Search results

1. K

Map Loading Issues. (black screen)

I had to run the client as an Admin to get it to work for me, could just be that.
  2. K

Hello... again

Cheers Jinji, I see a fair amount has changed. I'm having issues trying to login to my account on playerdex, will try and get help via the discord server.
  3. K

Hello... again

I've come back from a... 4year break it seems, having only stumbled back onto this forum/game. Glad to be back. Will attempt to catch up and figure out what on earth I've missed.
  4. K

Update on Client Permissions.

As a coder myself who offered my services to help back when I was an active player, you're looking at at least 6months before a working concept of a client is produced. The management of this game was atrocious and it showed in many of the events. Lack of cohesion/discussion from staff members...
  5. K

The game reset

I haven't commented on this forum in a long time and have only now just remembered it, so you may or may not know me, but I quit this game after a while when I realised the community itself was heavily declining. It was actually a multitude of reasons why I quit this game. The two biggest...
  6. K

5 Reasons why changing moves shouldn't cost money

So why should people have to pay for incomplete features mistakes? I agree with this change if it was done correctly. I don't think it should be completely free for everyone - but I agree that lower players lose more out of this currently than the higher players and that IS a problem and can...
  7. K

Help with a Team please.

A max speed dragonite or flygon could take out your entire comp with ease, I feel with Snorlax you'd stop that happening but you should look to get slightly better IV's on the non-shiny pokemon. Personally I wouldn't have both kingdra AND gyarados. I'd stick with Kingdra. A swampert would also...
  8. K

disconnecting in battles

The player that's winning will be more likely to wait it out, though, as they have more to lose. Usually the loser ends up D/Cing if it becomes a wait-war. I support this idea. But I would prefer if having D/C's actually had a negative influence on your battling/account, to further incur people...
  9. K

General Battle information

My first guess, based on the pokemon you gave as an example, is that because feraligatr is only Water and not duel typed, it's getting a larger STAB bonus. (Or, perhaps the dual-typed water pokemon aren't getting the stab bonus) Which I'm pretty sure shouldn't happen.
  10. K

Token store shiny Pokémon

That's quite an extremist way of thinking, but you're entitled to your opinion. Donators have and always will control the market, because they can buy things on demand. This is a fact in every single free-to-play mmo that has micro-transactions. It may be sad but, it's just how it is I'm...
  11. K

How long does it take you to log in?

I'm wondering, because you are all such old members with many hours time, that that's the actual problem. If it's over 1000hours + gametime perhaps the client isn't correctly storing your information for whatever reason. Just a wild stab in the dark to be honest, it could be anything. I get...
  12. K

Actually, I'd say they have every right to complain. The whole reason this MMO is FREE is because we the donators are paying for it. Without the donators, you would have no game. Granted you may still have the game, but without any type of income, it would slowly decline instead of continue to...
  13. K

Server Upgrade.

Not quite sure you understood, a "Dedi" is short for a Dedicated host/server. Not referring to a company. I'm aware PWO is a small, self-sustained indie game. Anyways, I've filled myself in. I pretty much understand the situation, request a close thread.
  14. K

Server Upgrade.

Wow. I'm going to look into this. I'd like to know what went wrong lol. But fair enough, you can close this if you so wish.
  15. K

Server Upgrade.

Wait, the game going down is because the game coding itself is poor? That doesn't make much sense. Surely the Dedi company they're using is just terrible as it's the connection that's going down? (Or They're not using one at all) That would be my first though because Only Admins can reboot the...
  16. K

Server Upgrade.

I'll be honest. You really do need to upgrade your servers for this game. Your downtime to uptime ratio must be pretty low. I'm fairly certain what with the recent influx in donations including from myself, you could look into it? I say this because I love PWO and I want to spend more time...
  17. K

How long does it take you to log in?

1 Try, else I have to ctrl Alt Delete close the PWO.exe and try once more. Never had to try any more times than that.
  18. K

Frankly, it's about time. Tokens were far too undervalued, considering it's 1 dollar a piece.
  19. K

Well put, Darcia. I'd like to note Bis is not the only one who's spent 300 (or more) dollars before this whole thing. In fact, over the past several days I've spent the same if not more money on trying to get the pokemon I want. I got a few, and I was happy. When the bonus thing was released...
  20. K

Indeed, but usually the staff takes responsibility (as Jinji has done) for their mishaps because they have full control over the game, where as we do not. I suppose it's just one of those things. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I agree that had bluerise been a bit less stubborn and...