Search results

1. K

Healing Items outside of Battle

Why not just clone all Potions and etc to be X-Potion, X-SuperPotion, etc so that you can buy either to do both?
  2. K

24 Hour Time Between Battles

Hey Soudon, While PWO is designed to follow the spirit of the Nintendo/Game Freak titles, it is still at its core a massively multi-player experience. Unlike the original titles, which were designed with a single-player experience in mind, PWO attempts to provide a level of play similar to that...
  3. K

Black Pokemon System ? (New pokemon system with iv)

Interesting idea. How would this system improve the in-game experiences of players? In which ways would those enhanced experiences differ from the various features and mechanisms already present in the game?
  4. K

top monthly wins

I'm not in favor of the top 10 lists because they're unrealistic for the number of players the game currently has. It's much more realistic for the 3120th richest player to try to be the 3000th richest player short term than it is the 10th richest player. If the lists were changed from top 10...
  5. K

Top Most Active! - Monthly

Wouldn't a hidden list of all account activity over the past 24 hours for the GM team to look over do the same thing in terms of bot control, but better? I don't know about you, but if I was a GM and had a list of how many hours/minutes each player had plugged in each day, I'd have a pretty...
  6. K

I want more storage!!!!

I know that this isn't a direct solution to the problem (which is extra box space to store Fionavara's collection/spoils of war), but would an adoption system through the Playerdex help take care of some of these problems? Players would have the option to transfer unwanted Pokemon from their...
  7. K

Removing extra items

I think that we should consider all player types before making changes to accounts. Peace-Enforcer's an example of the type of player that enjoys exploring the world and collecting treasures, and so we should cater to that style of play as well. An NPC that collects old items like this, and...
  8. K

Patch System

I'm certain that this style of feature will return with the launch of the new client. PWO used to have a pre-launch auto-updater, similar to other games, a few years ago. Changes in the development team phased this feature out, but that is more due to circumstance than choice.
  9. K

Some would call it a hammer

PWO is the only game I've played where if you get ripped off in a trade, a team of moderators will spend hours banning the person into the ground and returning your stuff. In every other game, the moderators recognize that in the majority of cases, the one filing the report is responsible for...
  10. K

I assume that it's tucked away in the staff's resources. No, we shouldn't know what it is. As soon as players know what account action protocols are, they'll blatantly abuse them. Knowing what the account action protocols are is a safety net, but not in the way you're expecting.For example, if...
  11. K

Late to the party, sure, but had to chime in. It's important to understand why something is a crime, not just what the punishment is. Speed is often limited in areas based off of congestion, safety, and terrain. For example, while a road might have a speed limit of 45 mph, the corners might be...
  12. K

Hi PWO

Hello everyone, I'm coming back after quitting before. When I started I got annoyed at some bugs but it looks like they've been fixed, so I'm giving it another go. How have things improved?
  13. K

Offical suggestion for /list.

There's no issue with requiring people to have seen a Pokemon before they know where to find it. That is how it is in the originals. For overly rare Pokemon, quests that show you a picture and add the data (like Dialga/Palkia in Platinum) solves the problem.
  14. K

Ingame TMs

@EcoWOLFrb: The steel type has been in need of balancing since Gen 2. Whether or not the fairy type is added is irrelevant. Making steel neutral to ghost and dark is natural. It should happen either way. If Gengar can fly through things made of steel and metal then Shadow Ball should punch...
  15. K

Ingame TMs

Assuming that the Fairy type is added in and that the Steel type is nerfed (6th gen balancing), how would that affect things? Metagross would now be weak to Dark and Ghost types, and would possibly need to use Meteor Mash to get past potentially-new checks in Granbull, Clefable, Togetic, Mr...
  16. K

Dratini skin rate

There was a time when games were kind When their stories were fun And their quests inviting There was a time before the grind And games had content And their content exciting There was a time Then it all went wrong I dreamed a dream in times gone by When loot was high And games worth playing I...