Recent content by Crocs2001

1. C

Poke/Moves Banned in battle

come on.. have you ever use slaking in the handhelds? yes it is common and its not a good pokemon at all.. in smogon slaking's tier in the real competitive pokemon battle is NU (never used). because originally slaking has truant ability that make him have to recharge after everytime he moves...
  2. C

Hello, and Goodbye :)

btw im really not much of a chemist actually. I studied chemical/biochemical engineering until i got my masters degree.. and chemistry and chemical engineering are both very different things. i wont be able to make a 99% blue crystal meth, because a chemical engineer doesn't really have the...
  3. C

Hello, and Goodbye :)

Hello everyone.. 1st of all i'm sure most of you (or probably all of you) didn't even remember me. i'm just a casual player and a casual battler back when i was active few years ago. recently i decided to go back just to see whats going on here. although i must say there's a lot of improvements...
  4. C

pvp thoughts, boosting and switching

the reason i wrote this post is because few days ago i saw an argument in the chat, which ends in someone says "because switching is noob, and boosting is strategy".. this statement somehow shocked me because theres nothing strategical at all about spamming stat boost when ur opponent literally...
  5. C

pvp thoughts, boosting and switching

WARNING : WALL OF TEXT AHEAD.. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK 1st off all, i am a relatively old player dropping by just to see whats goin on in PWO now. I played PWO up until 2011 christmass event, and played again for a while when the dragons den quest came up. these past 3 days i decided to play for...
  6. C

battle system.....

theres nothing wrong with switching if the battle system is just like in the handhelds.. but until then, just stick with this "unofficial rule" about no switching. just say "no switching" every time u asked for battles (esp at low lvl battles). sure it doesn't guarantee that ur opponent will not...
  7. C

Scammers or strategists?

i keep seeing ppl say this should be banned no solid proof = nothing a staff can do about it.. (unless PWO encourage a banning method that doesn't need a proof and based only on assumption, which i hope they don't) really its not a matter of should or shouldn't, its a matter of can or can't...
  8. C

Pokemon Updates

well even if slaking has fighting weakness, his DEF is  way better then his SPDEF. thats why a 120 power SPATK from a high SPATK pokemons (i.e charizard/jolteon) will do way better against a slaking then a fighting move.. just so u know, when a poke is weak against a certain move, doesn't mean...
  9. C

Pokemon Updates

obviously u have very little experience in battling in the max lvl.. first of all, slaking has only good def, but very sucky spdef. second, flare blitz can't one hit a tauros, superpower from feral can't one hit a tauros either.. even before this, slaking is already easy to beat. and i can't...
  10. C

Scammers or strategists?

just to make it clear, i don't support this behavior.. i don't think that this kind of shenanigans should be ban-able not because i support it, but its because even if it is ban-able, there is nothing that can be done to provide a solid proof. lemme show you a lil bit illustration abt what i...
  11. C

Scammers or strategists?

lol that was a very tricky shenanigan.. :D but IMO it shouldn't be forbidden,, just frowned upon.. the way i see it, in ur case if u believe that he lied and u are pretty sure that 50m is a really good price or a meganium, even an epic stats one, then u should just stick to ur 50m. just say "ur...
  12. C

slaking vs chari both max spd...

it depends on who send the battle invite.. i think the one who accept the battle challenge will have the advantage to move first if both pokes have the same spd.. (or maybe its the other way around, i can't remember) idk if this theory is conformed yet or not, but i do remember someone is...
  13. C

The current condition of pwo's player versus computer enviroment.

abt the PVE aspect,, well yes it is true gyms here at PWO is a little bit easy. esp if u have played gen 1-2 (and their remakes) in the handhelds. i beat 15 gyms with my pokes 5-10 lvl lower from each of the gym leader. (with the exception of chyntia, coz i just dont have the counter for her...
  14. C

Dragon's Den.

in cerulean city, press space bar right in front of the door of the house in the north-east CMIIW.
  15. C

Dragon's Den.

its guida after all.. idk about that cole kid tho.. after i talk to guida, the dragons den option disappeared from that NPC. idk if he's part of the quest or not since none of the clue he gives is related at all to guida whatsoever.. or maybe its a different path of the quest like hitmon said...