Hr Rates

Saurus

Banned
I didn't know where to post this but this will have to do.

Lately i've become very upset with the horribly rare spawn rates. I want to know what they are because usually it took hours or in hard circumstances atleast a full day to find a horribly rare pokemon. I can't stress this enough but it's RIDICULOUS to look for a pokemon for almost what seems to be 3 days. I had a discussion about this with someone who also believe these rates have been tampered with.

I honestly feel less and less motivated to play this game and I'm sure in time, others will too. Something has to be done about this otherwise i'm quitting the game. And i'm not being harsh or forcing a result or anything, but to hear about people searching for Pokemon for a month is insane. This is REAL LIFE and to spend that much time trying to find one pokemon... I don't even have to say it.

So if you think I am complaining, perhaps I am.

That's all I have to say.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I'm afraid to say that's the nature of an MMO. Nothing will remain 'horribly rare' with thousands of players online for what, tens of thousands of hours every week? Even with the rates they are- at minimum 1/10,000 chance to find a HR pokemon players find them regularly. Individually they are damned hard to find, but we aren't playing alone so the odds aren't considered against one person playing but thousands.

We are reviewing the spawns and the rates at this time, but it is unlikely the rarest pokemon will be any easier to find at the end of it. That rate, even if it does change, will remain a 'ridiculously low' chance.

I have hunted and caught every HR in PWO since I've started. They have taken me from 2 hours to well over 200 hours. To be fair the 200+ hour hunt was for a pokemon that was later found to have a broken spawn rate, lol, but my spending the time hunting it at least was the trigger to discovering that. :) My first dratini took about 180 hours to find, probably my longest hunt of a pokemon that didn't actually have a broken spawn rate.

Not all HRs are the same rate, 1/10,000 is the minimum, and you can hope with one of them it will only take 10-30 hours or with luck even less. But it could still take longer and the rarer ones could take a lot longer. It's just how the game works. I don't want to put you off but if you really don't want the grind I don't see the point in pretending it is any different.

Saurus

Banned
HitmonFonty said:
I'm afraid to say that's the nature of an MMO. Nothing will remain 'horribly rare' with thousands of players online for what, tens of thousands of hours every week? Even with the rates they are- at minimum 1/10,000 chance to find a HR pokemon players find them regularly. Individually they are damned hard to find, but we aren't playing alone so the odds aren't considered against one person playing but thousands.

We are reviewing the spawns and the rates at this time, but it is unlikely the rarest pokemon will be any easier to find at the end of it. That rate, even if it does change, will remain a 'ridiculously low' chance.

I have hunted and caught every HR in PWO since I've started. They have taken me from 2 hours to well over 200 hours. To be fair the 200+ hour hunt was for a pokemon that was later found to have a broken spawn rate, lol, but my spending the time hunting it at least was the trigger to discovering that. :) My first dratini took about 180 hours to find, probably my longest hunt of a pokemon that didn't actually have a broken spawn rate.

Not all HRs are the same rate, 1/10,000 is the minimum, and you can hope with one of them it will only take 10-30 hours or with luck even less. But it could still take longer and the rarer ones could take a lot longer. It's just how the game works. I don't want to put you off but if you really don't want the grind I don't see the point in pretending it is any different.

I wasn't aware the mininum was pushed up by 2000. I was told it was 1/8000? Perhaps that's something you guys would like to share in future.

LunaticJames

Content maker
Saurus said:
I wasn't aware the mininum was pushed up by 2000. I was told it was 1/8000? Perhaps that's something you guys would like to share in future.
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=29141
[quote="Empress Teck |]Now more information about the spawn rates.
The old system was only partially disclosed to the players. The staff in the past told players that commons were 1/10, rares 1/100, and VR were 1/1000. This is only the standard rates. The reality is that commons could be any rate > 1/20, Rares any rate between 1/20 and 1/200 and very rares any rate between 1/200 and 1/10,000. Horribly rare pokemon any rates less than 1/10,000.[/quote]

Maybe you're confused between Shiny rates, which are around the 1/8000 mark, and what you thought HR rates once were?

Saurus

Banned
I didn't know about that Game update post. Thanks. Suppose I just got frustrated in the heat of the 'moment'. I'm just a normal fella' after all. ;D It's healthy to let it out sometimes. Lol.

Buggot

Lol, I have only seen one HR, and it was Elekid. I found it after a few minutes, to be honest. Then, I killed it :p nooooooooooooooooooo....
I guess the rate is high, but it all comes down to luck for me :p