Legendary pokemon

Hostile314

I believe that legendary pokemon should be in the game....How come there's not many pokemon in the game?

PhantomsCV

In a single player game it is understandable for the "human" player to be special and get a chance to change the WORLD and catch legendary Pokemon. In an MMO where there are 200k other "human" players in the exact same world dealing with everything being the same and the "specialness" leaving the player Legendary Pokemon are not Legendary if everyone is running around with them. Basically you're just another trainer playing this game and if Legendaries were catchable they would not be "Legendary". They should and I hope will never be catchable in PWO because of that.

Hostile314

PhantomsCV said:
In a single player game it is understandable for the "human" player to be special and get a chance to change the WORLD and catch legendary Pokemon. In an MMO where there are 200k other "human" players in the exact same world dealing with everything being the same and the "specialness" leaving the player Legendary Pokemon are not Legendary if everyone is running around with them. Basically you're just another trainer playing this game and if Legendaries were catchable they would not be "Legendary". They should and I hope will never be catchable in PWO because of that.

See that's where you're wrong.....there should be a tournament of some sort that if u when u get the legendary pokemon and it should be a long time before the next tournament comes around but I really think that should be for pokemon like Lugia, Ho-Oh, Laquaza, Mew, Mewtwo, and a couple of others. Pokemone like Entei, Suicune, and Raikou should be able to be caught by anyone.

PhantomsCV

Hostile314 said:
PhantomsCV said:

See that's where you're wrong.....there should be a tournament of some sort that if u when u get the legendary pokemon and it should be a long time before the next tournament comes around but I really think that should be for pokemon like Lugia, Ho-Oh, Laquaza, Mew, Mewtwo, and a couple of others. Pokemone like Entei, Suicune, and Raikou should be able to be caught by anyone.

That happened. Twice. Mew and Mewtwo were given out to the winner. the Mewtwo owner was banned and Mew is inactive if I remember correctly.

Also how was I wrong? I just said they SHOULDN'T be catchable.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
It's ultimately intended that all Pokemon are added into the game, once they have a fittable area to habit, or a workable scheme for them to be made obtainable—a scheme that fits well with their lore. We hope to have all Pokemon obtainable in-game eventually, but if they are just thrown in for the sake of content enrichment, without backstory or substance behind them (lore-wise)—which I believe is ultimately undesirable by the majority of the players.

I don't want to rule out the possibility of their addition—Legendary Pokemon may have their own place in the game eventually—but it is unlikely that they'll make their way into the game faster than other Pokemon you've seen already, as the nature of Legendary Pokemon (not just lore-related concerns, but the unparalleled power of many) is controversial; and—as PhantomsCV mentioned—it would deviate from their own special lore if they were made obtainable in an unbalanced fashion.

MMOs are more collectivistic than a single-player setting, thus we need to mindful in how any handheld-game content will affect the community—it's why we consider it beneficial to wait until a more workable idea is devised for Legendary Pokemon to be added (in a balanced manner that also gives a nod to Nintendo's lore), instead of smashing them into the game prematurely and crudely. If a workable scheme (in that sense) is discussed, then that is more plausible, but it's not as simple as implementing them exactly as they were in the handheld games here.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
To be completely frank Creobis, players don't really care about lore as much as you would think. Among the reasons people play PWO I can think of collection, competition, nostalgia, and boredom... but lore isn't something I can say will ever be especially desirable regardless of how well put together the spawns, the back story, or the habitat are. I don't find myself pondering what a haunter is doing in a swamp in the handhelds, I just get excited that it's there and catch it, then I go and check it's iv's. Story line is something that is a limited experience in handheld games, after you defeat the elite4, and do some more small quests there isn't much to do other than breed the perfect pokemon to battle with or trade, and I expect PWO to remain this way as well, regardless of the lore of spawns.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
EcoWOLFrb said:
To be completely frank Creobis, players don't really care about lore as much as you would think. Among the reasons people play PWO I can think of collection, competition, nostalgia, and boredom... but lore isn't something I can say will ever be especially desirable regardless of how well put together the spawns, the back story, or the habitat are. I don't find myself pondering what a haunter is doing in a swamp in the handhelds, I just get excited that it's there and catch it, then I go and check it's iv's. Story line is something that is a limited experience in handheld games, after you defeat the elite4, and do some more small quests there isn't much to do other than breed the perfect pokemon to battle with or trade, and I expect PWO to remain this way as well, regardless of the lore of spawns.

I believe it has always been intended to put a storyline into PWO, from the beginning and beyond any current endings. Obviously other priorities have always been in the way however, the game always having been far from complete even in basic mechanics. But storyline is something we have the potential to take further than the handhelds. They are cartridges and have a beginning and an end, they have to with limited capacity. Here in PWO however with ongoing quests we have the opportunity to take the story beyond where nintendo was able to. And I at least believe we should be aiming to do just that. Ultimately the Pokemon world we travel in is more than just a place to hunt and battle in, it has a lot of story to it and ignoring that is ignoring a great deal of what I'm sure drew many of us in and has kept us interested for so long.

GawertyXL

In my opinion, the story is everything, the day a Pokemon MMO incorporates all of the pokemon with a justifiable storyline for some of these pokemon, is the day I will be forever be hooked.

LordBelemuel

Legendaries should never be allowed to be obtainable in a MMO ruins the aspect of the MMO feeling, as well as if legendaries were obtainable they wouldnt be legends anymore.

Also imagine players running around with legends it looks stupid.

Point is Legends are obtainable in a single player game for a reason.

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
Legendaries shoudln't be catchable by players but i do agree that they should once given a habbit to live in be implemented into the game so that you can do a storyline/quest with them and they be seen in the overworld.