Carved Cavern?

Borgore

NOOB QUESTION (MAYBE)

Today I got my noobie bum past Brock and into the next City. I ventured across Battle Bridge and through the rest of the NPC's and came across the cave next to Bill's house. I entered and saw to old guys. One called George i think. Anyway. I spoke to them both and they wanted to see "something" I clicked it and it said they weren't interested? What is it I need so I can get past them?

Help would be very appreciative thanks. :]

Naero

They want to see an Attack or Defense scroll, then they'll permit you to access the Splitting River Reserve. Either scroll can be obtained in the dojo in Saffron City (located right next ot the Saffron City gym) - Thus, at least the Soul Badge from Fuchsia City (the 5th Kanto gym) is required to access Saffron City to obtain one of the scrolls. The defense scroll allows you to access the side of the reserve where Hitmonchan can be encountered; the attack scroll allows you to access the side where Hitmonlee can be encountered. Only one scroll can be obtained, however.

For more information about pokemon encountered in the Splitting River Reserve, type /list Splitting River Reserve, in-game.