Minus Experience

vevenom

I've just entered the game after a long time and all of my starting pokemon have minus experience? It's like all experience they gained since I captured them never happened. But they are still at the same level? Any ideas, anyone?

Pez~

Negative experience happens in evolved pokemon, it is the difference in base exps between the evolved version of a pokemon and the pre evolution version. You just have to train it to be positive again

vevenom

Oh... ok. I guess that's it then. Thanks.

Sorry for double post.

But wait my Onix is pre evolution version and I've just noticed he's got minus exp as well. And it's not a 1000 or 2000 exp my 37 lvl Charizard has -170000/41827(next level) experience and Nidoking has -305351/41189.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
That happened because closer to two years ago now, every Pokémon's EXP and levels were recalculated on the server, because a fault in experience calculation in early versions of PWO meant a large majority of Pokémon actually levelled up too quickly and did not have the correct amount of EXP, which was also affecting some Pokémon's stats. This meant Pokémon in existing accounts ended up losing levels to bring them in line with the proper calculations. However, some Pokémon didn't lose all the levels they were over by, resulting in them being under-experienced. Modern versions of PWO notice this, and show the amount of experience they are under by as a negative number on the Experience bar (which isn't a very user-friendly way of showing it - and I've complained about this a few times myself - but it works). You have to make up the deficit before your Pokémon will begin to level again.