Search results

1. C

Wipe after beta?

I have heard that idea, and I like it. To be honest I'd like to see some sort of reward for beta-testers, but nothing insane. Maybe a 5%-10% return on money donated during BETA? OR if that isn't available (information isn't recorded etc.) then an egg of your choice (chosen among 5 token pokes)...
  2. C

Wipe after beta?

I've been involved in a few online BETA games and it has been my experience that there is ALWAYS a wipe when the game officially launches. That said, I have never seen a game wipe without rewarding the players that participated in the BETA with something... and 2 out of the 3 times I've been...
  3. C

Pokemon Updates

Mine DID too, but I removed it... I was told in the online chat keeping it is exploiting a known glitch and thus was a bannable offense.
  4. C

Scammers or strategists?

I'm going to go ahead and say that was MY IDEA a couple posts ago ;)
  5. C

Scammers or strategists?

I stand corrected. Thanks Fonty
  6. C

Membership trading and screen names

Agreed. I was surprised. I thought about it after posting... I likely posted this in the wrong section. I meant to bring it to your attention as a bug... characters accepted in screen names ought to be accepted elsewhere. Thanks for the quick reply.
  7. C

Membership trading and screen names

Hey there, I just tried to trade membership to a player named ~Alcohol He gave me the pokes and money, and then we both logged off and I tried to get him a 30 days ms... but every time I tried it said the name contained improper characters. I assume it refers to the "~" at the beginning of...
  8. C

Scammers or strategists?

This is, in my opinion, a huge problem with the economy. Everyone wants to "win" the trade. No one wants to pay what something is worth or sell their poke for what it's worth... they want MORE than it's worth. It's greed and it's a misunderstanding of economics. Unfortunately in a game that...
  9. C

Pokemon Updates

IF YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD: It has been stated several times that Crenel is not taking suggestions. He has a system and is working through the list as he has prioritized them. Just sit back and wait like the rest of us... he's improving the game, try not to get more demanding! Crenel...
  10. C

The current PWO battle metagame

Yeah that happens some times... then my Char gets zapped! Rhydon should always beat Char unless you have a fail Rhydon, or rock blast misses... but it's 90% so you can safely assume it'll hit and you will OH Char. He also mentioned Tauros -- Rhy is about a perfect a counter to Tauros as there...
  11. C

It is guess work, but it's educated guess work. You get a feel for the type of player you're battling (even if you haven't battled them or know them by reputation) by the pokes you're seeing. For example I was battling a nice player last night whose first poke was a Slaking who beat my...
  12. C

Upcoming Planned Downtime

I think some of the newer players aren't used to a BETA game. I've actually really been impressed with how often the server has been up, how quickly it's been restarted and several long runs where it's been very stable and fast. So well done Blue, thanks for it all.
  13. C

Registration

I think he was assuming February 25th was January 25th..? That's my only theory...
  14. C

Interesting post. I think it's a bit unfair to call it a rock, paper, scissor match. There is more strategy and specifically math involved than that. There are some battlers, Novo, matleo and dovee come to mind, who will likely beat 95% of the trainers in pwo, 95% of the time. It has to do...
  15. C

Ok ... so what IS the holdup on tokens

Not sure if the entire post was directed at me or just the last part. Either way, come on man. I have never been anything but complimentary of our staff and appreciative for all they do. I do not consider myself a complainer. I am merely voicing an opinion, and the two issues I have always...
  16. C

Ok ... so what IS the holdup on tokens

First of all, you're absolutely right Mantis, the staff don't get thanked enough. You guys do a great job, and the nature of a pokemon game is that it will attract young, immature players, which makes your job all the more difficult. You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the hard work you do...
  17. C

Pokemon Updates

Thanks for the communication! It's always nice when we get some heads up of what's going on. Don't worry at all about the delay though, your updates have been awesome and every update makes the game a little better, so thanks for each one!
  18. C

PWO's Monthly Auction

Hey Bis, I know it's likely hard following all the bids... but DaSnowmann shouldn't have won the Aero bid I don't think, on page 19 risefromruin out bid his 13m with 15 m and a few posts later I outbid rise with 17m
  19. C

PWO's Monthly Auction

lol, dang. 17m on the Aero
  20. C

PWO's Monthly Auction

17m on the Jolteon.