Encounter Rates And Times For Rare, Very Rare, And Horrible Rare

A

afreeti

okay well i tested this out 3 times for each rate with 3 different Pokemon in two different routes

and it seems they follow a pattern, a common pattern as you'll see listed below

community estimated rates for rare Pokemon = 1 in every 40(my guess for the community)

community estimated rates for very rare Pokemon = 1 in every 200(my guess for the community)

community estimated rates for horribly rare Pokemon =1 in every 1000

my encounter rates for rare Pokemon =1 every 32 Pokemon on average (tested 3 times on 3 different Pokemon)

my encounter rates for very rare Pokemon =1 in every 160 Pokemon ( tested 4 times)

My encounter rates for =1 in every 800 (tested twice)

If you noticed my encounter rates increased by five as i went after the more rare Pokemon. Now we cant assume that as a coincidence but at the same time we cant accept it as the standard(yet) Now i couldn't find the community rates for rare and very rare but id hope they would follow the by 5 rule listed above

Now on to the times and percents. It took me 11 seconds to find and run away from a Pokemon any Pokemon; on the average of a little over 2000 times tested so far. By multiplying the encounter rates by 11 and dividing by 60 you get the average time it would take to encounter a rare, very rare, or horribly rare( note i round up)

my encounter times for rare = 6 minutes

my encounter time for very rare = 30 minutes

my encounter times for horribly rare = 2 hours and 30 minutes

community encounter times for rare =7.5 minutes ( my guess)

community encounter times for very rare = 37 minutes

community encounter times for horribly rare =3 hours and 5 minutes

Now for the hard part this data is flawed because im drawing my info from one source.. me id appreciate it greatly if you could assist me by giving your own accounts ( as in times and total encounters it took) to catch a Pokemon

p.s i realize that certain Pokemon i.e snorlax have a Much harder catch rate then normal even for its class please prevent yourself from listing those encounters

A

afreeti

i saw the post awhile ago it just seemed a little disorganized in my opinion

too many people talking about how they didn't do it from what i had read you were the only one really participating

A

afreeti

the encounters aren't as random as you might think there are odds and those odds are simply a code placed into the game in just listing the known odds versus my odds to find a consensus

encounters worked the same way in the original pokemon (... sort of )

Also Please refrain from commenting unless your actually contributing information

not how you cant find time or how some nonsensical tidbit

C

chuck92

[quote name='afreeti' timestamp='1316522274' post='4890']

okay well i tested this out 3 times for each rate with 3 different Pokemon in two different routes

and it seems they follow a pattern, a common pattern as you'll see listed below

community estimated rates for rare Pokemon = 1 in every 40(my guess for the community)

community estimated rates for very rare Pokemon = 1 in every 200(my guess for the community)

community estimated rates for horribly rare Pokemon =1 in every 1000

my encounter rates for rare Pokemon =1 every 32 Pokemon on average (tested 3 times on 3 different Pokemon)

my encounter rates for very rare Pokemon =1 in every 160 Pokemon ( tested 4 times)

My encounter rates for =1 in every 800 (tested twice)

If you noticed my encounter rates increased by five as i went after the more rare Pokemon. Now we cant assume that as a coincidence but at the same time we cant accept it as the standard(yet) Now i couldn't find the community rates for rare and very rare but id hope they would follow the by 5 rule listed above

Now on to the times and percents. It took me 11 seconds to find and run away from a Pokemon any Pokemon; on the average of a little over 2000 times tested so far. By multiplying the encounter rates by 11 and dividing by 60 you get the average time it would take to encounter a rare, very rare, or horribly rare( note i round up)

my encounter times for rare = 6 minutes

my encounter time for very rare = 30 minutes

my encounter times for horribly rare = 2 hours and 30 minutes

community encounter times for rare =7.5 minutes ( my guess)

community encounter times for very rare = 37 minutes

community encounter times for horribly rare =3 hours and 5 minutes

Now for the hard part this data is flawed because im drawing my info from one source.. me id appreciate it greatly if you could assist me by giving your own accounts ( as in times and total encounters it took) to catch a Pokemon

p.s i realize that certain Pokemon i.e snorlax have a Much harder catch rate then normal even for its class please prevent yourself from listing those encounters

[/quote]

Mine's Unorganized?

Our topics are basically the same thing, you could've easily posted this information, like stated in my topic, instead of making a completely new topic. That's what I made it for.

A

afreeti

[quote name='chuck92' timestamp='1316551553' post='5025']

Mine's Unorganized?

Our topics are basically the same thing, you could've easily posted this information, like stated in my topic, instead of making a completely new topic. That's what I made it for.

[/quote]

As in to many people are going off topic posting none relevant information( i had given thought to posting this there but it would of been lost in the aforementioned postings) which is what was stated in my last two posts

and seems to be happening here so again, please refrain from posting unless you have information connected to the original post

T

TahTaniel

[quote name='afreeti' timestamp='1316548005' post='5015']

the encounters aren't as random as you might think there are odds and those odds are simply a code placed into the game in just listing the known odds versus my odds to find a consensus

encounters worked the same way in the original pokemon (... sort of )

Also Please refrain from commenting unless your actually contributing information

not how you cant find time or how some nonsensical tidbit

[/quote]

I'm just trying to help you understand, I didn't explain in my first post because I didn't have time. I'm pretty sure that if you catch a Pokemon after 50 battles, it doesn't mean that you will catch it again in another 50 battles. You're argument is probably going to be "well, it isn't exact." Alright, if you catch a Pokemon after 50 battles, there's a possibility you won't catch it again for 1,000 battles. It's completely random, there really isn't a way to determine how long it will take for you to catch a certain Pokemon. Common, Rare, Very Rare, e.t.c, are the only helpful rates you're going to get.

A

afreeti

[quote name='TahTaniel' timestamp='1316564531' post='5093']

I'm just trying to help you understand, I didn't explain in my first post because I didn't have time. I'm pretty sure that if you catch a Pokemon after 50 battles, it doesn't mean that you will catch it again in another 50 battles. You're argument is probably going to be "well, it isn't exact." Alright, if you catch a Pokemon after 50 battles, there's a possibility you won't catch it again for 1,000 battles. It's completely random, there really isn't a way to determine how long it will take for you to catch a certain Pokemon. Common, Rare, Very Rare, e.t.c, are the only helpful rates you're going to get.

[/quote]

My response is going to be "Please refrain from commenting unless your actually contributing information"

the possibility that you wont see it again for 1000 is there but its not the dominant probability when a known average is in play (which is the point of this thread to establish a known community average) like a coin can land on heads 1000 times if you flip it but it has the greatest odds of landing 500heads 500tails

"probability and statistics sophomore college year"

R

Ryessa

[quote name='afreeti' timestamp='1316649157' post='5361']

My response is going to be "Please refrain from commenting unless your actually contributing information"

the possibility that you wont see it again for 1000 is there but its not the dominant probability when a known average is in play (which is the point of this thread to establish a known community average) like a coin can land on heads 1000 times if you flip it but it has the greatest odds of landing 500heads 500tails

"probability and statistics sophomore college year"

[/quote]

I apologize for further filling your thread with posts that are unrelated to your desired discussion.

However, you also have to realize that, no matter where or when you post your information, there will ALWAYS be unrelated posts within the thread. You also have to realize that the people who are truly interested in these statistics would make the effort to run through the entire thread with full attention.

You could have also made a request from the original poster in the other thread, asking them if they could quote your findings into the first post so they would always be displayed. If you think the OP would have missed your post, you could have approached him by pm with the same request and information. Where there's a will, there's a way.

If a single thread gains enough valuable information from and for the community, it may also be added to the PWO wiki.

airmax

[quote name='Ryessa' timestamp='1316652607' post='5369']

I apologize for further filling your thread with posts that are unrelated to your desired discussion.

However, you also have to realize that, no matter where or when you post your information, there will ALWAYS be unrelated posts within the thread. You also have to realize that the people who are truly interested in these statistics would make the effort to run through the entire thread with full attention.

You could have also made a request from the original poster in the other thread, asking them if they could quote your findings into the first post so they would always be displayed. If you think the OP would have missed your post, you could have approached him by pm with the same request and information. Where there's a will, there's a way.

If a single thread gains enough valuable information from and for the community, it may also be added to the PWO wiki.

[/quote]

Ohhohohohoh Sooo complex o.o

A

afreeti

[/quote]

in all honesty that never occurred to me though i did make this post immediately after roughly 6 hours of continuous grinding followed by reading his post then searching the wiki for similar info on the subject matter. In the old mmos i used to play a thread with no new info after a week is considered a necro so i that added fuel to the fire per-say. and the fact that there isnt a delete post button i can find

A

afreeti

power plant pikachu very rare 42 minutes

cinnebar island east very rare slowbro 26 minutes

power plant elekid roughly 3 hours

Saric

Youngster

[/quote]

Sorry for being off topic OP

But don't expect it to be added to the wiki without staff confirmation.

A

afreeti

that wasn't my post that was ryessas' im fully aware( well not really) of how the wiki works