Names and Sprites!

Shanamaria

Hello :) Just thought I'd give in a couple suggestions if that's okay?
1: Nicknames for our Pokemon
2: Different male/female Sprites to choose from

That's all for now but if I think of anything else I'll post back here.
Feel free to post your own here too :D

Merse

Youngster
I always thought that the "Suggestions" subforum should be there for suggesting something that is not obviously the intention of the game... As PWO is there to give the full Pokemon experience in an MMO game, I think it is obvious that every featureof the original games are intended to be eventually implemented...

Isguros

Youngster
That sooner or later there will be both nicknames and different sprites in PWO.

Shanamaria

That's good :) I PM'd Bluerise on whether I'd be allowed to advertise this site on other websites like by using banners that direct to the homepage and/or post flyers in my hometown. I never got an answer yet and I'm afraid to just go ahead in case it's illegal or something lol.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Shanamaria said:
1: Nicknames for our Pokemon
Probably will happen (never been discussed if I recall), though I would be against implementing them currently. Plus we'll need an interface which is likely to be done via Playerdex.

2: Different male/female Sprites to choose from
[yt]Cst3Zy5RWNQ[/yt]

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Merse said:
I always thought that the "Suggestions" subforum should be there for suggesting something that is not obviously the intention of the game... As PWO is there to give the full Pokemon experience in an MMO game, I think it is obvious that every featureof the original games are intended to be eventually implemented...

The Suggestion Forums are a clean slate. The idea is that even if we've heard it before, a fresh look and open discussion on it could bring out something new and useful. Also with this being a new forum we have yet to have any repeat suggestions and I think that a single search of this forum would be all we should expect of players before making any suggestion here. It's all new! 8)

Shanamaria

@Bluerise why would you post such a video? That's mean. Is it not your job to make new users feel welcome and not to ridicule them? How do you ever expect to keep your players if you treat them like a joke? I'm only trying to fit in here.

nemo55

Shanamaria said:
@Bluerise why would you post such a video? That's mean. Is it not your job to make new users feel welcome and not to ridicule them? How do you ever expect to keep your players if you treat them like a joke? I'm only trying to fit in here.

Shana visit our guild chat, get to know some new people. We will gladly accept you and we can share opinions about future happenings/speculations/events etc...

Join http://xat.com/stormpwo to get to know us. As for Bluerises video, it was pretty darn hilarious, I don't think you should take it personally.. :p

Shiningamisgirl

Shanamaria said:

Yus Shana! Please go to Nemos guild. Please.

Lul, I don't think sarcasm or fun has managed to find a way to translate well across the net. Blue isn't ridiculing you. Trust me. Allow me to illuminate, while I pontificate about the possibilities! Some history on PWO is necessary really. I'd go check out the PWO Wiki, and information in these forums. Fact is, this is a site that is 5+yrs old, and still in beta. There are many important things that Blue and the others spend a lot of hard work on. (A list longer than my usual writing sprees.)

Now if you have an issue with your personal sprite! -directs to art forums- You can download and implement different sprites, it's done manually, and only you can see them, but it is an alternative option to having the game creators make up sprites for you. Yey you can have your own unique sprite! Woo!

Fact number 2 - Even in the original Pokemon games. You only got 1 sprite. Male or Female, based on the generation of that game. Given that this game is only up to Gen 3 (4 if you count token Pokemon) The sprites available make sense in relation to where we are in the games. (We're only kind of up to Sapphire, Ruby, etc.)

Sprites are more visual aesthetic than an actual issue. This isn't a dress up site, and you can have your own personal signatures and avitars -points to self and others-

Names were also in the original game. I'm kinda glad they don't have them here -though it'd be nice, again, it's not an issue so much as aesthetic- I'm glad they don't have them because then.Imagine trading. You'd have to change that Pokemons name all over again. (Though weren't names not changeable in the original game if you got a Pokemon traded? It was stuck with that name?)

Enjoy the game!

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Shanamaria said:
It wasn't intended to come across as mean. Its actually a different approach to giving a certain answer. :-*

Shiningamisgirl

Bluerise said:
Shanamaria said:
It wasn't intended to come across as mean. Its actually a different approach to giving a certain answer. :-*

Luvd ur approach! Hee hee, that snicker.

Buggot

I want to add on to this, even though it's old:
Maybe once this is out, we can name our already caught pokemon as well, since I don't know if you can do that in the handheld games.
Maybe like: "/name #, newnamehere

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Buggot said:
I want to add on to this, even though it's old:
Maybe once this is out, we can name our already caught pokemon as well, since I don't know if you can do that in the handheld games.
Maybe like: "/name #, newnamehere

Yes, in the original games they have NPCs to rename your pokemon for you, but they won't rename any traded pokemon if you aren't the original owner.

Buggot

So are you going to stick to the traditional games and not be able to name traded pokemon (wary) :p

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Buggot said:
So are you going to stick to the traditional games and not be able to name traded pokemon (wary) :p

That would be decided when the process is actually created. What do you think should happen?

Buggot

I think that as long as it hasn't been nicknamed before, you can nickname. So, it can only be nicknamed once, but by anyone, probably by the command above.
I guess that maybe when the Playerdex is updated, you maybe could rename it for an amount of money. It's probably harder than it looks, but it gives the POkemon games and Pokemon themselves a lot more fun to play and own, especially your usual go-to team :D