporting of multi-clienting would go down, etc.

I say that the account-share/trade/exchange, needs to be regulated via email. No multi-email account trading, just same email. I'm not sure how all of this would be achieved, I'm no coder. I do know however that 'guild banks' are in the system, and they do seem to work..somewhat..Maybe that particular existing system could be played off or used? It might give guilds more use if one could use them in that manner -a better manner- To transfer pokemon and funds into same owned accounts.

Dragons Den - Battle Towers, Elite 4, Lance!!

Thats right! A Battle Tower/Elite 8! Where to put such an amazing thing though? Why in Dragons Den of course! The set up is already there. The Dragon Dojo Master, the huge tower in the middle of a lake. A supposed dungeon deep underground containing terrible dangerous things! It's the perfect story line/plot/new feature that wouldn't need constant looking after (like an event would.) Once it would be done, it'd be done, no more maintenance, and it'd be something else to keep people busy after CC Caves. Plus, and heres the joy of it, people would have already needed to gain access to DDen in order to get to it. That means a person who's gotten a surfboard, 25 wins, and all that other stuff, thats a lot of in game time!

I suggest there be no Pokemon here. Only npcs, 1 npc per lvl, 9 lvls. Were talking mazes, battles, travel down a deep dark hole! The final npc would of course be Lance and his amazing battle dragon team. What fills up the in-between spaces is up to you. Also, no Pokemon center allowed in this tower. None. In order to advance to the bottom you have to beat the lvls in order (bring lots of revives and heals!). If you exit or die - Wait time, or Start all over. Challenges man, all the challenges!

Token Store:
Again with me rolling on about the revamp I feel it needs..Both in pokemon (not talking about adding 4th gen! No!) and Evolution item updates.
A Pokemon is only as good as its final evolution. Staff have been exceedingly generous with the events! Soothe bells, Metal coats! Reapers Cloths! Now some of those items are still in token store. Items like Reapers Cloth, Ancient Tablet, an Shiny Stone, however..are absent. This makes Duskulls, Togepis, and Piloswines weak and sad..so sad..Look at their tears! Add more evolution items to the token store! (Really just those three actually.)
Now I could go on and on and on..and on..about pokemon, but, you guys know -shifty eyes- Remove some, keep others, etc. :)

Below is a list of previous, old stuff, much of which has been addressed, or at least considered and viewed. It's good to keep a log though! Sane even!

Ban Hammer Stuff: TLDR
Original Topic
-rolss back innn-

Now..For a while I thought my view on ban's and how the were handed out was pretty clear cut, black and white even! I totes had strong feelings on the bans and which type of players were deserving of them!

I have however, recently, realized that there are some flaws in the system. Flaws that I was previously unaware of. Not human errors, so much as the capabilities of this game -since it is still beta- and I've revised some of my own policy..towards those that get banned.

Firstly, I realize there are two TOS descriptions, and one Game Rules section. Both on the main site, and in the Wiki.
1: TOS
2: Wiki ToS
3: Game Rules

The descriptions are fairly clear about many things. Where I feel Clarity lacks is in the 'Types of Bans Handed out'.

Where is the list of bans a person can receive? The repercussions? If there is protocol, and all the staff must follow same exact protocol (depending on their department, powers and position as staff), shouldn't we know what this protocol is?

For instance, it's been made very clear that without Screen Shots, Pokemon ids, or video, a person cannot make a claim of wrong doing against another person. The staff cannot look into it if there is no proof of any actions. Visual or otherwise. Hearsay and 'he said she said' is not allowed here.

I believe there should be an in forums/wiki/main site, list. of types of bans, and that the bans should be described. The punishment should also be described for the offenses. Except for those offenses which are judged on a case by case basis.

Account Bans:
Hacking Bans:
Botting Bans:
IP Bans:
Ban Evasion Bans:
Harassment Bans:
Permanent Bans:
Forced Evolution Bans:
Scammer Bans:
Multi-Clienting Bans:
So on and So on.

People sadly..can be derps. They should know what types of punishments they can receive, as a deterrent. Listing consequences is great! Some ppl don't care about consequences, some people think they can get around the all seeing eyes. Lets work to dispel that sort of illusion of safety, and the idea that those who would do wrong, could outsmart the system. By letting them know, that you already know, and will take these sorts of actions and counteractions against them.

The staff need not list the types of illegal programs used, or show their proof, as it is in our best interest to know that they have the proof and other staff to verify said proof. There is more than one person looking at anything at any given time, and if someone is upset with how things went down, they can request another set of eyes to look it over.

Now I understand it is at each staffs discretion to hand out whatever length or type of ban they feel best suits the crime. Unless..it's not.

Is there a set punishment, for a set crime, and does this punishment adhere to every crime of the same nature? Is there any exception to the rules, any leniency depending on the type and severity of the crime committed?

For example. If I Multi-Client (which is clearly against the rules) But only use this method to trade between myself and my other accounts. Not for the sake of doing anything illegal, but because I want to clear up storage issues, organize my pokemon, get certain avitars to a certain point in the game for my own reasons. What type of reprimand would I receive? If I'm doing nothing illegal with these accounts (which could easily be monitored) Doing nothing other than trading with myself, should I be reprimanded at all?

In the rules it mentions trading over items/using the accounts to obtain items/obtain multiple starters.
Right now, item trading really is out. Directly at least. Now if one of my accounts has a Dragon scale, and another a Seadra, why couldn't I use myself to evolve my own Pokemon? Or say I wanted to clear up storage space, and move my pokemon to an account I would use as storage, because I wanted said pokemon, but also wanted to hunt more. Maybe I want all my shiny pokemon pretty in one place, and my derp pokes pretty in another.

What, in fact, is the purpose of allowing multiple accounts to exist on this game under the same email? Is it so that players can get a fresh start if they screw up and get banned? Or was there another intention to it originally?

The client is of course the issue in this, and the playerdex, which will be here eventually! (Dont rush, we love you guys!) Until then however, there is no way to trade pokes over to accounts. Unless of course you use a third party, which is even worse in my opinion. It risks getting scammed, transferring pokemon you didn't know were illegally obtained, etc etc. Yet it is not illegal to use a third party to transfer pokemon across accounts, so long as both of your accounts are not on and playing at the same time. This sadly is a dangerous affair. Trusting in a third party, or offering help to someone who asks for a transfer, as you never know what your getting into.

I feel there needs to be standards set, and standards shown. Inflexible standards for some offenses, and more flexible standards for others. Some things need to be judged on a case by case basis, others, not so much.

IP Bans: If 10 ppl are sharing the same IP and one of them does something so terribly illegal that it requires an IP ban, are all accounts on said IP automatically banned? Even if each account is owned by a separate human, and none were in league with the original offender, or accomplices to the acts or crimes committed? Would a person, by default of having the same IP, if innocent, automatically suffer the same fate as the guilty?

Pokemon Exchanges:
Does having a banned accounts Pokemon, a friends, whom you did not know was committing crimes, automatically make you an accomplice to said crimes? It's like buying a stolen care, and then ending up in trouble for it, because you didn't know the guy who sold/traded it to you, had stolen it in the first place. What if the car was yours, said guy used it in a robbery, would you then be unable to retrieve it? (Of course..these aren't cars were talking about, their pixels, pokemon pixels..Either its a lesson in 'trust no one and nothing', or a lesson in, depend on the staff to return to you whats yours. Naturally there's the need to provide proof that said thing was yours, but how much proof should be needed? An id, A screen shot and an ID? A voice recording and video and multiple messages and all trade records?)

What about all those daycare's who end up with Pokemon from banned owners? Because said owner sent the Pokemon over to be taken care of, and got banned during the care process, and the daycare naturally, was not paid for services rendered. Which many of them get to keep said pokes because the owner was banned, and they didn't get paid, the poke is now the consolation, and now officially their property.

Harassment Bans: I noticed that..and this is the rule, and therefor everyone should be careful about what they say (Plus its a kids site and the rules are very clear on all things pertaining to this!) But! Screen Shots, are key, sometimes they seem the perfect tool, but other times...

I believe that if a screen shot is taken of someone harassing another player, the full screen shot of the harassment needs to be shown. Not just cut out sections of a conversation, or parts of a whole. For all one knows, the reason the reaction was garnered (though really when you get mad enough to do those sorts of things, you should just log off) was because the player was initially provoked, but did not feel the need to screen shot the provocation. Therefor the provoker, being more clever in that moment, has the proof, and the upper hand, and can get the player a slap on the wrist...ban..etc..Regardless of how things went down. (Though again, it shouldn't ever get to that point.)

Newer Suggestion: Regarding my opinion on Breeding. LDR.
Main Thread Link -Wai u no click?

My personal view on breeding, if it ever were to be implemented.

01 - Money amount. Not 1m. What if I just want a really good IV rat, or tangela, or ponyta?

02 - All Pokemon must be born into baby forms.

03 - The result will be always a pokemon Lv5.

04 - Only two Pokemon of the same breed can breed together. (Two arcas, two dragos, etc)

05 - Both Pokemon must be the same lvl. That lvl must be 99. (Which means yes, people will have another reason to lvl their Pokemon, finally!)

06 - A breeding pass must be obtained via Quest. (Create a quest, pass, etc. Let's make some official breeders!)

07- Breeding can only be done in designated breeding areas, after finishing all requirements. (The daycare? Somewhere.)

08 -A breeding has a chance at failure. (Remember the original game, where some pokmeon, even M and F of same species, would simply hate each other, and not breed? Yeah. Implement that. Breeding failure ratio.)

09 - If both parents are non-shiny Pokemon, the child will be non-shiny. (Genetics ppl, genetics. A rock + a rock does not = a diamond.)

10 - To get an S chance, both parents need to be S.

11 - No S Guarantee with S Pokemon breeding. How about that chance at S be the same chance number as Token store pokemon. (Not same iv's, same chance rate as spending extra tokens to get shiny poke.) So if you breed together 2 S pokemon, there is a very low chance the offspring will also be S. Though it could have good IV's like an S. (The market shouldn't be Iv based anyhow. There need to be more factors to it, other than IV's.)

11-1/2 - S Pokemon Offspring, whether or not they are S, must have Iv's that mimic S Pokemon. (Not token store S, but in game caught S-S. That means 28+ In areas.)

12 - Ditto can be used, but only with non-S pokemon (Unless said ditto is S). Higher chance of poke breeding failure due to transformation fail.

13 - Breeding moves are allowed. (Big thnx to Lumins n Hitmonfonts for explaining this one to me!)

14 - Token store Pokemon cannot breed. (Le gasp! No S token pokes breeding! No metagross babies! Noooo! Yeah, no Token Store Breeders.)

15 - Only currently in game Pokemon can breed. (No UO's, no UC's.)

16 - I believe Seasonal breeding would be something cool to implement. (Certain Pokemon can breed at certain times, months, seasons, etc.)
My rant: Regarding Disclosure and NPCS.
Original Thread: Why would you lookit that? A link!

Disclosure to the Players:
Now in most MMO's, the developers, staff, etc. Do not inform the players of 'minor changes', they are low impact, and the players find out about them after said changes have been made. Major changes, naturally, are announced to the community. Pwo sadly is still in BETA. Which means testing, which means, I assume..that the staff want constructive feedback on the changes. Whether or not they work, how it effects the player base, etc.

The staff however, more often then not. Wishes to see us in discussions. To hear our opinions, and know what we'd like to see in the game -whether or not said things are actually possible to implement- Discussion is good! Unless, however. What is being discussed is impossible. That's just philosophizing, theorizing..etc...

I feel, that, if the team is going to ask our opinion, etc. On certain topics, subjects, blah. Then they should also inform us of what can, and can not be done, with the client we have. (I'm not talking about anything that requires a new client to exist. Simply what can be done with the client we currently have. Nothing to do with Hoenn, the Playerdex -which I've heard requires new client?- Nothing that can't happen!)

A list should be made of said things -what can and can not be worked on, implemented, changed, fixed-. So that when we do have any sort of discussion. It's meaningful, helpful even! Instead of us running around like chickens without heads clucking (gurgling?) at you the staff, about our wants/needs, whaaa whaa whaa. All that nonsense.

The list does not necessarily need to be a priority list, nor do you need to do anything about the items on said list. -after all we all know you guys have you're own personal line up of what does and does not need to happen when- It's more of a , so we the players know, and arent running around asking for things that 'cant' happen yet.

NPC Changes: Edit - Include NPC Turn OFF/ON option.
Ultimately I don't feel that Npc's need to yield more PKmoney. I feel they need to yield more exp. Though yielding more pkmoney to new players would be helpful. Theres the idea of inflation to consider..but assuming Tokens and Botters are in thorough circulation, Inflation is already an issue. Solve it by making NPCs as good as Hunting, take away the Botters advantage. People need another way to get their Pokemon to 99.

Honestly it would lower market prices for some Pokemon, raise them for others, cut down on funds/pokemon held in bot accounts. Cause why buy it when you can take care of you're own? Doing this would also give the old players a reason to want to battle NPCS again! Instead of avoiding them like the plague.

Npcs are an integral part of any MMO. Secondary to the main plot and players, but still important. As of now. Npcs are ANNOYING and SUCK.

Newbies whine about the 2 week limit, cant lvl/gain money fast enough to get a surf board or to ever catch up to more wealthy players. Old players utterly despise them, and go out of the way to avoid them, because by time you're at that lvl NPCS give soooo little that you'd rather not ever see one again at all, then trudge through any. (I've noticed that it's very easy for players to avoid npcs. That's fine if you're just playing to hunt, sell, catch S and boss iv pokes, but what about ppl who want to play for fun? Who want a battle that's not PVP?)

Let it be known that PVP battles can be rather harsh, to the inexperienced, and are generally not newbie friendly. -unless said new player has a very well put together team of a certain lvl/ multiple lvls. 10's, 15's, 30's, 50's, 99's, all popular battle and tournament/player held unofficial event, lvls.

The fact is, a lot of issues with the market, and other noted areas, might be able to be solved if the NPCs got a fix. I have in fact heard players say, that they hate NPCS because they get in the way of Hunting, and feel that the best and only way to lvl a Pokemon, should be through tedious grind and hunting. Naturally grinding is part of any MMO, but only when it yields proper rewards, or when the profit of grinding is worth the tedium. I'm not sure that it is here, and feel some NPCs need to be updated, or at least randomized? Can they re-spawn battles at random times? Can they gain more lvl's than they do after one's completed an area? (I go from Johto to Kanto. Why do all the NPCS stay weak in Kanto? Shouldn't they match up with the level I should be at? Not Gyms, just, normal NPCS. No saying it's for training purposes. That's what wild Pokemon are for.)

Also also alsoooo - Being able to re-battle Gym Leaders, for the challenge of it even, cause the lackeys before the gym leader are generally weaker, much much weaker.

(Note: Part of the issue with Pokemon with boss iv's/S Pokemon, is that in order to obtain, you either hunt or buy. New players cant buy, and generally suck at hunting. Unless they have MS. Old players/Hunters/Collectors, then cannot sell their Pokemon hoards, because no new players can purchase them. The economy becomes stagnant, wealth gets recycled through old systems. Unless luck occurs -like winning the lottery sort of thing, but with a Pokemon find/catch-)

Old Suggestions regarding Pokedex, Surfboards,Token store and Rewording of Languages used. TLDR
Original Thread Link: Again with the Clicking

Pokedex:
What is the purpose of the Pokedex? To fill with pokes of course! What is the incentive or reward though...
Sure there's pure drive, passion, and borderline obsession with some people. With the rest however; there is no incentive to go and catch, buy, obtain via trade, token store, in any way or sort, the Pokemon in the dex (and I'm not talking the nonexistent ones). No reward = No incentive, no purpose. True there is the little ball that shows up under names in forums..but as it was pointed out to me recently. Forums are not attended to by the general populace. Gerneral populace being anyone who just want's to 'beat' the game, and move on.

Surfboards Requirements:

Yeah...Just like you don't need one to get to a gym, shouldn't need one to get between regions, or should at least lower the price. As a gold sink item; it's a terrible one. One that has a much better replacement in trains, bikes, CC caves. As the only players spending money on it, are new ones. Older players (though there are some generous ones!) Aren't going to be very likely to part with 100k. Neither is anyone saving up for that special poke/train tickets/poke balls/escape ropes..etc..They're planning on spending it on. It may however work as a hindrance to people who are making multiple accounts (and newcomers), but once you can trade, you can trade, and the Surfboard is once again pointless.

I would suggest..since the Train Pass is already a quest..and you now have trains in Viridian,etc..How about making that the goal? It'll force players to do the train pass quest off the bat, and then allow them to go on into Viridian, which is the starting point of the Kanto journey for Johto'ers anyhow. (Not sure yet how that would translate for Kanto Starters..) They'll then have something to spend the 10k they receive from the Train pass quest on. Like train tickets. Then the Surfboard could really be a luxury item, and you could leave it 100k (if done that way). Otherwise..do away with it? It's just that trains seem like a faster easier fix since they're already there. They don't have to allow the player to go to other train stations (Silver town for beginners, Saffron,etc) until they've done x,y,z, gotten their Union Pass, whatever.

Token Store and 'Buying' Membership: Name changes needed!
This is a donation site. Non-Profit. I get that, but many people seem to have difficulty with the concept. I feel the reason, may be..The lingo. I've seen one too many stupid arguments over 'why is it named that? But you buy it? Blah blah..etc. Ech..I think most of this stuff has to do with the way things are worded in the playerdex. Not so much the wiki..Why does no one read the wiki!?

Instead of Buying/Purchasing Membership: Membership Gifting, Membership Bundling, Membership Package, Membership Trade In, Membership Exchange, Token-ship.Wan't to become a member? Use your gift tokens HERE ---->. Membersclusiveness!
Don't know..don't care, but the word BUY, has got to go. In my opinion. This is all optional of course, as I've never had problems with any of these particular things, but I'm tired of hearing about it.

In stead of Token Store: Token Exchange/Token Donation/Gift Exchange/ Pokemon Token Exchange/ Token Trade In Area/Gift Trade. Token Toys! - Anything that does not reference to 'purchasing,buying,spending money towards something in a way that can be confused with a For profit organization, vs non profit.' Especially since, with a persons 'donation' They are already obtaining tokens in the amount of whatever they donated. To then use these gifted tokens to 'buy' anything, is confusing, and might make the consumer think 'but didn't I just spend money on this!? Whai I buy again, me no get!'

Also, in the token store gift donating area, where you use the paypal with the playerdex..I would make it abundantly clear, that one should make sure of 'whom' they are donating to, before they donate anything. It should also be made even more clear that once you donate to yourself, those donations are yours, and can not be donated over to someone else. I know you guys go over all of this in the wiki, but people don't read the wiki. They will however be reading the playerdex in their faces, right before donating. Heck, put it in HUGE RED LETTERS, even. "BE AWARE THAT ONCE YOU DONATE YOU CANNOT UN-DONATE/TRADE TO ANOTHER PLAYER. DONATIONS MUST BE MADE TO THE ACCOUNT YOU WISH TO SEE RECEIVE THE TOKENS. IF YOU ARE TRADING TOKENS TO XXXX DO NOT GIFT THEM TO YOURSELF!" Something like that. -shrugs-

Spawn Rates Novel Posting: Regarding Spawning, Marketplace, Player Base, Pokemon and Community types. TLDR.

Original Thread Link: Click Here
Secondary Discussion Link: More Clickage

Lady Teck you genius! -spams love at- Sneaky. I knew you guys were cooking something up. Love it! Don't care what you guys do with it! Since however, you're asking for opinions..for when you're changing whatever it is you're changing. Names..rates..etc.

I am btw, super duper DUPER excited for all of this! I won't mind seeing Pokemon Lvls, rates, map positions, changed. Especially since none of the rates mattered for us before anyhow! -always thought the map placement of some pokes was odd as well-. I'm glad the names will be changed as well (HR is still horribly rare for me!) Honestly..whether or not people know the rate's of a Pokemon. People will still hunt specific ones. The market doesn't even play into it as heavily as battling and collecting does. After all, who buys from the sellers? The consumers. It might change "Where" they hunt, but it certainly wont change "What" they're hunting. Especially if they aren't hunting at all.

A few thoughts of my own, for when/how the changes do go into effect.

What rules the Pokemon World? Depending on the types, there are three, and they are all vitally different.

PVP Battle Pokemon Iv's and Shinys. Can also be really Op or reaaallly low Type disadvantage. (Slaking anyone? S Stars? Scizor? Sabeleye?)
Gym Beating Pokemon - Can be anything, and be total CRAP, but must win against gyms. Usually high lvl freebies.
Collection Pokemon - Must be Shiny, HR, UC, etc. Maybe trying to get all Pkdex. Or all of a rarity type in S form (All S R's, all S Vr's.) Iv's don't matter. Either because it's just there to be collected, or because it's an S!!

Rarity Rates Across Regions: Can this be fixed? Safari zones may be excluded. Safari's should also maybe see an update, some new attractions to the zoo? Removals of old pokes? (Like Scyther, Rats, etc.)

I've never quite understood how/why the rarity of Pokemon -whatever they have been- varies so much between regions, Zones, Towns, etc. Why one Pokemon is VR or HR in one area, and yet Common in another? (Growlithe and Horsea for example.) Now this would make sense, if it only applied to Pokemon specific to, or only able to be found/caught in, said region. If of course it is specific to the region, then shouldn't it be equal rarity across the region? To 1: Keep mass people from hunting in a tiny area for 1 Pokemon (Snorlax...), and 2 give people a reason to move through the region. Traffic flow and all that jazz. If it's the same everywhere, even if it's only region specific, then players will be everywhere. Instead of pacing in small areas. (Daycares excluded).

Pikachu for example. Why is he HR on Rt. 2, and yet VR in Powerplant? (Even if the measurements are meaningless or skewed) The natural answer is because 'duh Elec poke in the Powerplant', but if that's the case why put him in Viridian forest at all? You certainly don't need it to beat Brock or Misty. (Unless this has something to do with the GBA Versions story line.) Has he been caught there? Absolutely, but who would waste the time when he's far easier to spawn in another area. Most other players knowing this, would advise against hunting him seriously there (and there are some serious hunters). When they are more likely to spawn one, or an S version, in the Powerplant. Especially since there is also a chance to find and catch Elekid in the Powerplant, should you miss out on Pika.

Broken Pokems and Commons:
Part of what makes PWO what it is. Besides the wonderful community. Is the Pokemon themselves. Not only 'how rare is it?', but also, 'how well does it do in PvP?', 'do any of it's moves work?' and let's not forget'is it Shiny?'. Sometimes the market plays in "How much is this worth?" Though the market is known to change rapidly; always in flux. No matter the Pokemons rarity, if it's broken. It's broken. The only people that will actively seek it out, are Collectors and Hunters looking to sell to Collectors.

A Ditto for example, unless shiny, will go for nothing on the market. The same goes for Sneasles, Slowkings, S Rats, etc. Do they go for something? Sure! As much as a wanted shiny Pokemon or a decent gym/pvp battle pokemon? Nope. Heck people give away S Bats and Rats for free! They are..that terrible.

A Horsea and Mareep for another, two common Pokemon. Go for different rates. Why? Because Mareep/Amphros is undesirable in PvP battles (compared to other elec types) unless of course, it's Shiny. Horsea/Kingdra, is a much better PvP battler, more people want it for that purpose and so it goes for more, but ONLY if it has decent IV's, or is Shiny. Even when both of them are Shiny however, the price is different. S Amphs can go for much more than an S Kingdra. Less S Amphs exist, even though both types are Common. Likely because more people actively hunt S Horseas (PvP, and Selling purposes). Maybe also because less people are actively lvling, Daycaring in Mareep areas? Though it also seems to be that less S Mareeps are encountered than S Horseas; even when actively hunting them.

HR Rating:
HR, whatever the rating of it. Isn't always effective. I've seen players multiple HR's spawn in an hour. While a person in the same area will encounter 0 within a multitude of hours. Maybe it's luck? Maybe the rates are odd? Maybe it's bots? Who knows! What we do know is that MS does not/never has/will(hopefully) increase catch/spawn rate. Only Shiny encounter rate. So MS cant be the problem, and if the spawn/catch rate is stagnant, then it can't be the problem. So the system is obviously wonky, needs some changing. How does luck, and random map generation factor in?

Which reminds me: Types of Players.The Community.

Collectors/Hunters: The collectors want..everything..Every stage of every Pokemon in every color of the rainbow that this game has to offer. There are exclusively players who seek only to catch/own what everyone else says is impossible. All S rares, all S Vr's, even All S Hr's and UC's (if it were possible). The collectors aim to keep. Hunters often aim to sell. Especially if they get something good with good Iv's. Heck, sometimes even if it has bad iv's. (They enjoy having/Donating for Membership!)

Daycare's/Levelers: People who's sole purpose is to level their own, or other Peoples Pokemon. All they do is level, to whatever level desired, in whichever areas are best for that Pokemon type. You'll almost always find 'em where the best exp is given. (Npcs, Gyms, Mt. Silver, DD..etc.) They don't care about encountering Pokemon, so much as they care about killing em. Not that they won't catch the occasional S or HR..Though I've noticed some of the most desired S's, and HR's are also in some of the areas that give the best exp. Clever! (They also enjoy having/Donating for Membership!)

Battlers : They want the HIGHEST Iv's, the SHINIEST shiny's, the best fighters in the game! (Which depending on move sets, broken moves, availability, change frequently.) The battlers have a big hand in changing buying market rates. They're as much a consumer as collectors are (unless collectors are also hunters). They're the players kicking out the money to purchase poke's, hire Daycare's, buy those elusive super shiny pokes, and put in the time to get them to lvl (whichever) if they can't afford a daycare afterwards.

General Populace: They're usually very new, and here for the fun of it! They don't necessarily care about the market..catching, hunting, S's. They just wanna beat the game! Get all the gyms, do all the quests..and then what? Leave usually. They played the game, they beat what there was of it to be beat; they might come back occasionally for an event, but that's it.

Token store and Existing Pokemon:
It should also be noted that Token donations, and what kind of Pokemon are available in the token store. Have some hand in this. If you are looking to effect the market, etc.

Crobats(what is a soothe bell for?) , kabutos, omanytes. Hitmonlee's, Chans, Makuhitas. etc. Not UC? In the game in multitudes? Keeping them in the Token store would only make sense if there were none circulating in game. Maybe have token store 'special releases'. Umbreon for example, is in game now, shuppets too. How low do they go? Only the Iv's know. I know better than to donate if I can get one another way though. If you take them away from token-donation however..and re-release them later? -shrugs- Maybe only take out certain pokes during event/quest times? Then put em back out when they're done and over with.

It might give people incentive to look at the forums, announcements..Remember what a wiki is for..

To keep things interesting. Maybe consider removing completely Broken/Useless Pokemon from token store. Unknowns for example, a collector might donate for one, might even donate for a S version. That's one type you're drawing in, but the rest of the people? What would they want with it? Maybe along with removing, and doing special things with some Pokemon in game (Snorlax, Kabu, etc) You could also remove totally broken Pokemon from the game. Until such a time as their moves are fixed/they have a purpose/event/quest/etc. (That does not include totally broken pre-evolutions, such as abra. Which becomes usefully after training. Unlike Ditto, Smeargle.)

Though I do understand keeping them, for the collectors....Maybe throw em into the safari in place of Rats?

Also..and I do realize, that the spawn rate and catch rate are two completely different things. One determines the amount of a type of poke that shows up in any given area..and the other determines how difficult they are to get. If you're gonna change one though, why not change both? Simultaneously? Shouldn't a catch rate reflect upon the rarity of the Pokemon? It shouldn't take 20+pkballs to catch a rat of any kind. It should take double or triple that to catch something even more rare. If that thing spawns at all..or overspawns in some cases.

For anyone who has fears of market issues, catching/Spawn rate issues,etc...I wouldn't. If we never truly knew the rarity rates (which according to Teck they've always been off, and we never knew. Oh The Lies!!) Then if they make changes to them, whatever they are, they wont effect us any more than not knowing the rates before effected us. Heck, who knows if we'll even notice! They also wont be likely to effect the market any more than an event does. A good free market is a self regulating one, laissez-faire and all that. Since there is no government to regulate and set our prices. All of that stuff is player set.