How do I get Pokemon World Online into Portuguese?

Lord258

Since it's in the very explicit title, I'd like to know how to put Pokémon World Online into Portuguese.
Portuguese from Portugal or Portuguese from Brazil to me does not matter, I just wonder how to put it in Portuguese, since I know absolutely NOTHING of English, and I remember when I was little to be hours behind a screen playing this wonderful little game.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Sorry - PWO is currently only available in English. Players are free to design their own skins in order to translate graphics and GUI elements into other languages; and are also able to create their own chatrooms where they are free to speak in any language they wish. However, PWO does not offer any direct support for other languages, and likely will not for the foreseeable future. Part of the reason for this is that neither the server nor client code were developed with localization in mind; and redeveloping them to make this possible would likely require significant effort and cause not insignificant bloat to the code base. (It miiiiiiiight be possible to have NPC scripts offer multiple languages, through the use of a player-set variable and multiple scripts for each NPC, but this would effectively double the effort needed to create each NPC for each additional language; and that's time that could better be spent actually working on new features and content instead.)

There was at one point a plan to allow the Playerdex and website to support multiple languages (and the Playerdex has even been built with localization in mind); but I believe that project has stalled due to a lack of volunteers.