something that I've been missing since ive came back

Arnie

Don't get me wrong, this game has come up in leaps and bounds in the last 6 months or so, and the staff groups are very active creating new content, and that's great :) but there's 1 thing i miss more than my old composed music...and thats the AuctionHouse

For those who don't know the Auctionhouse was basically a hub ingame where you could buy and sell/auction pokemon. it was useful, cut out quite a bit of the spam on the trade channels and it was easy to use.

I can understand why it was removed, there were game-breaking bugs with it, sometimes un-chosen pokemon got posted (lawl reminds me of the time Shadowwolf accidentally sold his Mewtwo on there ).

But this game doesn't feel the same without some form of one, it nearly reminds me of what it was like before, when the game was much worse and we still had to use Kyro's VB client...sometimes makes me shudder just thinking about it.

i was wondering therefore how close are we to getting something vaguely similar?

Orean

Website
twitter.com
The closest reimplementation to such a feature — one that has already been in a in-development stage for a while — would be playerdex's medium of the Auction House, which is planned to be released in the upcoming batch of playerdex updates.

Due to how short-handed the game was with in the developmental department at the time the development of playerdex's auction house began, from what I was explained to by other longer-seniority staff members, plans for fixing the in-game Auction House were renounced, as it was not believed to be fixable with the resources and the availability of developmental staff at the time.

This may or may not have changed at all (if client-server communication issues were one of the causes of lost Pokemon, it may still be an on-hold plan), but the playerdex's version of the auction house is undoubtedly closer to its release than a correctively redeveloped version of the in-game auction house. Depending on how well-received/popularly utilized the playerdex's auction house may turn out to be, depending on the community's perception of it, the in-game auction house may be re-examined—one of the notable drawbacks of playerdex's auction house, due to how playerdex's server may overwrite saves performed by the game server, is that you will be required to log out from the game to use the feature.

Arnie

i was actually well aware of the auctionhouse's short-comings (being staff (well mostly MOD which was loosely based on the CG rank today) back then myself).

Grchw

I miss market Sooo much. Can't wait. Post a poke, and just wait till $$$ is on your account, buy it or bye bye, no need to listen "maybe you want zubat for your eevee" "5$ is a little too much for S snorlax". And you could get idea of pokes price from other offers, now everything is setted in pms.